LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 331 users in the forums

Eric Reid has been dissapointing as hell

Shop Find 49ers gear online
He's a decent player but there is nothing special about this guy.. He commits way too many back breaking illegal contact fouls and seems to always be out of position. I'm still pissed about his blown assignment during Lynch's big run in last years NFCCG that turned the game.. I don't see the fire in this guy. He killed us vs Zona yesterday also. He's soft if you ask me.

"1. Illegal Contact, 5 yard penalty, Automatic First Down
- Comment: Killer penalty as it wipes out a Justin Smith sack on 3rd and 10. Arizona would have been out of FG range as well. Hard to tell if the penalty was even needed, because the pressure on Stanton was heavy.

2. Personal Foul, Face Mask: Half the Distance, Automatic First Down
- Comment: Arizona picks up the 1st down on the play before the face mask. And they don't score a TD, so it was inconsequential."
Disagree. He's a very good young player. It's been a bad 2 weeks for everybody.

It's Overreaction Monday, so I get the frustration.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Sep 22, 2014 at 3:14 PM ]
Plus the severe lack of pass rush is doing the secondary as a whole no favors
Thanks for quoting my thread, but I couldn't disagree more. Reid is already a probowler and will continue to be. He had a bad series, that's it!
a pass rush would make a few in our secondary look like all-pros
disagree. he replaced dashon goldson. what had goldson accomplished by the 3rd game of his second season? the answer is not much if anything.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Wait wait wait.....

Are you telling me that a player on the 49ers appears to lack coaching and understanding of where to be on a specific play???
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Meh. Our entire defense looks like s**t. Its designed by fangio to work like a machine but we have too many of the most important parts missing. Without a pass rush our secondary will continue to look like trash. We could blitz, but our secondary isn't good at covering unless the blitz gets there immediately. If the blitz is picked up the opposing offense will complete the pass or get a flag.

For right now we have an average at best defense. We're gonna give up at least 20-24 a game and its not all Reid's fault. We just got a lot of bad luck and no pass rush.
[ Edited by Antix on Sep 22, 2014 at 3:17 PM ]
Potato post of the day
When the Refs call flags for Wrs running into our DBs and calling illegal contact on the 49ers ...you really cant do anything except take in the ass

Reid misses Whitner, I can tell.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
When the Refs call flags for Wrs running into our DBs and calling illegal contact on the 49ers ...you really cant do anything except take in the ass

Pretty much this. I know the 49ers have enough talent to win games, but I'm afraid this is one battle we can't win. When calls like this are made, the integrity of the game is compromised.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Pretty much this. I know the 49ers have enough talent to win games, but I'm afraid this is one battle we can't win. When calls like this are made, the integrity of the game is compromised.
i know damn well all other DBs are not playing perfect...thats why Q is pissed
You guys at missing it. There is no pass rush so our DBs look like crap. That's it. Stanton and cutler could have made a sandwich in the pocket.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Personally, i think that the illegal touching penalty is such BS... it doesn't make any sense.. and here are my reasons:

1) Every team in the NFL looks for that shut down corner via draft or free agent

2) Every team in the NFL pays millions of dollars once a CB is tagged of being a shut down corner.

3) The same freakin teams in the NFL, or their very own representative create a freakin rules re "illegal touching"

4) The same competition comittee are the ones who should not allow this rule

How can you then have a freakin shut down corner if he's not allow to touch??

we may as play zone coverage 100% of the time, and find a player like Ronde Barber, who I call the best zone covering CB ever to play this game since LeRoy Irvin..
Share 49ersWebzone