LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 196 users in the forums

8 & 8 and wondering..

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
What do you guys expect to see happening if or we end up having an 8 & 8 season?

Do we clean house?

Do we resign Harbaugh and allow him to have some say on the pickin the players?

Do we resign Harbaugh and force him to change his staff?
I'm wondering how long it takes for this thread to get locked,..
  • thl408
Fire Jed.
It's actually a fair question. Ever see a video of two rams fighting? That's pretty much what it will look like at the end of the season. It's all about control. Harbaugh will want to regain control and keep things status quo. Baalke will also want control and he'll demand Jim Harbaugh 2.0 or else he's gone IMHO.

What do I mean by Jim Harbaugh 2.0? It means Roman is gone and the new offensive coordinator (complete with new OL and WR coaches) will need to be Baalke approved.

Boom there it is. Not overly complicated. It has nothing to do with money. If everybody agrees and Jim Harbaugh 2.0 is accomplished then Jimmy gets paid at an amount that will make him happy.

That said, it's imperative that management have Plan B in place in case Harbaugh bolts. We cannot have a knee jerk reaction and hire a Mike Singletary, Mike Nolan or Dennis Erickson again.
[ Edited by pete98146 on Sep 26, 2014 at 10:20 AM ]
Originally posted by pete98146:
It's actually a fair question.
. . .
That said, it's imperative that management have Plan B in place in case Harbaugh bolts. We cannot have a knee jerk reaction and hire a Mike Singletary, Mike Nolan or Dennis Erickson again.

Baalke is not McCloughan. I hope.
  • thl408
Why don't we bump this thread if the team is 8-7 or 7-8? I guess OP is ready for the offseason. I'll shut up.
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
Baalke is not McCloughan. I hope.

I don't think he is. Being head coach of the Niners is a pretty darned nice gig. I'm confident we'd be able to find a quality coach.
Originally posted by 9moon:
What do you guys expect to see happening if or we end up having an 8 & 8 season?

Do we clean house?

None of the above.
A 8-8 season would make Jim's record 44-19-1. Guys that are 25 games over .500 in 4 seasons have job security.
Originally posted by Niners816:
A 8-8 season would make Jim's record 44-19-1. Guys that are 25 games over .500 in 4 seasons have job security.

Exactly. Thank you!

Originally posted by crake49:
Originally posted by 9moon:

Do we clean house?

None of the above.

Yep.

Not when your team was generally considered one of the best in the NFL, were pegged to win the Super Bowl three years in a row, and the core of your team is aging, closing the window on your chances of winning...
Originally posted by crake49:

Exactly. Thank you!

Currently there are two guys in the HISTORY of the nfl with a better winning % than Jim's. Guy chamberlain in the 20s and john madden. Even an 8-8 season keeps him in the top 10 all time. I get it though its all the perfect roster baalke has given him.
Originally posted by DavidWGibson:

Not when your team was generally considered one of the best in the NFL, were pegged to win the Super Bowl three years in a row, and the core of your team is aging, closing the window on your chances of winning...

Cool story, bro!
Originally posted by DavidWGibson:

Nope....not in million years, would he be fired with an 8-8 year. Again, this roster arguement is so subjective. We have had gaping holes at WR and a very average secondary in a passing league.

Coaches DO NOT get fired with a 70% winning pct. FIVE coaches in the history of the league have a winning % of 70%
[ Edited by Niners816 on Sep 26, 2014 at 10:55 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone