LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 335 users in the forums

What Happened To The Faithful

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by T-9ers:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Seattle is a gimmick offense, based on extended plays and TE crosses. Willson is not a pocket QB and needs PA,Bootleg or a designed scramble to Pass

I think this is what the modern qb position has evolved into though.
its not the modern QB, its a good coach that knows what he has and how to use him
Yes, out of necessity. Almost every team in the league is getting their QB into some kind of waggle, roll out, read option, etc You have to because the d lineman are so big and fast. Not sure why a reasonable football fan just can't admit Wilson is championship worthy QB.
I'm about as passionate and faithful as it gets for the 49ers.

Gotta say though, I'm exhausted. I put A LOT of energy into this team, so when they lose, it really takes the wind out of my sails.

I still read the 49er news every day, and I still read the boards every day, and I still defend our team when idiots don't know what they're talking about.

But for me personally, I'm a young fan... and the loser 49ers I grew up with were a lot different than the champions people got to witness through the 80's and early 90's when I was a toddler.

When you FINALLY have a superbowl contender for the first time in your life, and they blow it the way they do... and now they look terrible again... It really... really... sucks.

Safe to say, I'm pretty demoralized. And unless I see some quality football, I doubt I'll get much of my intensity back until we start winning.
[ Edited by Kronos2560 on Sep 26, 2014 at 12:51 AM ]
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by verb1der:
I'm not a fire Roman guy, never have been. Not because I always agree with the play calls or concepts, it's just I really don't know enough about football to say this coach or that coach sucks. We're not picking up blitzes, receivers releasing downfield untouched, dumbass penalties you know are going to get called, our most impacctul defender is sitting 9 games for selfish s**t. All this stuff is on the players. You can't say these guys can't coach when we sucked before they got here, and then the sudden these guys don't know what they're doing. Bunch of bs , these guys need to play smarter,play like professionals.

You don't have to be a football expert to compare our team to the Seahawks who have a far less talented offensive roster than us, and they have found their offensive identity, know how to play the chess game, and have won a championship. WITH PRETTY MUCH NO NAMERS AT WR!!!!!!!!!

We need help, please. Fire this POS Greg Roman. Now.
I don't agree that Seattle's offense is less talented, it's pretty close to me . They have the 2nd best back in the game in Lynch, they got Percy who has that pure speed I think we lack , I would rate Wilson over Kap. Top to bottom I would say we have more talent, but they have some great players at the top.

Actually they have a lot of "no name" guys, on both sides of the ball. Who was Richard Sherman before ? A 5th rounder. Who was Kam Chancellor ? Another 5th rounder. Look at their WRs, Doug Baldwin, undrfated, Jermaine Kearse, undrafted, Ricardo Lockette, undrafted, Luke Willson, 5th rounder and so forth. Is as much their culture as well as their systems. Those guys play with a chip on their shoulders, they all believe they have talent and they think they have been wronged by the outsiders, so is up to them to showcase their ability whenever their numbers are called, is an "us against them" mentality. Then, you add on their systems and everything just clicks.

I, for one am just baffled how the heck can they make it work with all these "no name" WRs ? Heck, we even had one of them and we couldn't make it work with Ricardo Lockette, the dude has already scored 2 TDs in 3 games. Jermaine Kearse is another guy I have been keeping my eyes on last season, the kid is good, like Lockette he is also very effective with the deep routes. Obviously, there is something very wrong with the way we design our systems. Mind you, having Russell Wilson doesn't hurt neither. Don't ask me what is wrong with our systems cos I don't quite know, may be we should give Darrell Bevell a call. LOL. Bottomline, "no name" guys doesn't mean they are not talented, is up to the coaching staff to bring out the very best in each and everyone of them to see what they got.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Got to keep the faith. Still a long season to go.
I've been faithful , through the Erickson, Nolan, and Singletary dark ages. I'm proud of what we've been able to overcome. I do think harbs/baalke need to humble themselves and get back to doing what they did in 2011. Manufacture wins. Do what it takes. No more b.s
The Problem with the faithful, is that it went from Faithful to Bandwagon.

Its just what happens when our team becomes great again.

The point of the faithful were the fans that still stuck it out even when we were terrible.

That's how we could tell there was faithful. so it's hard to use the word faithful now since we're a contender and our fans have expanded.

Real Talk!
Also,

I been supporting my 49ers hard since 2004 and it's only gotten stronger each year, and that was really there all time low.

I grew up a Niners fan, but really didn't have this much love for them until I sat down and watched the 2002 Wild Card game against the Giants.

I've been on this site since 2004 or 2005, Best Forum site out there.

Wins at that point were so appreciated that you really didn't want the week to end after a win.

Just to see the group of guys that have come and gone on this team, it's crazy to see how stacked our roster is now.

We used to have nothing, our best player was Andy Lee at some point.

We deserve a NFL title, and I believe we will get one soon!
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by verb1der:
I'm not a fire Roman guy, never have been. Not because I always agree with the play calls or concepts, it's just I really don't know enough about football to say this coach or that coach sucks. We're not picking up blitzes, receivers releasing downfield untouched, dumbass penalties you know are going to get called, our most impacctul defender is sitting 9 games for selfish s**t. All this stuff is on the players. You can't say these guys can't coach when we sucked before they got here, and then the sudden these guys don't know what they're doing. Bunch of bs , these guys need to play smarter,play like professionals.

You don't have to be a football expert to compare our team to the Seahawks who have a far less talented offensive roster than us, and they have found their offensive identity, know how to play the chess game, and have won a championship. WITH PRETTY MUCH NO NAMERS AT WR!!!!!!!!!

We need help, please. Fire this POS Greg Roman. Now.
I don't agree that Seattle's offense is less talented, it's pretty close to me . They have the 2nd best back in the game in Lynch, they got Percy who has that pure speed I think we lack , I would rate Wilson over Kap. Top to bottom I would say we have more talent, but they have some great players at the top.

Actually they have a lot of "no name" guys, on both sides of the ball. Who was Richard Sherman before ? A 5th rounder. Who was Kam Chancellor ? Another 5th rounder. Look at their WRs, Doug Baldwin, undrfated, Jermaine Kearse, undrafted, Ricardo Lockette, undrafted, Luke Willson, 5th rounder and so forth. Is as much their culture as well as their systems. Those guys play with a chip on their shoulders, they all believe they have talent and they think they have been wronged by the outsiders, so is up to them to showcase their ability whenever their numbers are called, is an "us against them" mentality. Then, you add on their systems and everything just clicks.

I, for one am just baffled how the heck can they make it work with all these "no name" WRs ? Heck, we even had one of them and we couldn't make it work with Ricardo Lockette, the dude has already scored 2 TDs in 3 games. Jermaine Kearse is another guy I have been keeping my eyes on last season, the kid is good, like Lockette he is also very effective with the deep routes. Obviously, there is something very wrong with the way we design our systems. Mind you, having Russell Wilson doesn't hurt neither. Don't ask me what is wrong with our systems cos I don't quite know, may be we should give Darrell Bevell a call. LOL. Bottomline, "no name" guys doesn't mean they are not talented, is up to the coaching staff to bring out the very best in each and everyone of them to see what they got.

I forgot about Baldwin, that guy is quick. Probably quicker and more twitchy than anything we got at receiver. Lockette and Richardson , two more speed guys along with Harvin one of the fastest. The gap between is close was my point and Roman, well if we continue be at the bottom of the league inpassing then maybe we should finbd someone else, but I have a feeling it ain't justRoman and the organisation knows this.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Still here. Just laying back in the weeds watching all the bandwagon nuts overreact and want to start firing people left and right. In 2012 these same people were pissed and wanted Roman fired and the 49ers to open up the offense. Spread it out and go 5 wide etc etc. Now they do because they have the personnel to do it and they are pissed about losing. IMO because of the injuries and crappy Oline and Dline play they need to slow the game down by running the ball more. Like they did in 2011. I am starting to think that Hyde needs to start because he has more burst than Gore. I hope Lattimore will be on the field after the 6th week.
After watching the Giants dismantle the Redskins the 49er prospects point upward. If the Eagles are to compete they have to play some smash mouth football and control the clock. This game sets up for the Niners, time to go on a winning streak.

Crazy thing is this team is good enough to win 5,6,7 games straight, and it can possibly start this week against the Eagles!! Everyone would forget about the 2 game losing streak just like last season. It will be interesting to see if Haurbs can turn this thing around. We have more personel issues considering injuries than last season, and it looks like Fangio and Roman are off to rocky start, probably their worst. This team has the talent to win 7-8 of their next 10 games before we get some stars back, heres to Harbaugh getting it done and being FAITHFUL!
We been through worse .....Just wait til things start coming together ... its obvious our team is struggling ...but this is a marriage ..theres rough patches and good patches ...and we are in the midst of a "lets get our s**t together" moment right now ...it might take a little bit of time to get the kinks out , but the W's will come , with THIS team ...and when #99 and #53 come back ..we'll re-group and F*CK s**t up ...and in reality we need the eagles to get back on track, just like when cowboy saved us in philly 3 years ago ....we got this on sunday
Share 49ersWebzone