There are 271 users in the forums

Handed Only Losses to Both 5-1 NFC East Teams, No Respect

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If you were to watch NFL Network and ESPN, there's nary a mention of the fact that the single losses by Dallas and Philadelphia are both at the hands of ours truly.

Both teams have dominated the rest of the league. I don't understand how the media can't (or won't) connect the dots. I guess this next game with Denver is going to determine a lot about where our team stands, and how they are perceived.

Our secondary is going to have to do a much better job of covering, but they will need a lot of help from our pass rush. Hell, send Aaron Lynch and Tank Carradine at Peyton Manning with the intent to hit him hard. If he is comfortable in the pocket, we could get lit up. Demaryius Thomas is very much in the mold of Brandon Marshall, and that was a very rough matchup for our secondary.
Originally posted by Psinex:
If you were to watch NFL Network and ESPN, there's nary a mention of the fact that the single losses by Dallas and Philadelphia are both at the hands of ours truly.

Both teams have dominated the rest of the league. I don't understand how the media can't (or won't) connect the dots. I guess this next game with Denver is going to determine a lot about where our team stands, and how they are perceived.

Our secondary is going to have to do a much better job of covering, but they will need a lot of help from our pass rush. Hell, send Aaron Lynch and Tank Carradine at Peyton Manning with the intent to hit him hard. If he is comfortable in the pocket, we could get lit up. Demaryius Thomas is very much in the mold of Brandon Marshall, and that was a very rough matchup for our secondary.
Bingo so don't even worry about it. If the niners win there will be alot of media dick riding for your pleasure next week.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
If the niners win. they will continue to talk about Dallas
Worst is the way we lost both to Chi and ARZ. We have yet to be dominated in any game so far, so who gives a rats ass what the media thinks. They do this every season. I'm glad they aren't over-hyping us up before such a tough road game and before we get all our pieces back in the mix.
Originally posted by Psinex:

Honestly have no idea why you or anyone would care how the 49ers are perceived...every power ranking under the sun could put the Niners in the bottom 5 of the league and I couldn't care less. All that matters is what actually happens on the field, not how writers, experts, pundits, and other fans perceive them.
we know about the bias towards the nfc east. cant say i'm surprised.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
f**k respect, give me the Ws
Why folks keep crying for respect around here? It's like 2/3 threads on this. Stop whining and enjoy your team.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
f**k respect, give me the Ws

This, our team is from dat w-w-w-westsiide(in snoop dogg's voice from "one blood remix" & we live in a east coast bias country, jus how it is. Go niners.
This team could be 6-0 and it would still be voted to miss the playoffs, cause they would concoct some theory that the locker room is still falling apart, and that we'd end up like the 2009 Giants, who went 5-0, and never win again.

Then shouldnt the Cardinals be getting even more credit at 4-1 and defeating the 49ers and Chargers?
Look, you guys have a great team but they play so inconsistently even in the games they win. It's like a game within a game. Who have you guys really dominated? The season is still young, and at the end of the season I am sure the 49ers will be getting plenty of positive publicity.... But at this time, there are a lot of teams with better records, and who have played more consistently...

You guys will saw the Cardinals beat each team, and find ways to justify why they won but can't the same be said for you guys. You had Dallas first, a "preseason" game if I recall, and Dallas poohed the bed. They played poorly and spotted 17 points or so with horrible decisions. Against the Bears, they had damaged W/R's that were literally running with limps on the field and still won.... Give it some time, beat Denver this week and you will get your credibility...
Originally posted by ring_less:
Then shouldnt the Cardinals be getting even more credit at 4-1 and defeating the 49ers and Chargers?
Look, you guys have a great team but they play so inconsistently even in the games they win. It's like a game within a game. Who have you guys really dominated? The season is still young, and at the end of the season I am sure the 49ers will be getting plenty of positive publicity.... But at this time, there are a lot of teams with better records, and who have played more consistently...

You guys will saw the Cardinals beat each team, and find ways to justify why they won but can't the same be said for you guys. You had Dallas first, a "preseason" game if I recall, and Dallas poohed the bed. They played poorly and spotted 17 points or so with horrible decisions. Against the Bears, they had damaged W/R's that were literally running with limps on the field and still won.... Give it some time, beat Denver this week and you will get your credibility...

Hey Ringless,

I sincerely wish your team the best and continued success. I hope both the 49ers and Cardinals are playing for a division championship on 12/28. At this time, if both teams are healthy and the 49ers have back Bowman, Brock, A. Davis, G. Dorsey, A. Smith, and possibly M. Lattimore, there will be NO excuses for us if we lose. But I truly believe when we have all these guys backs and haven't suffered a major injury to another player we are simply going to take back the NFC West title from your grasp with a most magnificent beat down.

Thanks,
i dont care tbh. Harbaughs team will never get respect because he never respects the media, which is what he should be doing. We arent here for a popularity contest, we're here to win it all.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:
we know about the bias towards the nfc east. cant say i'm surprised.

Pretty much this.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gold49digger:
i dont care tbh. Harbaughs team will never get respect because he never respects the media, which is what he should be doing. We arent here for a popularity contest, we're here to win it all.

The National Media Hates him...which might be why there seems to be some kind of made up report about him and his team in what feels like every few days. I'm starting to think they won't be happy until he's out of the national eye and back in college.
[ Edited by jcs on Oct 14, 2014 at 4:03 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone