LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 303 users in the forums

Niner Fans

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Originally posted by crake49:

Charming, aren't they? Just delightful. Here's the thing - let's not pretend your average Niner fan is like these two idiots.

Lol what badasses...

These guys both have rap sheets longer than your arm. Both have been in and out of jail multiple times for violent offenses. One of them has done hard time. Again, let's not pretend these guys are your standard garden-variety football fans.
Originally posted by CMIO:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Are people really this apathetic? Wouldn't you want someone to help you if you got sucker punched by a drunken gangster? Or would you rather have folks record your beat down for YouTube laughs? This is exactly what is wrong with society these days. A bad guy bows up and instead of stomping a mudhole in his ass and walking it dry, guys turn p***y and let the bad guys win. There must've been plenty of men in that restroom to take care of those drunken a*****es, or maybe there just weren't any men in there at all...

Agreed. Hard to believe that someone can pull out their iPhone and record the entire brawl, then point the camera at himself to say "wow" yet the bathroom stall full of "men" just stand around watching.

Shameless to say the least.

I hate that our society has become so narcissistic that our first thought when we witness something like this is to whip out the phone so we can post a video of it.

I'm not going to say that people should have jumped in because I don't know that I would in that situation because so much of what was happening was probably unclear and they were probably shocked. But people who film stuff like that are almost as bad as the people who perpetrate it. No sense of decency.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Channel 5 KPIX...

JJ Stokes and Newberry just made the most uninformed comments on Dennis O'Donnell's show.

When asked about the assault in the bathroom. They acted like it was a "fight" between "fans." Then they said, "You've got to hold yourself to a higher standard... blah blah blah..."

Apparently, the media itself doesn't seem to be informed about what actually happened, even though it was clearly apparent in the video. Seriously, how ignorant can they be? It is supposed to be their job to be informed.

So now they just "meh" the issue away, like it was a "good ole brawl." Pathetic.
This was a complete and total one-way assault, not a "fight." Disgusting how stupidly pathetic the media is.
one way assault ?
'ive only seen the video, but it didnt look like an attack on someone from behind or not knowing what might just happen ?(Looks like dude was smurking at the guy before he got hit ?)

Newb and DD do not have to know the details as this was just another fight, where was the outrage about this at the stick ?

Yes, it was a 100% ONE WAY assault. "Smirking?" Seriously?

The video starts with the big guy throwing a punch at somebody we can't see, then another, that is when the guy suffered near death brain trauma, he was trying to just stand up after than, perhaps that is what you consider "smirking?"

The fact that the media is UNPREPARED to deliver an accurate account to the public is PATHETIC. Newberry and Stokes work for them. The news channel should INFORM THEM what occurred at the event, so they don't make themselves look like fools.

"A good old fight" it was not. It was a 100% assault of a defenseless man who didn't even know what in the FU<K was going on. The fact that the media can't even report it correctly, makes it 10X worse.
Originally posted by trogdor:
Originally posted by CMIO:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Are people really this apathetic? Wouldn't you want someone to help you if you got sucker punched by a drunken gangster? Or would you rather have folks record your beat down for YouTube laughs? This is exactly what is wrong with society these days. A bad guy bows up and instead of stomping a mudhole in his ass and walking it dry, guys turn p***y and let the bad guys win. There must've been plenty of men in that restroom to take care of those drunken a*****es, or maybe there just weren't any men in there at all...

Agreed. Hard to believe that someone can pull out their iPhone and record the entire brawl, then point the camera at himself to say "wow" yet the bathroom stall full of "men" just stand around watching.

Shameless to say the least.

I hate that our society has become so narcissistic that our first thought when we witness something like this is to whip out the phone so we can post a video of it.

I'm not going to say that people should have jumped in because I don't know that I would in that situation because so much of what was happening was probably unclear and they were probably shocked. But people who film stuff like that are almost as bad as the people who perpetrate it. No sense of decency.
Your 100% right if your not going to help the poor guy how is filming it for sh*ts and giggles productive? I am not saying be a hero but come on filming it and then saying wow is so ridiculous,
Originally posted by crake49:
These guys both have rap sheets longer than your arm. Both have been in and out of jail multiple times for violent offenses. One of them has done hard time. Again, let's not pretend these guys are your standard garden-variety football fans.

With all the tech at the new stadium I wonder if the team considered tech to protect the fans and families they want to fill the seats and renew their season tickets.

There should be a quick way to scan each ID card(they all have magnet strips) to check for priors. At certain retail stores they have facial recognition scanners to detect moods, thieves, etc.
Originally posted by trogdor:

Totally agree. Folks need to wake up. That thing the bathroom looked like it happened quick, so I'm not sure what could have been done. I've seen a lot of pretty violent fights, never seen someone fall on their head like that after getting punched. Very sad stuff, kind of ashamed to root for the same as people like this. This is bad karma, Niner fans fighting each other? We are suppose to b brothers. Something to keep in mind though, we should help each other out.
Originally posted by T-9ers:
Totally agree. Folks need to wake up. That thing the bathroom looked like it happened quick, so I'm not sure what could have been done. I've seen a lot of pretty violent fights, never seen someone fall on their head like that after getting punched. Very sad stuff, kind of ashamed to root for the same as people like this. This is bad karma, Niner fans fighting each other? We are suppose to b brothers. Something to keep in mind though, we should help each other out.

Niner fans weren't fighting each other, because it wasn't a "fight." It was a one-way assault. If he beat a woman or child to near death would you call that a "fight?"

Why is it a "fight" when a big guy slams away on someone half his size? The other guy threw no punches. It was a "fight," in the same way Ray Rice "fought" his fiancee. A complete, and total, one-way assault.
Share 49ersWebzone