LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 241 users in the forums

Let's be real honest... How many years has it been since p Willis has been elite?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • rtj03
  • Veteran
I love the guy but he's lived off his reputation that he earned early in his career. I thought since bowman out he might make plays again but he really doesn't. He's not terrible but certainly not an elite LB anymore.
I really thought he was going to have an outstanding year and be a game changer and he just isnt. Idk the whole team is upside down so maybe he just is part of this teams sh/!&y start to the season
He's spending too much time in coverage trying to keep up with TEs and RBs which no LB can do consistently. He got overrated a few years ago and he isn't the playmaker he use to be. Part of it is age, part of it is the position he is playing. Not to mention he use to have to do it all now he has help. He's 29 so what do you guys expect; he's not 25 anymore.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fly15:

Why? The topic is valid. Lock yourself out.
the topic is absolutely not valid because, as your film analysts stated for several times, Willis is still elite. Thus, there is no reason for a discussion.

If you want a discussion, show us SEVERAL plays where Willis performed terrible.
Originally posted by communist:
the topic is absolutely not valid because, as your film analysts stated for several times, Willis is still elite. Thus, there is no reason for a discussion.

If you want a discussion, show us SEVERAL plays where Willis performed terrible.

This, lol. He's still on PFF's top 3 LBs lol. That is the definition of elite. GTFO
please lock this absurd thread.
Oh please, just because he isnt producing turnovers doesnt mean he isnt elite anymore. He has been the frank gore on defense. Pristine consistency.
What is wrong with some of you guys? It's like some people try to tear down every player. Every player must be great each and every game or else they're useless. Pretty sad and pathetic. Patrick Willis is an all world player. Can't believe people are tearing him down.

Interesting, defense played lights out and some guy is opening up a thread on a defensive player, and then it is Willis.
Hahhahhahba dissect some film and come back after you can find some examples. I guess it's been too long dice we had a s**t MLB that people are taking the best in the league for granted.
He had a higher PFF score than Bowman and Kuechly last season.
What the hell is the point of a thread like this after a win. If there is one player peeps should just hush about it's P-52.
what? dudes a beast, always the first to get there and blow the play up, everyone else just gets his scraps
Share 49ersWebzone