LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 240 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. ST. LOUIS RAMS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 6)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Please post all your pregame and game day happenings here. ALL reactions and observations from the game go here. However, if you have something like an end of quarter analysis thread you would like to post go ahead and make it it's own thread. Please make sure someone didn't beat you to it before you post it. All threads that are posted out of the game day thread will be deleted and the user may be warned. In the cases where it is appropriate to merge threads (like if an injury happens and everyone reports it at the same time) we will do so.

If you want a more interactive experience please check the live chat: http://49erswebzone.com/chat.shtml

Where: St. Louis, MO
When: Monday, October 13, 2014; 5:30 PM (PST)

Hope I'm not usurping any mods powers here, feel free to edit as needed.

Onward to Week 6, 49ers are now 3-2, hopefully to make it 4-2 but the Rams aren't pushovers, they nearly came back versus Philly today and Austin Davis has looked quite capable at quarterback. On the other hand, they have a very anemic pass rush and their defense has not been playing up to par at all. Looks like another good week to pound the ball with Gore and Hyde.
Austin Davis and a wild rollout followed by a brilliant throw.

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/C9694EA98F1130612490024214528_21e116e7cf4.5.1.4919980901556438516.mp4?versionId=XdLvv4QtV8wtEq82hsrj2EF7OFQ0eb73
4-2, not guaranteeing but I have faith, go niners
4-2
4-2 should be 6-0
Rams fans are savaging their coaches pretty good.

http://www.clanram.com/forums/f11/ive-come-alarming-conclusion-55754/

The Rams are poorly coached. I firmly believe that, and for a guy who really likes Jeff Fisher, I find it painful to acknowledge. This team looked more prepared and innovative two years ago, when we were running fake punts from our own 20 and taking the hated Whiners to OT twice. Now, they spend too much of the game looking like the proverbial deer in the headlights and failing to learn from their mistakes. I knew going in what kind of coach Fisher was. A battler. Someone who would bring attitude to the Rams. A guy whose teams would compete even if undermanned. But I see the Rams regressing three years into his tenure.

All week I joined in a spirited discussion on this board about penalties. And today, many of my points were driven home. Ten more infractions. I challenge anyone on this forum who watched today's game to show me those penalties were unfair or ridiculous. Illegal Contact in the secondary. Blocks in the back on special teams. False starts. While players need to shoulder some responsibility, this is once again a reflection of Jeff Fisher, who apparently must tell his guys "listen, get away with as much as you can all game in the hopes that officials only call us on it 10-12 times". I mean, when is it finally time to stress sound fundamental football and limit mistakes?

Gregg Williams is a joke. Despite his defensive pedigree and past productivity at other places, he looks like a complete fool with what his defense has provided us thus far. Larry Marmie could give us what Gregg Williams has given us 5 weeks into the season.

Schottenheimer isn't the world's worst OC as some would have us believe, but he isn't part of the solution either. Bland. Uninteresting. An inability to incorporate talent or use one's skill set (Austin) to the fullest. We hired a guy who was part of a bad offense in NY and hoped he have an epiphany in St. Louis. Brilliant.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
We will score
Vernon and Anthony Davis better play
Don't over look the Rams, they hate us enough to make them play better

Should be a close game as usual

They have a horrific run defense. We need to give them a steady dose of Gore and Hyde.
Originally posted by Byisgod:
They have a horrific run defense. We need to give them a steady dose of Gore and Hyde.

Would be awesome if both guys went over 100
The Rams have 1..........yes 1 sack on the entire season thus far.

St Louis is averaging 4.2 yards per carry.

Opponents are averaging 4.9 yards per carry.

Rams haven't given up a lot of passing yards but have been beaten on the ground pretty good.

This sounds like a job for.........

Rams - 38
49ers - 5
Division game so it will be close... Niners win 24-20
Share 49ersWebzone