LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 213 users in the forums

Players you're most impressed by so far/ players you're most disappointed by

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Disappointed in Ahmad Brooks??

Brooks sets the edge where ever he lines up, dude is a terror. I've been pretty happy about the play of Brooks so far, could you imagine if the defense was without him too??

Impressed: Frank Gore, Stevie Johnson, Perrish Cox, Ian Williams, Brandon Lloyd, Michael Wilhoite

Disappointed: Alex Boone, Michael Crabtree, Jimmie Ward (I still stand by my decision that Ward was a good pick, but I think he's playing outta position, his forte is at Safety), Colin Kaepernick (I expected way more outta him with all the weapons he has and how the defense has stepped up, his awareness is horrible too)
I would nominate Willis as a slight disappointment. He missed pretty bad on JC's 26 yarder yesterday, for example. He's still as reliable as they come in all phases, but I thought he'd be more of a playmaker this yr with Bo out.
Disappointed: The offense. I know that is vague but I cant pinpoint the main reason. Is it coaching, OL, Kaep. You really dont get a lot of answers but they are very underwhelming and RZ FGs. 3 yesterday
Impressed: Frank, Lynch, Cox, and Carrier

Disappointed: Crabtree, Kap, Culliver

Impressed Post-Game Interview with ability to clown Dione and Dilfer = Boone
Originally posted by teylo31:
Disappointed: The offense. I know that is vague but I cant pinpoint the main reason. Is it coaching, OL, Kaep. You really dont get a lot of answers but they are very underwhelming and RZ FGs. 3 yesterday

No doubt, we're avg'ing 22 pts per game...20th in the league. That's after playing two creampuff defenses to start off the year with Dallas and Chicago.
Impressed: Hyde, Gore, Lynch, Cox, Johnson,

Disappointed: Crabtree, V. Davis, A. Davis, McDonald, Ward, Brock, Patton, Dial...

Have a feeling we will lose games because we have NO pass rush. Manning, Brees, Rivers,
Hello 49er faithful, I just joined this forum after years of posting on the press 49er insider and just can not take the bs from the blogg writer MR. Cohn anymore. Anyway, I am impressed with:

Defense: Lynch, Cox, Willis, Smith
Offense: Mr Gore, Johnson, Lloyd (after his amazing two catches), Hyde and the young TE Carrier
Speical Teams: Dawson (he has been money)

Disapponted:

Defense: Brook, Lemon and Ward
Offense: Crabtree, Martin and the (OL in general in the pass game)
Speical Teams: Ellington (he is still learning and coming along but i expected some big plays from him. I was a Bruce fan since his college days.)

Go NINERS
Originally posted by znk916:

No doubt, we're avg'ing 22 pts per game...20th in the league. That's after playing two creampuff defenses to start off the year with Dallas and Chicago.

This! Our offense is really no different than last year. I think we can rule out the WR and RBs, so that leaves the OL, coaching/scheme, and Kap as the biggest disappointments on offense.

-Some of the playcalls (especially passing plays) just look like terrible design
-Kap is still missing lots of reads (i.e. goalline pass to Crabs when Mcdonald was wide open on the other side) and just does not seem comfortable
-OL is porous and is going to get our QB killed
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
Jimmy Ward
Stevie Johnson
Our offense, all of them, except the running backs have been very pedestrian.

Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Impressed by
  • Carlos Hyde (Runs with anger)
  • Frank Gore (playing like a young Gore)
  • Derek Carrier ( Fast with very good hands)
  • Justin Smith (playing better than last year)
  • Aaron Lynch (Football player. Him and Aldon will be a good duo)
  • Antoine Bethea (Might be an upgrade over Whitner, has been good in run support too)
  • Perrish Cox (He's playing very well, most picks in NFL)

Disappointed by
  • Colin Kapernick ( I expect a lot more out of him, I expect much more progression. Pocket presence, accuracy, touch, consistency, progressions, and reading defenses need to be much improved
  • offensive line (They were actually much better this past game vs the chiefs but still have pass protection issues)
  • Michael Crabtree (This was suppose to be his breakout year, yet seems like he's hurt again and I don't see any explosiveness)
  • Vernon Davis ( just because he's been injured. Want him on the field)
  • Vance Mcdonald ( Carrier is outplaying him. He doesn't really get opportunities though)
  • Marcus Lattimore (I know he has a couple weeks, but until I see him declared active I'm disappointed we've yet to see him)
  • Ahmad Brooks ( no pass rush, looks fatter and slower)
  • Corey Lemonier ( needs to go learn some moves with Aldon, has no moves. Thought he'd be a beast, has been very disappointing)
  • Tank Carradine ( I think he'd be very good for our pass rusher, not given the opportunity though. How do you not know playbook yet?)
  • Culliver ( I thought he could be a lockdown corner before his injury. He looks slower, plays off too much, and always gives up more yards on the sideline)
  • Special Teams ( Too many big punt returns given up. Not breaking down.)

You summed it up for me.

I am the most disappointed by Kap and Brooks. Kap looks like the same player he was last year which is disappointing especially in light of his new weapons. Books is playing poorly compared to what we are used to seeing out of him. Likely a result of him coming in out of shape and unprepared. We really needed him to be a stud right out of the gate.

The guy I just knew was going to come in and suck was Boone. Dude is playing like s**t right now. Blowing obvious assignments every game. Blowing it so big it's easy to see him blowing it. Think he feels even a shred of guilt for playing like such s**t after holding out the way he did? Should have traded him when we had the chance.
[ Edited by WINiner on Oct 6, 2014 at 6:29 PM ]
I don't think kap has been a disappointment at all. You guys are nuts. The 3 pick game was bad, so what.....every QB has games like that.

•justin smith - thought he might take a step back. Really impressed with his domination once again...
•Antoine bethea - great addition to our team. Play maker, smart, great instincts.
•Aaron lunch - the fact that he's even playing and playing well after all the doubt and criticism of the selection...impressive.

Disappointed

• crabtree - thought he'd be more of a focus...I know he got injured in the cards game but just overall
• Vance McDonald - either he's not open, or he's not being seen...injuries have factored, and he has blocked well but not the progression I thought he would make.
Originally posted by znk916:

As far as the offense they are only avg 20.6 pnts per game when you take away the 7 points the defense scored
impressed:

kilgore
steven johnson
carrier
aaron lynch
wilhoite (as of late)
dawson
boldin
gore
lloyd
miller (get this man the ball more often)
Cox

disappointed

lemonade(not worthy of correct spelling)
THE WHOLE DEFENSIVE LINE
anthony davis (constantly injured)
Crabtree
Vernon Davis
kapaernick
vance mcdonald
Iupati (he's been better as of late)
Brooks
Culliver
[ Edited by pdizo916 on Oct 6, 2014 at 9:50 PM ]
Originally posted by DontSitOnTheHood:
How can anyone be disappointed in Patton? He was a fourth rounder.. He has 4 1000 yard receivers ahead of him and a dynamic athlete like Ellington as well.

Yeah Patton has met my expectations, which was zero.
Share 49ersWebzone