There are 209 users in the forums

gore frustrated *Edit - Signed Extension on 8/30 - 3 years: May no longer be frustrated.*

Shop Find 49ers gear online
As per Adam schefter gore is frustrated with contract negotiations

***EDIT - Gore signed a three year extension for $21M, with $13.5 guaranteed. Deal announced 8/30***
[ Edited by NineFourNiner on Aug 31, 2011 at 9:04 AM ]
Give him a contract he deserves it he proved he can still play at an elite level and money is t a problem
After Hunter's game last night, I'm sure he is really frustrated.
We should just re-sign him to the same contract Fitzgerald signed...sounds fair.

But really, he's one of only two we drafted (other is Willis) that I want to retire as a Niner. I don't know what the hold up is, but Gore could play at a high level for another 2-3 years. Hunter or whomever may take over after that, but for now, Gore is crucial to our power running game + an asset in the WCO passing game, too. Re-signing him is a priority before the season starts! Make it happen TB and PM!
[ Edited by mcbaes72 on Aug 21, 2011 at 11:44 AM ]
With hunter playin like a G, the niners FO hold all the cards with negotiations
[ Edited by asu49ers on Aug 21, 2011 at 11:44 AM ]
3-4 Year 25-30 Mill 15-20 Guaranteed

Wait until halfway through the season to see how healthy he is
Get it done!
  • mod
  • Veteran
Frank Gore deserves more respect... one pre-season game doesnt end contract negotiations, he broke his hip playing for us for gods sake.
Originally posted by sf49ersx11:
3-4 Year 25-30 Mill 15-20 Guaranteed

wouldnt mind that as long as that guranteed money is front loaded considering they have the cap space

Originally posted by asu49ers:
This. Would give a decent one or two year deal and see if he can stay healthy by getting more breathers during the games
i'm not worried. he'll be frustrated until he gets the contract, I'm sure, but Gore's a team guy, this won't be a problem.
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by asu49ers:
This. Would give a decent one or two year deal and see if he can stay healthy by getting more breathers during the games

glen cofee had a better performance against the raiders preseason week 2 anthony dixon also led all RB in preseason

gore has consistently played at an elite level during regular season
He's 28 with a history of injuries, including a serious hip injury last season (who breaks their hip when they are 27?), so it will be hard to give Gore the money he wants. Though I like Gore and his elite abilities, RB's are a dime a dozen.
Link? and if it's true, is it surprising to hear, especially after all of the rave Kendall Hunter has been getting throughout camp and preseason? Running backs come a dime a dozen and Kendall Hunter has a long way to go, but his natural skill set is OBVIOUS when watching him run and that blitz pick up he had yesterday was one of a veteran running back, very solid.

I love Frank and would love to get a deal done ASAP but the reality is, he does miss games every season (hasn't played 16 games since 2006) and just like Frank, Kendall was also a 1st-2nd Round talent but teams had question marks about his durability. Kendall, and even Dixon, WILL get some of Gore's carries this season and we all know how Frank feels about coming out of a game but I can bet my house, Coach Jim couldn't care less about a players feelings regarding that topic, it's about what is best for the TEAM and getting those young backs the rock in certain situations, will indeed help this team.
Share 49ersWebzone