There are 189 users in the forums

Carrolls' KISSASS politickin' VS Harbros emotional rage

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BobS:
When are the baseless "The refs and league are against the 49ers" threads and statements going to stop? The first post doesn't hold water, the Seahawks lead the league in penalties and are worst in penalty differential. So I guess Pete "sucking up" (Your words, not mine) doesn't work. On the other hand Harbaugh's 2 year old temper tantrums don't seem to hurt as the 49ers are middle of the road as far as coming up short against the yellow flags. Nothing but a hardcore homer would condone Harbaugh's behavior, I find it embarrassing.

Agree and it has gotten VERY, VERY old.
Embarrassing?? Harbaugh's sideline tantrums are mildly annoying at times. The real embarrassment were the 7 seasons prior to his arrival as HC.
MS was the worst. JH a close second. Likely Walsh got better results with his professional behavior. Worse though are his disrespectful pressers and even CK acts like a moron in them now. JH has been a terrific coach and I fully believe CK was the right choice, but acting like spoiled children is not acceptable.
[ Edited by carlgo on Oct 11, 2014 at 10:20 PM ]
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nflguy49:
Embarrassing?? Harbaugh's sideline tantrums are mildly annoying at times. The real embarrassment were the 7 seasons prior to his arrival as HC.
Not arguing with the results. I am old school and like how Bill Walsh acted, also wish the behavior of the players on the field wasn't as over the top as far as show boating and celebrating as it is now. Recover a fumble on defense that ices the game late go ahead and act like a poor person that hit the lotto, but these guys that celebrate running for a first down when their team is down by 20 need to stop it. For some reason I strongly remember the Orange Bowl for the national championship 20 years ago. Miami was up 10-0 early, playing dominating defense Warren Sapp seemed to be involved in every tackle, sack or QB pressure. In the first half he was flagrantly jumping up and down beating his chest like Tarzan after almost every play, a 300 pound defender doesn't need to waste any energy. Pretty sure his celebrating actually helped run him out of gas, by the fourth quarter he was getting pushed around like a 98 pound weakling and Nebraska game back and won the game plus the national title.
Share 49ersWebzone