LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 302 users in the forums

Shootin' Ourselves in the Foot: Week 5

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
^^ Plaxico Burress Style!

I thought he shot himself in the leg.....as a buddy of mine would say to Burress, "yooooou big dummy"

That's what he went to the big house for... Either way, it derailed a pretty good career. He had 3 SB rings I think (1x PIT and 2x NYG).
[ Edited by NinerBuff on Oct 9, 2014 at 9:00 PM ]
Nice job keeping this updated. It's nice we have cut down the penalties and minus Kap's 3 int game we have been pretty good turnover wise.

We are 5th in the league at +5 in the TO margain and that only leaves us 1 behind the top 4 teams (+6)

We are also, 2nd in total defense, 4th in pass, 5th in run.

3rd in run offense, 26th in pass... leaving us as the 16th ranked offense which will do with the 2nd ranked defense.

Man 352 yards per game puts you at 16th, seems like at a point that would be near the top of the league but I suppose with the high flying pass only offenses these days hard to keep up when you run and eat up clock.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Nice job keeping this updated.

This.
Originally posted by DeUh:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Nice job keeping this updated.

This.

Thanks!

On the bye week, I'll show some trends and metadata that should be interesting.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Lol blaming Lee for his punt getting blocked.

I know right
You should keep a tally of BS penalties, because weve had a lot.

Willis has committed 0 penalties this year for example, but was given 2.
You could do sacks avoided by Kap too where the OL got beat and Kap escaped but that would be tough to do. Would really add up probably have 5 a game and would be a lot of judgement calls.

Side note another thing that I like is these past few years we have really cut down the false starts and holds (on offense). We aren't having nearly as many big plays or first downs come back. The occasional false start and hold but for awhile it was like 5 false starts/holds a game on Davis, Iupati... Staley once in awhile. Iupati use to get 1 or 2 holds a game as well and haven't seen that too much anymore. Davis was full of false starts and yeah he hasnt played but even last year he cut down on it big time and didnt have a lot of holds either. So yeah we have got worse at pass blocking and are a little worse at run blocking (although still solid to good) but at least our penalties have improved on the OL these past few years.
you should do blown up plays where kap had to run or throw it away
Share 49ersWebzone