LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 271 users in the forums

SO you don't have to hear it from Ram fans today

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
I thought this was a makeup call for that hold on Reid, that wasn't called, during one of their TDs.

I didn't see what happened to Reid. But I saw Dahl get held around his neck on that play.

There was a blatant PI on Crabtree in the 2nd half that was either a blown call, or a make up non call.
Originally posted by BobS:
"Officials are held accountable for their calls. They are graded on every play of every game," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said.

There is a review system, the refs are graded, maybe some of you should do a little research before making statements that make you look like you just started following football yesterday.

I'm sure they are so tough on these guys for costing a team a game or a season. I wonder how many have got demoted. I think Ed Hochuli is the only one I ever heard of after the Broncos Chargers game a few years back. Too bad they aren't as hard on them and fine them like they do with the players left and right. They are making 100k-150k a year or whatever they can afford a 5k fine. I think we can start by making these guys full time. We got a billion dollar business reffed by guys who are high school principals and lawyers.
Originally posted by crake49:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

There are actually two blatant holds here - obviously Dahl being tackled, but one of the lineman also has a hold of Reid's jersey - Reid is actually on the side of the run and can't get away from a blocker who is behind him!

And the ref is standing right there looking at the play - you can see his head at the end of the gif.

Make that 3 holds. You can't see it in the gif but Skuta also got held on the play because he would have had a hit or tackle in the backfield.
  • CMIO
It was not an offensive PI folks. No need to dig deep to over analyze it. If it was called on us, the masses would be crying foul today
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I think the worst part of that play, was what they did to Dahl after he laid on the ground for a few seconds, someone came from behind and gave him a forearm to the back of the head. Two flags on same player, on the same play
Originally posted by CMIO:
It was not an offensive PI folks. No need to dig deep to over analyze it. If it was called on us, the masses would be crying foul today

Yeah it was horrible call that we benefited from at a critical time. The Referring is atrocious in the nfl and consistency is the biggest issue.
Originally posted by RabidNiner:

perfect gif.

Read the rules, CMIO. Only DPI is governed by whether or not the ball is in the air, or whether or not the ball is catchable. If an eligible receiver initiates physical content to get himself or a teammate open, it is OPI. The contact was intentional, and although the contact was not explosive and the arms were not extended, it is reasonable to watch the replay and conclude that the contact helped the receiver gain separation. If that was how the official interpreted the play, the flag is justified. It is not a terribly common call, but it is a correct call, by the book. We've had them go against us.
"Officials are held accountable for their calls. They are graded on every play of every game," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said.

There is a review system, the refs are graded, maybe some of you should do a little research before making statements that make you look like you just started following football yesterday.

And it gets conveniently ignored when the NFL wants it to, which is why Jerome Booger called super bowl 47 after having 8 appeals overturned (to these point where retired officials were questioning it)
  • BobS
  • Veteran
I figured the pointless crying about the officiating would reduce after a win, I guess not. I wonder if it would stop if the 49ers would go 16-0 winning every game by 3 tds+ ? Pretty sure most of you complaining about blown calls or non calls aren't catching the so called problem the first time you watch the play at game speed, even if you are, your view watching down from above is better than the ref has at field level. The referees are human their vision and memory isn't any better than the rest of the population. The NFL is never going to review "non calls" and penalties are not reviewable now and probably never will be as doing so would add a lot of time to the games. So the way games are called is what it is and probably won't change, so get over it and stop crying!

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
i called it when it happened, knew it was a legit call

Sure you did...and it was a terrible call, just as bad as some of the horrible ones called on the Niners so far.
I figured the pointless crying about the officiating would reduce after a win, I guess not. I wonder if it would stop if the 49ers would go 16-0 winning every game by 3 tds+ ? Pretty sure most of you complaining about blown calls or non calls aren't catching the so called problem the first time you watch the play at game speed, even if you are, your view watching down from above is better than the ref has at field level. The referees are human their vision and memory isn't any better than the rest of the population. The NFL is never going to review "non calls" and penalties are not reviewable now and probably never will be as doing so would add a lot of time to the games. So the way games are called is what it is and probably won't change, so get over it and stop crying!

No it wouldn't add a lot time, just make them part of what can be reviewed with the 2 allotted challenges. I'm with you that there are no conspiracies, it's simply old dudes trying to officiate a very fast and violent game, and then throw in way too many intricate rules and also the NFL deciding certain things need to be "points of emphasis." So if they're going to continue down this absurd path, then at least do what Belichick said which is just make everything reviewable within the confines of the existing 2 challenges.
[ Edited by DelCed2486 on Oct 14, 2014 at 1:56 PM ]
For all the Rams' complaining about the offensive PI call, it was correct. Cook initiated the contact, then broke free to catch the ball. That's just illegal and the officials are calling it more this season, for whatever reason. Cook really cost his team with drops, that penalty, etc.
Are Rams fans proud to have such a dirty team with dirty coaches. Obviously Greg Williams hasnt learned his lesson. How the F is he still in the league. He must have taken a mouth full of Goodel.
Share 49ersWebzone