LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 323 users in the forums

Roster cuts when Bowman, Aldon, Dorsey & Lattimore are added

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Gore was beat up in the 4th quarter against the Rams. You have to activate Lattimore barring no setbacks.
Originally posted by HearstFan:
I agree Lemon is on the bubble.

But, I don't think all of the guys will be back from this temporary IR:

1. Dorsey may not be ready and they could be forced to put him on perm IR for the season. Even if he could come back, he may be rusty and limited, so FO might keep players that are 100% and perm IR him instead.

2. Bowman - same as Dorsey, if the D is doing good, I don't see them risking Bowman's long term health if the knee isn't truly 100%

3. Lattimore - while I agree, carrying 2 RBs is VERY risky, Lattimore would be coming back, having almost zero training camp and getting almost no reps with the starting Oline now, I don't see how they bring him to the active roster this season when he will almost certainly make nearly zero contribution this year.

I think it is more likely we see Dial and Carradine start to increase playing time after the bye week and some of the guys mentioned (Dobbs, TJE) get bumped to inactive. Dial has got to start spelling Ian Williams at some point ?

I can totally see all of this as well! Well done.
Originally posted by 49erphan:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Good point but Cox at the slot IS a starter for us...esp. against a team like Denver (spread offense) by which he'd probably be in the game 80-90% of all the defensive snaps. They could keep him outside at LCB and move Brock in for Culliver at RCB and continue to play the slightly-injured Ward at the slot? You want your best CB's on the field...is that Culliver, Brock and Cox or Brock, Cox and Ward?

If Ward isn't or can't play at a high enough level (for the time being), I wonder if Fangio might consider doing with Cox what he used to do with Rogers - play LCB and then drop into the slot when needed with Culliver or Brock moving to take over the LCB spot on those plays.

This could work as well. Then bring Cook or Johnson is off the bench to play outside while Cox slips inside to the slot. Makes sense!
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I'd tweak this by keeping Moody over Osgood and then try to convince Lemonier that his lack of explosion must be due to a bad case of turf toe or plantar fasciitis and send him to IR

LOL. I like this one a lot! With Willis down, we may have to keep Moody in there who also plays ST as well. But no Osgood and Ventrone? That could be a hole for us on ST.

I agree with the point some have made here . . . unfortunately attrition due to injuries will make some of these decisions pretty easy.
Share 49ersWebzone