LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 319 users in the forums

Who do you realistically want to win each division due to our potential match up

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We're almost at the half way point, already. Which close divisional race do you think will give us the best playoff match up, or even chance to make the play off if we have to do the wild card route.

NFC
N - Lions - Tough choice here. I'm not sure who I think we have a better shot at. I think if lions win the division it will be with a worse record than if GB wins it.
E - Dallas - Beat them already at their house
S - Carolina - If we have to play away in the playoffs I'd rather go to Carolina than ATL
W - duh...

AFC
N - Bangles - Ravens seem to have our number even if Bangles seem to be the better team on paper
E - Bills - Not likely but a man can dream
S - Texans - Luck can be scary in big games.
W - Chargers - Rivers can be a turn over machine and Manning is likely near the so Denver will be playing all out in the playoffs
All I care about is Seattle not having Home Field in the Playoffs. Near impossible to win in there in Jan/Feb.
I don't want to play the Cowboys again. Their O-line is for real. We were kinda lucky to win that game. We can't rely on "fumble 6's" against them next time.

They beat Seattle in Seattle, and had a bunch of turnovers, including a punt block for 6. That is pretty amazing.
Doesn't matter. We can beat any team anywhere when healthy
Happens every week, a particular team has a good game; Chiefs a couple of weeks ago, Seattle last week, Dallas this week; and everyone talks about how tough they are and how "good" they look.
[ Edited by RabidNiner on Oct 12, 2014 at 6:48 PM ]
Originally posted by RabidNiner:
Happens every week, a particular team has a good game; Chiefs a couple of weeks ago, Seattle last week, Dallas this week; and everyone talks about how tough they are and how "good" they look.

When we beat the Cowboy's, I had already said their O-line was amazing. When Dallas finally figured out for themselves how good their O-line was, they started to run the ball and win games.

Their only wildcard is Tony Romo vs Tony Oh-No. If Tony Oh-No shows up, they can be beaten, but that O-line will always make them a very tough team to beat. It's like a poor man's version of the 90's Cowboys.

My God, if we had that O-line, we would be impossible to stop.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Oct 12, 2014 at 7:07 PM ]
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
All I care about is Seattle not having Home Field in the Playoffs. Near impossible to win in there in Jan/Feb.

This.

BUT we almost beat hem there last playoff game.

With our improved receiving corps and our turning troops we have an excellent chance of doing it.
I would be ok with having to rematch Cowboys or Eagles with our guys at full strength, esp. if it's at our house.

Detroit is better than Green Bay, but I'd rather not play GB even though we do very well against them. Don't want any fluke BS to cost us a game.....it's ridiculous we had to play an 8-8 team in the wild card and have it be so close.

Overall, I prefer playing teams we don't face as often. Allows the better team to win most of the time......most playoff upsets happen to division rivals.

Yeah, just win the NFC West......matters far more than anything else.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
When we beat the Cowboy's, I had already said their O-line was amazing. When Dallas finally figured out for themselves how good their O-line was, they started to run the ball and win games.

Their only wildcard is Tony Romo vs Tony Oh-No. If Tony Oh-No shows up, they can be beaten, but that O-line will always make them a very tough team to beat. It's like a poor man's version of the 90's Cowboys.

My God, if we had that O-line, we would be impossible to stop.

You must not have seen our OL when healthy. At the end of the year when we are healthy we will beat anyone anywhere. DAL ain't ready for this train. Imagine our OL when healthy. Staley Iupati Kilgore/Marcus Martin Boone Davis. We running well right now as is so imagine how we will run when we get guys healthy!
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
That and not real fond of visiting Lambeau in January even though we finally seem to have Green Bay's number.

East: Dallas. Weaker defense.
North: Bears. Weaker defense.
South: Falcons. Weaker defense; Matty Romo is a choker.

Team I'd most want to face in the Super Bowl (realistically): Colts. No D whatsoever.
Somebody que up Jim Mora Sr
NFCE: DAL
NFCW: SF
NFCS: CAR
NFCN: GB

AFCE: NE
AFCW: SD
AFCS: IND
AFCN: BAL

Super Bowl is rematch of SF vs BAL. I want all the strongest teams to win their divisions and for us to play the strongest teams on the way to the chip. I want no excuses and I want to beat the best. We don't need easy match ups. We need to get healthy and we need to be focused on beating the team across from us every venue every week every snap. We can do this!
Even if Bangles
Originally posted by BrianGO:
I don't want to play the Cowboys again. Their O-line is for real. We were kinda lucky to win that game. We can't rely on "fumble 6's" against them next time.

They beat Seattle in Seattle, and had a bunch of turnovers, including a punt block for 6. That is pretty amazing.

The Cowboys alway love about O-Line for since because they can protect at QB and Help to let Murry found the hole to escape it. I remembered it when I read the newspaper sport. I saw Cowboys paid alot for O-Line in 2005.

I wonder why Cowboys love about O-Line cuz they are worth?. Hmm vwry interesting
Share 49ersWebzone