LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 177 users in the forums

Analysis from a Canadian Perspective thus far

Shop Find 49ers gear online
VS the Rams
I Love the fact were not wasting Time Outs and getting delay of game penalties. This makes me very happy as it was pissing me off the most early in the season.

DEFENSE
- Overall played very well. A lot more blitzes were called than normal and I am fine with that. 5 sacks on the night, 1 INT. Injuries are a BIG concern here. Players that I noticed most last night were: Brooks, Skuta, Cox. I am still not sold on Culliver.

OFFENSE
-Run game struggled here, but Kaep was able to win this game essentially with his arm. Over 300 yds passing and 3 Tds (0 INTS). Disappointed Lloyd didnt get another ball after that 80 yd bomb in the 2nd Q. How much does everyone love that Boldin trade. I shake my head everytime Boldin bails us out on 3rd down when i think we gave up a 6th round pick for him. Easily our most reliable weapon.

-TEs struggled today. I have never EVER been a fan of Vance and my prior posts have shown that. 2nd round pick was WAy too high for him. He shouldnt see more than 1 ball thrown his way per game. He can block and hopefully we dont hear his name on SUndays. VD has never had great hands and drops balls throughout his career. Tonight I give him a pass as he hasnt played much since week 1. I am confident he still produces this season and will be a big part of the offense.

THRU 6 games
1. Coaching staff seem to have corrected penalties, delay of game and wasted TO problems for the most part.
2. Kaep gets better each week
3. Defense remains at a very high level.
4. Injuries / health will determine how far this team gets this year.

Next week @ Denver will be tough. Vegas odds have us somewhere between 7 and 8pt dogs. Time to smack them in the mouth and show them hard nose football.
Originally posted by Canadian9erfan:
VS the Rams
I Love the fact were not wasting Time Outs and getting delay of game penalties. This makes me very happy as it was pissing me off the most early in the season.

DEFENSE
- Overall played very well. A lot more blitzes were called than normal and I am fine with that. 5 sacks on the night, 1 INT. Injuries are a BIG concern here. Players that I noticed most last night were: Brooks, Skuta, Cox. I am still not sold on Culliver.

OFFENSE
-Run game struggled here, but Kaep was able to win this game essentially with his arm. Over 300 yds passing and 3 Tds (0 INTS). Disappointed Lloyd didnt get another ball after that 80 yd bomb in the 2nd Q. How much does everyone love that Boldin trade. I shake my head everytime Boldin bails us out on 3rd down when i think we gave up a 6th round pick for him. Easily our most reliable weapon.

-TEs struggled today. I have never EVER been a fan of Vance and my prior posts have shown that. 2nd round pick was WAy too high for him. He shouldnt see more than 1 ball thrown his way per game. He can block and hopefully we dont hear his name on SUndays. VD has never had great hands and drops balls throughout his career. Tonight I give him a pass as he hasnt played much since week 1. I am confident he still produces this season and will be a big part of the offense.

THRU 6 games
1. Coaching staff seem to have corrected penalties, delay of game and wasted TO problems for the most part.
2. Kaep gets better each week
3. Defense remains at a very high level.
4. Injuries / health will determine how far this team gets this year.

Next week @ Denver will be tough. Vegas odds have us somewhere between 7 and 8pt dogs. Time to smack them in the mouth and show them hard nose football.

Seattle already smacked them in the mouth. Hopefully Kap and Gore can control this game, because the defense looks to be in a lot of trouble.
We playing pretty darn good now eh?
Damn Canada still gets no luv
Share 49ersWebzone