LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 267 users in the forums

So happy we got the win, but adjustments needed ASAP

Shop Find 49ers gear online
What. A. Game.

We cant rely on our D to play at that level consistantly (especially with all the injuries). IMO the following changes need to be made yesterday

1) The most obvious is POUND THE ROCK. I understand with injuries we had to get away with that, but as shown today we can still excel and wear teams out. Looney needs more time, I'd argue that he should replace Boone but now that Staley and AD are injured, Boone will kick out to LT.

2) Play more press- our safeties are good enough to help the back end if our corners play up more. Im tired of seeing these 5-10 yard cushions waiting for QBs to drop back and hit us with 7 yard curl routes. Culliver cannot play the deep ball to save his life so at least let him do something hes good at which is bumping. When Brock returns hopefully our corner play improves.

3) Get Aaron Lynch on the field- this dude always seems to be around the ball. I know Fangio likes to play guys who know the scheme well, but there is something to be said about this kids instincts.

4) WTF happened to the zone reads? Did we totally abandon it? It needs to be sprinkled in to keep the D on their toes as far as defending the edge. It just seems like we get a ton of pressure up the middle because we have no perimeter threat.

5) MORE ROLLOUTS, seriously I dont think we have run a single rollout off of power run action the whole year. That used to be our bread and butter and Kap is excellent at it.

6) FIX THE SPECIAL TEAMS- If we have to bring back ventrone, then do it. There is no excuse for how our special teams has been preforming. None.

7) Colin, for the love of god, please check the play clock

2-2 baby
8) Get rid of the jumbo package.
Originally posted by CityKing415:

This. Too many playmakers for this crap to be out there
Insert that typical fan who says a win is a win just enjoy it. Glad many are starting to come around to the fact that a win isnt always just a win and we have a ton of work to do.

I'll add to your list... more blitzes especially in those long stretches our 3 man rush is getting no pressure which is most of the time. I'm not a big heavy blitz guy and am fine with the bend dont break mottobut there are times we need to do it and we don't. We continue to have a 3 man rush and get picked apart

And yeah part of me wonders what a lineup of Staley, Iupati, Kilgore, Looney, Boone would look like if Davis is out longer. Also, part of me wonders what Staley, Davis, Kilgore, Looney, Boone would look like too but will never happen. I think Boone's best days as a guard are behind him and he's probably a better tackle. I kind of wonder if Davis who has improved a lot since his first years of struggling at RT would be an elite LG or RG. Of course at 40 mil not sure and how many years in we wouldn't move him anyways
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 28, 2014 at 5:41 PM ]
Our offensive line is excellent when we come out and run and then get into pass blocking. this is true every game. once they smash someone in the mouth they pass protect

clean that up

run the same type of runs for hyde as we do gore. we don't do that we need to. hyde is always given the short end of the running stick and we wonder why he can't produce. give him real carries.

we need ellington in the game to stretch the field. every single team we play stays within 15 yards cause they know that's exactly where we want to go and it's always exactly where we go.

so either fully spread the defense or take some deep shots so that intermediate can open up

defense we can depend on them to play like this. scheme is right they play right. key was letting lynch rush with brooks. instead of others. lynch and brooks was great today and will be going forward, that's the move to make.

also get boone out of the interior. cause he was just allowing so much pressure that looney came in and cleaned up. it was night and day.
  • CMIO
Pound the rock.
Let Kap set up playaction pass.
Don't give Kap the ability to audible.

Go back to basics.
Originally posted by CMIO:
Pound the rock.
Let Kap set up playaction pass.
Don't give Kap the ability to audible.

Go back to basics.

he can audible. get the play called in on time. and give 2 good options instead of sometimes picking the least work option on a play.
Adjustments?

What are those?

we cant run without jumbo package
Originally posted by ads_2006:

we cant run without jumbo package
We cant run with the Jumbo package.

Originally posted by Gore_21:
Insert that typical fan who says a win is a win just enjoy it. Glad many are starting to come around to the fact that a win isnt always just a win and we have a ton of work to do.

I'll add to your list... more blitzes especially in those long stretches our 3 man rush is getting no pressure which is most of the time. I'm not a big heavy blitz guy and am fine with the bend dont break mottobut there are times we need to do it and we don't. We continue to have a 3 man rush and get picked apart

And yeah part of me wonders what a lineup of Staley, Iupati, Kilgore, Looney, Boone would look like if Davis is out longer. Also, part of me wonders what Staley, Davis, Kilgore, Looney, Boone would look like too but will never happen. I think Boone's best days as a guard are behind him and he's probably a better tackle. I kind of wonder if Davis who has improved a lot since his first years of struggling at RT would be an elite LG or RG. Of course at 40 mil not sure and how many years in we wouldn't move him anyways

For starter, you'd have TWO G's who can pull and pull very well. That single one move could set us up the rest of the year in both our running game AND PA passing game.
Iupati and Boone absolutely Played Like kindergartners today. They must really pick up there game or nobody can do SQUAT.

Also, Don't the 49ers have a DAM quck pass play in the whole playbook??? Every pass play seems like such a struggle.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Iupati and Boone absolutely Played Like kindergartners today. They must really pick up there game or nobody can do SQUAT.

Also, Don't the 49ers have a DAM quck pass play in the whole playbook??? Every pass play seems like such a struggle.
just double slants. unfortunately

but they called a bogus call pick play today like denver doesn't do it every down

and our trips formation always opens up the underneath routes like the one kap missed
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:

Every pass...1 receiver...20 yards down the field. All...or...nothing! Even the TD to Gore was really a 5 yard pass but it had to be thrown 20 yards just to get to him! LOL
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Offense NEEDS to figure out what it wants to be. We should've run the ball way more than we did but it seems we're trying to force the passing game. The offense is out of rhythm big time and can't ever seem to put more than 3 plays together without a penalty or negative play of some sort. Our offense should be the most balanced in the league but play callers dont seem to have a feel for when to run and when to pass. Its frustrating.

We got away with one today and could've easily lost this game. The offense still relies on the D bailing it out. If the defense gives up 7 points today we lose. That's not good.
Share 49ersWebzone