LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 224 users in the forums

Niners Goal Line Stand v. Eagles

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Enjoy. Video I shot from iPhone of the goal line stand against the Eagles. First regular season win in Levi's Stadium! (Need to change playback to HD in settings to get decent resolution).

[ Edited by BSofSF on Sep 29, 2014 at 11:24 PM ]
Awesome vid!!!! That was a great goaline stand. Hopefully it represents a turning point for the 2014 season.
Originally posted by Niners816:
Awesome vid!!!! That was a great goaline stand. Hopefully it represents a turning point for the 2014 season.

my hope exactly
  • Disp
  • Veteran
It was a good stand

http://www.sfgate.com/sports/article/49ERS-13-EAGLES-3-Defense-stands-tall-49ers-2822255.php
Nice video. Every time I try to shoot video at the game we always screw up, so I stopped trying a long time ago. Glad it worked out for you. lol
Lynch with the good closing speed...looking forward to seeing this guy play more as he gains more NFL experience.
Reminded me of the goal line stand we had against Philly in 2001 at the Stick. They got a first down off of a penalty, IIRC, and we ended up stopping them on 7 plays inside our 10.
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
Reminded me of the goal line stand we had against Philly in 2001 at the Stick. They got a first down off of a penalty, IIRC, and we ended up stopping them on 7 plays inside our 10.

That was my thoughts exactly. That '01 stand was epic. 2001 was just a fun bounce back year after the two dynasty ending seasons of '99 & '00. That was probably Garcia best season for us and the two headed attack of Hearst and Barlow was special.
Originally posted by Niners816:
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:

That was my thoughts exactly. That '01 stand was epic. 2001 was just a fun bounce back year after the two dynasty ending seasons of '99 & '00. That was probably Garcia best season for us and the two headed attack of Hearst and Barlow was special.

2001 stands out in my mind for that exact reason. Nobody was expecting the 49ers to be able to hang with the Rams and Saints in our division. The defense gelled and the offense was the second best we've had since 1998 imo.

I thought we had a chance at beating Favre and the Pack in Lambeau that year but Garcia threw a critical INT to McKenzie in the WC game.
Stadium seemed loud, too.

Thanks! Excellent video.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
so quiet.
great
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
Lynch with the good closing speed...looking forward to seeing this guy play more as he gains more NFL experience.

Hope he continues to improve. We will need him against KC and Mr. Checkdown.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
so quiet.

It definitely seemed underwhelming. Jed soldout in the design of the stadium.
Share 49ersWebzone