LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

Niners played a clean game, and won.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Baldie:
A part me feels that the redzone issues, or lack of the killer instinct in the redzone, is because Roman doesn't trust Kaep in the redzone. The pass protection already sucks and its magnified even more when your on the 10 and you drop back 5-7 steps. Kaep can't find the open man fast enough and he just doesn't have that touch pass. There was a play where Hyde went out into the flat and defender was behind him and Kaep overthew Hyde. Had he had that touch on it, it would have been a 1st down or more. Even that TD pass to SJ was a fastball. Kaep relys to much on getting the ball there fast than anticipate where the WR is going to be.

its more play calling then Kaep, GRO needs to call the same plays as if VD was in there. Carrier is a threat and can catch
Originally posted by Baldie:
Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:
Isn't this the officiating crew that's been most lenient?

That is what I read prior to the game.

That's what I read as well. I'm sure we'd have seen plenty of that yellow confetti with any other crew. Will see what happens next week.
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Originally posted by NCommand:
I have to be honest...we probably s/h had quite a few calls against us (holding on Kilgore on the big Gore run), shove-off on Johnson, Boldin, etc.

I saw this too. The Stevie Johnson TD (push off), Gore's biggest run (offensive line holding). On the other side I saw their O-Line holding Lynch several times with his pads almost pulled over his helmet with no calls. It just shows how arbitrary NFL officiating is.

Perhaps the word has come down to start calling games the was they had in the past? These first several week have been unwatchable.
What I observed in the first half was that KC couldn't throw deep. The Niners held the ball and tightened up the D in the second half. Thus far this season teams are not going deep against us. This D is getting better and better, Lynch is a difference maker and Brooks is getting into shape.
Originally posted by buck:
Hard to believe facts

Andy Reid's play calling made Roman look like a genius.

I thought just the opposite...I thought KC schemed the hell out of our defense and had them off balance all the first half esp. on 3rd downs...we just made more clutch individual plays (Lloyd, cox, Brooks, Boldin, running game was tremendous, etc.) esp. in the second half (plus we had an all-star FG kicker!
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by notsoempty86:
had we done that week 2 and 3....we would be undefeated right now

without question.

1 big mistake would have lost this game too, but we didnt make it.

KC did....12 men on the field

Better lucky than good some days
"Harbaugh has lost the team, I never remember seeing this many penalties before"
I have to be honest...we probably s/h had quite a few calls against us (holding on Kilgore on the big Gore run), shove-off on Johnson, Boldin, etc.

Yep. Martin was holding on the Stevie TD too. I don't feel bad though. Not after all the BS calls we got in weeks 1-3.

had we not given up our f**king leads we would be undefeated
Originally posted by defenderDX:

All those comebacks came off 3rd down penalties....lots of them.

and our offense had their head up their ass
Originally posted by buck:
Hard to believe facts

Andy Reid's play calling made Roman look like a genius.

I thought just the opposite...I thought KC schemed the hell out of our defense and had them off balance all the first half esp. on 3rd downs...we just made more clutch individual plays (Lloyd, cox, Brooks, Boldin, running game was tremendous, etc.) esp. in the second half (plus we had an all-star FG kicker!

it was simple. 1st half we were keying on their wr's when the rb's and tight ends were the keys to the chiefs offense. and we were giving them so much cushion like alex was going to throw it deep

2nd half we squatted on all of those routes and tightened up the short passing game and that was all she wrote.

we're finally back to making adjustments in the 2nd half that shuts teams down.

long as both sides bring intensity we shouldn't lose.

and our offense had their head up their ass
turnovers lost us the bears game and taking our foot off the gas.

big penalties killed us in the cardinals game and not exploiting their passing weakness.
Share 49ersWebzone