LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 259 users in the forums

Players you're most impressed by so far/ players you're most disappointed by

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Chico
  • Veteran
impressed:
Carlos: kids a stud
Brandon Lloyd, Boldin, Justin Smith...older dudes STILL got it!

disappointed:
Crab: Suppose to be a stud but fails to make the big catch (bears, Seahawks) jump like Brandon
O-line - sucks...
run defense...seems soft, weak.
Impressed: Cox, Bethea, Lynch, Hyde, Kilgore (Great game vs KC).

Disappointed: Culliver, Crabtree, Iupati, and Front 7 on D as we get No sacks or much pressure (I am aware of our injuries), play calling and penalties.

We finally avoided the Time Outs wasted and delay of game, and countless holding/PI penalties. Wew can win the low scoring tight games when we can avoid this stuff.

Long season though, and lots of time for guys to step up. Our running game is still what makes this team successful.
Bethea, Johnson and, because I had zero expectations, Lloyd.
Impressed: Lynch,Lupati, Lloyd, Bethany and Cox and Carrier.

Disappointed: Crabtree, Brooks, and Hyde
[ Edited by BuZzB28 on Oct 6, 2014 at 8:33 AM ]
  • TyCore
  • Veteran
Impressed: Carlos Hyde, Perrish Cox, Derrick Carrier, Aaron Lynch, Antoine Bethea, SJ, Lloyd

Disappointed: Culli, entire O-line, Kaep's short game, Brooks
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Impressed by
  • Carlos Hyde (Runs with anger)
  • Frank Gore (playing like a young Gore)
  • Derek Carrier ( Fast with very good hands)
  • Justin Smith (playing better than last year)
  • Aaron Lynch (Football player. Him and Aldon will be a good duo)
  • Antoine Bethea (Might be an upgrade over Whitner, has been good in run support too)
  • Perrish Cox (He's playing very well, most picks in NFL)

Disappointed by
  • Colin Kapernick ( I expect a lot more out of him, I expect much more progression. Pocket presence, accuracy, touch, consistency, progressions, and reading defenses need to be much improved
  • offensive line (They were actually much better this past game vs the chiefs but still have pass protection issues)
  • Michael Crabtree (This was suppose to be his breakout year, yet seems like he's hurt again and I don't see any explosiveness)
  • Vernon Davis ( just because he's been injured. Want him on the field)
  • Vance Mcdonald ( Carrier is outplaying him. He doesn't really get opportunities though)
  • Marcus Lattimore (I know he has a couple weeks, but until I see him declared active I'm disappointed we've yet to see him)
  • Ahmad Brooks ( no pass rush, looks fatter and slower)
  • Corey Lemonier ( needs to go learn some moves with Aldon, has no moves. Thought he'd be a beast, has been very disappointing)
  • Tank Carradine ( I think he'd be very good for our pass rusher, not given the opportunity though. How do you not know playbook yet?)
  • Culliver ( I thought he could be a lockdown corner before his injury. He looks slower, plays off too much, and always gives up more yards on the sideline)
  • Special Teams ( Too many big punt returns given up. Not breaking down.)

Spot on but I'd add Willis and Johnson to impressed list.

I'd add Mcdonald, Williams, Ward, Boone to dissapointed. J Martin is dissapointing but I knew that before season started.
very disappointed in crabtree. Thought he wants to get paid top $$$ go to Dallas next yr for all I care.

Very disappointed in Iupati as well.
Originally posted by facestabber:

I'd add Mcdonald, Williams, Ward, Boone to dissapointed. J Martin is dissapointing but I knew that before season started.

How is J Martin a disappointment? We paid peanuts for him to play reserve tackle and he has had to start and he has done quite well, considering. What else would we have done with a 7th rounder?

Expectations smh.
Originally posted by English:
How is J Martin a disappointment? We paid peanuts for him to play reserve tackle and he has had to start and he has done quite well, considering. What else would we have done with a 7th rounder?

Expectations smh.

Paying peanuts or not for someone is irrelevant when their play is poor. And I should have elaborated but Martin isn't a disappointment because he has always been a dissapointment and my expectations for him were low.

Expectations smh.

Paying peanuts or not for someone is irrelevant when their play is poor. And I should have elaborated but Martin isn't a disappointment because he has always been a dissapointment and my expectations for him were low.

Well, if you weren't expecting much you can't be disappointed! And what we paid is not irrelevant, any more than the draft position is irrelevant. For the cost of a 7th round pick we picked a player who can cover a position we desperately needed covering. Result.

To early
Vance McDonald...is he injured or just went full retard after his rookie year.
Well, if you weren't expecting much you can't be disappointed! And what we paid is not irrelevant, any more than the draft position is irrelevant. For the cost of a 7th round pick we picked a player who can cover a position we desperately needed covering. Result.

In my first post and follow up I alluded to exactly what your first sentence is saying. I mentioned Martins name but I prefaced that with him as a career disappointment. I dont care if they paid the guy 1.99 and a hotdog. He has been a turnstile at tackle and the 7th round compensation is not a valid excuse for his pathetic play.
Good post and some pretty good comments.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Impressed by
  • Carlos Hyde (Runs with anger)
  • Frank Gore (playing like a young Gore)
  • Derek Carrier ( Fast with very good hands)
  • Justin Smith (playing better than last year)
  • Aaron Lynch (Football player. Him and Aldon will be a good duo)
  • Antoine Bethea (Might be an upgrade over Whitner, has been good in run support too)
  • Perrish Cox (He's playing very well, most picks in NFL)

Disappointed by
  • Colin Kapernick ( I expect a lot more out of him, I expect much more progression. Pocket presence, accuracy, touch, consistency, progressions, and reading defenses need to be much improved
  • offensive line (They were actually much better this past game vs the chiefs but still have pass protection issues)
  • Michael Crabtree (This was suppose to be his breakout year, yet seems like he's hurt again and I don't see any explosiveness)
  • Vernon Davis ( just because he's been injured. Want him on the field)
  • Vance Mcdonald ( Carrier is outplaying him. He doesn't really get opportunities though)
  • Marcus Lattimore (I know he has a couple weeks, but until I see him declared active I'm disappointed we've yet to see him)
  • Ahmad Brooks ( no pass rush, looks fatter and slower)
  • Corey Lemonier ( needs to go learn some moves with Aldon, has no moves. Thought he'd be a beast, has been very disappointing)
  • Tank Carradine ( I think he'd be very good for our pass rusher, not given the opportunity though. How do you not know playbook yet?)
  • Culliver ( I thought he could be a lockdown corner before his injury. He looks slower, plays off too much, and always gives up more yards on the sideline)
  • Special Teams ( Too many big punt returns given up. Not breaking down.)

Good to point out McDonald isn't getting reps.

Agree w/your assessments BUT

I'd add Kilgore, Stevie Johnson, and Bruce Miller - he's playing excellent after his injury.

VERY disappointed in Crabs - supposed to be his breakout year - not yet.
I've been impressed that Dawson snapped back after looking kinda shaky earlier.
Share 49ersWebzone