There are 248 users in the forums

Boldin, Crabs, Stevie J and Air Llyod

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Yes he can... its hard for me to say this but are issue in the offence is our boy C. Keap. His progression seams to have stopped two seasons ago and is still living in ran happy mind set. Very few qb master (S. Young ) this and it seems that Keap is missing wide open WR bc hes to quick to run then proper field vision. But in all we still got a good QB. on Collin
Run more hook and ladders, that way the receivers can share and no one haz bad feels.
This isn't a pass happy offense so the numbers just aren't going to be there.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
We have the talent to just have a simple "run n shoot" type of patterns.. I remember when Mouse Davis used to say that Jim Kelly and the Houston Gamblers would only have 2 types of patterns for their 4 wideouts, and just have those 4 wideouts rotate.. as in, like a carousel...

w - (crabb)would always run a skinny post - if QB rolls to the right, then it would be a post, if the roll is to the left, then he'd run a post corner

x - (stevie) often would run a clear route where he'll drag one of the LB (one side of the field) or the FS deep down the middle

y - (boldin) slowest receiver runs the underneath crossing patterns to keep the LBs honest and not able to drop back deep into coverage

z - (Lloyd/patt/Ellington) wild man runs the across the field pattern often following the the roll secondary and break it deep over the middle

VERNON davis would be the perfect sub-in for both stevie and boldin

Houston Gambles used to call this "jack wild"
Originally posted by lamontb:
This isn't a pass happy offense so the numbers just aren't going to be there.

Why put together the stable of WR's we have then and incurr the financial cost?
Kaep hit Stevie for a TD last week. This week he hits Boldin and Crabs!
Originally posted by sf1974:
Kaep hit Stevie for a TD last week. This week he hits Boldin and Crabs!

And Lloyd
Kap has been doing a good job spreading the ball around. I'm liking this WR crew and the chemistry.
Originally posted by Aacadena:
And Lloyd

And Lloyd...
Originally posted by Youngone:
Kap has been doing a good job spreading the ball around. I'm liking this WR crew and the chemistry.

I am liking the unselfish mindset and the focus on winning no matter who gets touches!

Originally posted by Youngone:

Here are the box scores from last night.

A. Boldin 9 7 94 1 28
B. Lloyd. 1 1 80 1 80
S. Johnson 6 5 53 0 20
M. Crabtree 8 3 49 1 32
V. Davis. 6 3 30 0 17

Not too shabby!

Run game box score though...

F. Gore 16 38 0 9
C. Kaepernick 3 37 0 23
C. Hyde. 11 14 0 6
Share 49ersWebzone