LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

Week 6 - 2014: Thoughts after rewatching the game...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Seattle49er:
10) Denver: Yikes. As I stated in point #9, the defense has played great....but this is Manning and company. I'm hopeful, but not confident. It should be fun though. :D

This is how you should have posted the statement at .net, not "I fully anticipate a loss at Denver", this sounds more like a true fan, not someone trying to kiss .net behind.

Wasn't really trying to attack you personally, just don't understand why you sugar coat some of your statements there. If you mean it, say it, screw how they feel about it. It gets old watching them bait you and then tag team you.

Truce?

Exactly what I was thinking... I was pretty shocked you said that over there... F those guys... The fact we play in Denver is a good thing... Kap plays better on the road... Also they have no running game, and and we have time and again beat elite qb's without a run game... We have a legit shot to take this game...
Originally posted by HarboutTHAT:
10) Denver: Yikes. As I stated in point #9, the defense has played great....but this is Manning and company. I'm hopeful, but not confident. It should be fun though. :D

This is how you should have posted the statement at .net, not "I fully anticipate a loss at Denver", this sounds more like a true fan, not someone trying to kiss .net behind.

Wasn't really trying to attack you personally, just don't understand why you sugar coat some of your statements there. If you mean it, say it, screw how they feel about it. It gets old watching them bait you and then tag team you.

Truce?

Exactly what I was thinking... I was pretty shocked you said that over there... F those guys... The fact we play in Denver is a good thing... Kap plays better on the road... Also they have no running game, and and we have time and again beat elite qb's without a run game... We have a legit shot to take this game...

I'm so so afraid of Julius Thomas eating us for lunch.
Did Aaron Lynch play last night? I did not hear his name much. How did he do?

Seemed like Skuta is developing more as a pass rusher.

Skuta and Willhoite played good games.

Ian Williams played his butt off last night and did very well.

Borland seems to have a knack for the passing lanes and is able to get his hand on the ball.

I hope SF is practicing tip ball drills for they had a lot of them last night, and we will need every tip ball we can get when playing Denver.

Did Roman call a different game last night, routes and the whole passing game seemed better once Kaep hit Lloyd.

A lot of plays left on the field but once the Niners hit their stride they were gone. Good game.
Originally posted by Niners816:
Kap's road numbers this year are:

69.8%
789 yards
6 tds
0 ints
115.3 qb rating

Those are pretty special numbers.

My favorite throw of the night was the td to crabs. I always loved the Dino route and crabs ran it great.

The last Niner I saw running that route so beautifully was Jerry Rice.
They gotta find or make a helmet with an electric face mask. Make a new drill just for Brooks. Every time he goes to the head in practice he gets shocked. He actually played his best of the season though. Gonna need him to do that every single week.

Nobody is going to expect the Niners to win that game without three pro-bowl starting linebackers and a starting corner playing. Nobody. And, that's great. Who knows? The defense might hold them down a bit and Kaepernick might be lights out and shock the NFL next Sunday night. He has a way of doing that sometimes when least expected - he's done it in Foxborough in December and in New Orleans.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crake49:

Nobody is going to expect the Niners to win that game without three pro-bowl starting linebackers and a starting corner playing. Nobody. And, that's great. Who knows? The defense might hold them down a bit and Kaepernick might be lights out and shock the NFL next Sunday night. He has a way of doing that sometimes when least expected - he's done it in Foxborough in December and in New Orleans.
good, we are at our best when everyone is down on us.
Looks like Roman put in a few wrinkles in the playbook.

Reverse sweep to Hyde with Kaep as lead blocker
Fake Ellington run with Gore/Hyde up the middle (similar to what the Rams were doing with Tavon Austin)
Staley going out for a pass

Nobody except 49er fans. Even being realistic about our chances you shouldn't throw in the towel before the game is even played. Especially on a opposing teams forum.

Truce?

Truce.

Why do I sugarcoat? I know my audience. I'm essentially saying the same thing, but there are conversations I simply won't even start over there because it gets me nowhere. Unfortunately, there are some conversation I shouldn't have but do anyway. Can't help myself.

As for "kiss .net behind"....um. No.

Originally posted by Marvin49:
Truce.

Why do I sugarcoat? I know my audience. I'm essentially saying the same thing, but there are conversations I simply won't even start over there because it gets me nowhere. Unfortunately, there are some conversation I shouldn't have but do anyway. Can't help myself.

Did you get put on vacation too, or was it just me?

Nobody except 49er fans. Even being realistic about our chances you shouldn't throw in the towel before the game is even played. Especially on a opposing teams forum.

OK...I was never throwing in the towel.

Saying I fully expect them to lose and HOPING for them to lose are entirely different things. I see Manning and company at home vs the Niners missing 3-4 of their all-world LB corps, a starting corner and possibly a nickel corner.

DO I think they CAN win? Sure. Any given sunday. I do expect them to lose though and nothing would make me happier than being wrong about that.
Truce.

Did you get put on vacation too, or was it just me?

I think it was just you. They PMed me about it after.
OK...I was never throwing in the towel.

Saying I fully expect them to lose and HOPING for them to lose are entirely different things. I see Manning and company at home vs the Niners missing 3-4 of their all-world LB corps, a starting corner and possibly a nickel corner.

DO I think they CAN win? Sure. Any given sunday. I do expect them to lose though and nothing would make me happier than being wrong about that.

"I'll say right now that I fully anticipate the Niners losing to Denver possibly down Anthony Davis, Mike Iupati, Stevie Johnson, Aldon Smith, Navorro Bowman, Patrick Willis, Jimmy Ward, and Vernon Davis a shadow of himself trying to play with a bad back.

Just way too many injuries."

Never said you hoped they would lose. Still don't think this is the type of statement a true fan shouldn't make anywhere let alone on a Seahawk site.

Did you mean losing to Denver possibly, or losing to Denver because we'd possibly be down the list of players you mentioned?
[ Edited by Seattle49er on Oct 14, 2014 at 12:02 PM ]
4) Running Game: I've kinda noticed this trend so pretty much expected to see what I saw yesterday. Teams that have had an issue stopping the run seem to stack like crazy and run blitz in fear of the Niner run game and have largely had success doing so. This has opened up the pass and Kap has played well in those instances. I expected the Niners to pass yesterday because I knew that the Rams would be putting 8 men in the box all night to force Kap to beat them...and that's exactly what happened.

The reasons for our run game getting routinely shut down on the road sound alot like the list of excuses Gruden went over for why the Rams pass rush disappeared. It's nice that Kap put up 300 yds and 3tds on the Rams but who really thinks he can do that on Seattle when they shut down our run game again?
Share 49ersWebzone