LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 169 users in the forums

Players you're most impressed by so far/ players you're most disappointed by

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Impressed by
  • Carlos Hyde (Runs with anger)
  • Frank Gore (playing like a young Gore)
  • Derek Carrier ( Fast with very good hands)
  • Justin Smith (playing better than last year)
  • Aaron Lynch (Football player. Him and Aldon will be a good duo)
  • Antoine Bethea (Might be an upgrade over Whitner, has been good in run support too)
  • Perrish Cox (He's playing very well, most picks in NFL)

Disappointed by
  • Colin Kapernick ( I expect a lot more out of him, I expect much more progression. Pocket presence, accuracy, touch, consistency, progressions, and reading defenses need to be much improved
  • offensive line (They were actually much better this past game vs the chiefs but still have pass protection issues)
  • Michael Crabtree (This was suppose to be his breakout year, yet seems like he's hurt again and I don't see any explosiveness)
  • Vernon Davis ( just because he's been injured. Want him on the field)
  • Vance Mcdonald ( Carrier is outplaying him. He doesn't really get opportunities though)
  • Marcus Lattimore (I know he has a couple weeks, but until I see him declared active I'm disappointed we've yet to see him)
  • Ahmad Brooks ( no pass rush, looks fatter and slower)
  • Corey Lemonier ( needs to go learn some moves with Aldon, has no moves. Thought he'd be a beast, has been very disappointing)
  • Tank Carradine ( I think he'd be very good for our pass rusher, not given the opportunity though. How do you not know playbook yet?)
  • Culliver ( I thought he could be a lockdown corner before his injury. He looks slower, plays off too much, and always gives up more yards on the sideline)
  • Special Teams ( Too many big punt returns given up. Not breaking down.)
[ Edited by pwillis52beasty on Oct 6, 2014 at 6:34 AM ]
Spot on, I'm impressed how the coaching staff is working Hyde into the action. Hyde's touches are keeping Frank fresh. If Frank's performance slows down Hyde will take over. I don't know what the story with Tank is, injury or attitude? Just put him on the field on third downs and let the chips fall where they may.
Happy/Surprised/Getting better:
Cox, Lynch, Bethea, Carrier, and Kilgore.

Disappointed/Not living up to expectations
OL (as a unit), Crabs, Patton, and Vance

I would put coaching somewhere in between
IMPRESSED BY: Frank Gore, Aaron Lynch, Perrish Cox, Brandon Lloyd, Phil Dawson, Antoine Bethea, Eric Reid.

UNIMPRESSED: Vance McDonald, Crabtree, Patton, OL as a unit, Brooks, Carradine, Lemonier.
Nobody impressed with Stevie Johnson?
My top three are, Aaron Lynch, Aaron Lynch, and Aaron Lynch.
We don't beat the Chiefs without him. He is keeping this team from unraveling. We could easily be 1 - 4 without him.
5th round highway robbery. He is the one player who has vastly exceeded expectations.

Perrish Cox would be the only other player who has vastly exceeded expectations, but not as much as Lynch. Lynch could be the steal of the entire draft.
How can anyone be disappointed in Patton? He was a fourth rounder.. He has 4 1000 yard receivers ahead of him and a dynamic athlete like Ellington as well.
Originally posted by DontSitOnTheHood:
How can anyone be disappointed in Patton? He was a fourth rounder.. He has 4 1000 yard receivers ahead of him and a dynamic athlete like Ellington as well.

Easily. If he was exceptional, one of those four would not be ahead of him.
  • cools
  • Veteran
Thumbs up- Lynch, Cox, Bethea, Gore, Carrier, Stevie Johnson

Thumbs down- Kap

Kap just takes too much time reading the D' and making a throw, no signs of this problem getting solved

This may be the reason OL looks shaky, they have to pass block too long
Impressed by Lynch, Hyde, Cox, & Bethea.

Most disappointed by Boone so far.

Dissapointed in Boone & iupati. THEY have played like POOP. Also Dissappointed in Jimmie Ward also I thought he should be better then he is for a 1st rounder.

Colin Kaepernick is also disappointing me. This is his 3rd season starting and his 2nd Full season (about to be 27 years old) and yet I'm not seeing progression. He's not that accurate and cannot diagnose coverage fast enough.

I'm VERY HAPPY WITH STEVIE JOHNSON, PERRISH COX,AARON LYNCH,ANTOINE BETHEA and of course Justin,Hyde & GORE!!
Originally posted by cools:
Thumbs up- Lynch, Cox, Bethea, Gore, Carrier, Stevie Johnson

Thumbs down- Kap

Kap just takes too much time reading the D' and making a throw, no signs of this problem getting solved

This may be the reason OL looks shaky, they have to pass block too long

Two seconds is too long?
  • thl408
Impressed: Lynch, Cox, Hyde, Bethea, Carrier

Disappointed: Lemon, Iupati, Boone
impressed: Lynch , Cox , J Martin , Lloyd , Wilhoite , Hyde , Carrier, Bethea, S. Johnson, I. Williams

Disappointed : Patton , Lemon , Tank , Ward
Originally posted by DontSitOnTheHood:

This
Share 49ersWebzone