There are 179 users in the forums

Just a thought..

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I kno it's only been 5 games and he only plays about 25 snaps a game but Aaron Lynch is a beast and is only going to get better..also Ahmad brooks is not playing like himself maybe bc he was out of shape to begin the yr..he might tear it up like last yr since he's more in shape..but if not and he doesn't play worth what his price is then what..? Next yr do we trade him and have Smith and Lynch as our olbs..I think we could get the most a 3rd for him..get cheaper and younger also..I understand Lynch would need to learn and it would be a lot but if brooks falls off more n more he won't be worth 8 million next yr..just a thought..don't abuse it..
Originally posted by jersey49er:
I kno it's only been 5 games and he only plays about 25 snaps a game but Aaron Lynch is a beast and is only going to get better..also Ahmad brooks is not playing like himself maybe bc he was out of shape to begin the yr..he might tear it up like last yr since he's more in shape..but if not and he doesn't play worth what his price is then what..? Next yr do we trade him and have Smith and Lynch as our olbs..I think we could get the most a 3rd for him..get cheaper and younger also..I understand Lynch would need to learn and it would be a lot but if brooks falls off more n more he won't be worth 8 million next yr..just a thought..don't abuse it..

Brooks would be GREAT trade bait!
  • buck
  • Veteran
existing thread

Originally posted by buck:
existing thread

Where ?
a lot of what you said has some merit to it. he doesnt look like himself, he is scheduled for some good money over the next 2 years and will also be 31 in march. considering all of that, why would you as a gm trade a 3rd or 4th for him? i wouldnt, i'd offer a 6th and wait for you to cut him because aint nobody giving you a 3rd or 4th for brooks considering all the points we just went through.
[ Edited by crabman82 on Oct 10, 2014 at 12:03 PM ]
No !
Originally posted by crabman82:
a lot of what you said has some merit to it. he doesnt look like himself, he is scheduled for some good money over the next 2 years and will also be 31 in march. considering all of that, why would you as a gm trade a 3rd or 4th for him? i wouldnt, i'd offer a 6th and wait for you to cut him because aint nobody giving you a 3rd or 4th for brooks considering all the points we just went through.

I get wat ur saying..but the thing is we got a 6th for parys haralson and a 7th for cam johnson..Ahmad brooks is way better then both..so idk.. But I agree with wat ur saying..
[ Edited by jersey49er on Oct 10, 2014 at 12:12 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone