There are 343 users in the forums

Predicting the remainder of the season based on recent 49er trends

Shop Find 49ers gear online
A little bored so decided to have some fun with some stats....

I'm basing some predictions here based on how we have performed since Harbaugh arrived.

1) Only once swept an AFC division - AFC East in 2012 (the rest we have been 3-1.....AFC North in 2011, AFC South in 2013)
2) Always one loss minimum to designated NFC division - 3 -1 against NFC in 2011, 3-1 against NFC North in 2012, 2-2 against NFC South in 2013
3) Bye performance (before & after) - 2011 win, win; 2012 win (road), tie (home); 2013 win (road), loss (home)
4) Longest win streaks (regular season) - 2011 - 8 games, 2012 - 2 games, 2013 - 8 games
5) Most consecutive losses - 2011 - 1 game, 2012 - 2 games, 2013 - 2 games
6) Consecutive east coast trips - 2011 won both, 2012 lost, won, 2013 lost, won
7) Week 17 - always win
8) Surprise upsets - 2011 @AZ, 2012 @MIN, @STL, 2013 IND, CAR
9) Divisional splits - 2011 (5-1) swept SEA & STL, split AZ; 2012 (3-2-1)split SEA, tie/loss to STL, swept AZ, 2013 (5-1) split SEA, swept STL, swept AZ

So based on that, here are predictions:

@DAL - W
CHI - L
@AZ - L
PHI - W
KC - L *
@STL - W
@DEN - W *
BYE
STL - L
@NO - W
@NYG - W **
WAS - W **
SEA -W
@OAK - W
@SEA - W
SD - W *
AZ - W

Final Record: 12-4

* - AFC West .....pick 1 or 2 losses total here
** - NFC East ..... pick 1 loss here potentially

Just so people don't get bent out of shape, I'm just picking wins/losses to fit the narrative of the Harbaugh era -- not picking us to lose to KC this weekend, although I think it will be a tough game.

We've yet to lose the pre-bye game.

I might skew stats closer to 2012/2013 results than 2011.

Of course you'll notice the BOLD sweep here.

We narrowly missed losing an NFC East game to the Eagles, so it's definitely possible we go 4-0 against them. The Giants game gives me an uneasy feeling more than Skins naturally, but I'd have to imagine this is the year we BLUDGEON them.

And yes, if we're gonna go with the narrative of who is better and worse based on power rankings, we win the rest of the schedule except @Denver and @ Seattle, and one more random game going 12-4.

Just never works that way. For any team. In the NFL.

I've been playing around a bit, and I have the team going 12-4 with an 8 game win streak going into the playoffs.
[ Edited by JTsBiggestFan on Oct 2, 2014 at 3:38 AM ]
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
@DAL - W
CHI - L
@AZ - L
PHI - W
KC - W
@STL - W
@DEN - L
BYE
STL - W
@NO - L
@NYG - W
WAS - W
SEA - L
@OAK - W
@SEA - L
SD - L
AZ - W

9-7, miss the playoffs
@DAL - WCHI - L@AZ - LPHI - WKC - W@STL - W@DEN - W BYESTL - W@NO - W@NYG - LWAS - W SEA -W@OAK - W@SEA - W SD - W AZ - W

13-3! NFCW Division Champs, #1 playoff seed, SB ring #6 baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I predict the 49ers will have a few more ups and downs in the regular season, they will make the playoffs, be peaking at playoff time, and make it to Super Bowl XLIX and win it.
I don't speculate on speculation.
Not bad I think they sweep the Rams and go 1-1 vs the Hawks though
The way were playing now, the Hawks would crush us in both games, as would Denver and the Chargers. Thats 6 losses right there meaning best we could do is 10-6. But tomorrow, next week, next month are totally different stories and anything can happen.

We should get healthier which hopefully leads to more wins.
10-6 and on the outside looking in come January.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
@DAL - W
CHI - L
@AZ - L
PHI - W
KC - W
@STL - W
@DEN - L
BYE
STL - W
@NO - L
@NYG - W
WAS - W
SEA - L
@OAK - W
@SEA - L
SD - L
AZ - W

9-7, miss the playoffs

This
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
A little bored so decided to have some fun with some stats....

I'm basing some predictions here based on how we have performed since Harbaugh arrived.

1) Only once swept an AFC division - AFC East in 2012 (the rest we have been 3-1.....AFC North in 2011, AFC South in 2013)
2) Always one loss minimum to designated NFC division - 3 -1 against NFC in 2011, 3-1 against NFC North in 2012, 2-2 against NFC South in 2013
3) Bye performance (before & after) - 2011 win, win; 2012 win (road), tie (home); 2013 win (road), loss (home)
4) Longest win streaks (regular season) - 2011 - 8 games, 2012 - 2 games, 2013 - 8 games
5) Most consecutive losses - 2011 - 1 game, 2012 - 2 games, 2013 - 2 games
6) Consecutive east coast trips - 2011 won both, 2012 lost, won, 2013 lost, won
7) Week 17 - always win
8) Surprise upsets - 2011 @AZ, 2012 @MIN, @STL, 2013 IND, CAR
9) Divisional splits - 2011 (5-1) swept SEA & STL, split AZ; 2012 (3-2-1)split SEA, tie/loss to STL, swept AZ, 2013 (5-1) split SEA, swept STL, swept AZ

So based on that, here are predictions:

@DAL - W
CHI - L
@AZ - L
PHI - W
KC - L *
@STL - W
@DEN - W *
BYE
STL - L
@NO - W
@NYG - W **
WAS - W **
SEA -W
@OAK - W
@SEA - W
SD - W *
AZ - W

Final Record: 12-4

* - AFC West .....pick 1 or 2 losses total here
** - NFC East ..... pick 1 loss here potentially

Just so people don't get bent out of shape, I'm just picking wins/losses to fit the narrative of the Harbaugh era -- not picking us to lose to KC this weekend, although I think it will be a tough game.

We've yet to lose the pre-bye game.

I might skew stats closer to 2012/2013 results than 2011.

Of course you'll notice the BOLD sweep here.

We narrowly missed losing an NFC East game to the Eagles, so it's definitely possible we go 4-0 against them. The Giants game gives me an uneasy feeling more than Skins naturally, but I'd have to imagine this is the year we BLUDGEON them.

And yes, if we're gonna go with the narrative of who is better and worse based on power rankings, we win the rest of the schedule except @Denver and @ Seattle, and one more random game going 12-4.[/b]

Just never works that way. For any team. In the NFL.

I've been playing around a bit, and I have the team going 12-4 with an 8 game win streak going into the playoffs.

To go 12-4 everything would have to go perfect but I dont see it happening. We are going to lose another fluke game. The losses to thw bears and cardinals arw going to come back and haunt us. I see 10-6. Dont know where that would put us in regards to playoffs because it would have to depend on every other team as well. I also dont like going into the playoffs on and 8 game win streak

@DAL - W
CHI - L
@AZ - L
PHI - W
KC - W
@STL - W
@DEN - L
BYE
STL - W
@NO - L
@NYG - W
WAS - W
SEA - L
@OAK - W
@SEA - L
SD - L
AZ - W

9-7, miss the playoffs

@ NO
vs SEA
@ SEA
vs SD

Split 2-2 and sneak into Playoffs
Denver, SD, and Seattle will be a problem. KC is good but they will get overwhelmed by our defense. We win by a field goal
As always there's a lot of "if's"

Getting Aldon Back will be huge BUT - our D is already playing some pretty good football. So, even though I feel we'll be better - it won't be that big of a difference maker.

Our challenges, IMO, have mostly come from our offensive play and penalties on both sides of the ball.

@DAL - W
CHI - L
@AZ - L
PHI - W

KC - W This will be a much closer game than people think. If our offense plays "Conservative Crap" we Lose! We'll need to generate points and not keep it close.

@STL - W They suck BUT still should not be under-estimated
@DEN - L They are too good in their stadium and can put up LOTS of points. They also have a pretty good D. I don't even think it will be close.

BYE
STL - W They still suck
@NO - L Another team that plays VERY well at home w/their 12th man.
@NYG - W I HATE them more than any other team - Aldon returns and we beat the crap out of them
WAS - W They are better than the Rams - Cousins is playing good football BUT hey don't have enough to beat us.
SEA - L VERY tough game - the way we're playing as of Philly game - we lose. Our last game the D really won it.
@OAK - W When you look up "Suck" in the dictionary, a Raiders logo appears
@SEA - L At this point [10-03-14], we aren't good enough to beat them there. BUT things can change for us
SD - W Our D can hold them BUT my main concern is our offense. I think we'll come out fighting.
AZ - W In our house - we'll overwhelm them

10-6, playoffs still aren't guaranteed
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
I don't speculate on speculation.

Agree, and injuries are always a factor.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
@DAL - W
CHI - L
@AZ - L
PHI - W
KC - W
@STL - W
@DEN - L
BYE
STL - W