LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 362 users in the forums

Harbaugh Fake Punt in 4th inside his own 30

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I hate to be bringing up Old $hit ...but I was hoping we'd run a fake punt against the Rams ..Paybacks for them burning us with that fake punt and causing us to end the game in a tie
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Fake punts are usually called when they spot a flaw in the return teams "defense". Im sure Harbaugh told his ST unit that if you see them line up a certain way, audible the punt and take it.

Most the time a hc or stc has scenarios in which if all required criteria are met the fake is automatic so there doesnt have to be discussion tipping that there may be something amiss or abnormal to their opponent.

Harbs may be getting credit here for something he had no clue was happening at the time it did.
they do not run that type of a play in that spot of the field unless they know we have the right formation and the chiefs have the right formation to make it work, it has been stated today, the special teams guy called it,, jh agreed to is as long as our players saw what formation the chiefs were in, we saw it, we executed it.. sounds to me like everyone on the same page and everyone having trust in each other,,,, i know that does not fit the narrative that we hate the coach and there is no trust amongst the team but lifes a b***h and then you die
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
I hate to be bringing up Old $hit ...but I was hoping we'd run a fake punt against the Rams ..Paybacks for them burning us with that fake punt and causing us to end the game in a tie

we got burned twice with the thing, that was a low point of the jh regime in my opinion
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Originally posted by znk916:
gutsy call, but its concerning that we needed to pull out a desperation trick play on top of the gift 12 man penalty just to win the game
Not to mention a desperation heave on 3rd down to lloyd. The niners were LUCKY to win this game.

Yes there was definitely an element of luck that led to this win but as the proverb goes, fortune favors the bold and those where some bold calls.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KegBert:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Originally posted by znk916:
gutsy call, but its concerning that we needed to pull out a desperation trick play on top of the gift 12 man penalty just to win the game
Not to mention a desperation heave on 3rd down to lloyd. The niners were LUCKY to win this game.

Yes there was definitely an element of luck that led to this win but as the proverb goes, fortune favors the bold and those where some bold calls.

there is also a saying that we make our own luck. football is like a spayed b***h in heat,,, if you stand still you get screwed,, if you run sometimes you get bit in the ass
Originally posted by cciowa:
there is also a saying that we make our own luck. football is like a spayed b***h in heat,,, if you stand still you get screwed,, if you run sometimes you get bit in the ass

Okay, that's an awesome simile I've never heard before. It sounds like something I might have heard one of the characters from "Deliverance" say. Are you from the back woods?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crake49:

Okay, that's an awesome simile I've never heard before. It sounds like something I might have heard one of the characters from "Deliverance" say. Are you from the back woods?
No I'm from iowa. actually baseball is more like a spayed b***h in heat as compared to football but thats a whole other story for a whole other spayed b***h in heat
Originally posted by KegBert:
You could say it's a fan that wallows in the negative after an important team win but I feel the definition is best conveyed through the use of emoji's. The Smiley on the right is a looser.

Patent that on urban dictionary

No I'm from iowa. actually baseball is more like a spayed b***h in heat as compared to football but thats a whole other story for a whole other spayed b***h in heat

Bottom line is thank you. I love it and I'm going to use it every chance I get until my wife tells me to stop using it.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

Bottom line is thank you. I love it and I'm going to use it every chance I get until my wife tells me to stop using it.

great. then when i come to my first every home niner game in october next year, i can meet you and your wife at the webzone tent and she can beat me up

Took some guts
Funniest thing I heard at the last game:
This dude behind me was being a smart ass and making remarks all game about how nobody understands football and trying to explain rules to everyone. He was talking down a bunch to this one girl the whole time. Then on the 4th down she screamed "GO FOR IT!!!!" He started mouthing off again saying "Go for it?!?!? Are you f-n serious?!?! GOD PEOPLE, it's 4th down at the th-" and he stopped as we got the 1st. Lmao that legit shut him up
Share 49ersWebzone