LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 313 users in the forums

Why the college game is better suited for Jim Harbaugh

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
If we take Baalke over Harbaugh this franchise will regret it for 10+ years.

Um that's actually what I think is going to happen.

People saying Harbaugh is not going anywhere, when in actuality it might be our FO that does not bring him back.

Imo, it has more to do with Harbs sticking with Roman. (And maybe that's how Harbs gets to leave without looking bad )

I've always been against stubborn coaches. (John Harbaugh has shown he is willing to do anything to win, fired his OC mid season)

But I've been against Nolan, Sing, and any coach willing to hold the team back from reaching their potential based of stubbornness.

Yes, Harbs has won here like no coach in a long long time...but how many times have we wondered why do we still have the same issues every year?

Have we reached our potential? Can we not get any better? Or are we being held back with the talent on this team...and does that piss off the FO.

You know, I would have NO problem with Roman sticking around if he just lost his gameday play calling duties.

At least start there and see.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
If we take Baalke over Harbaugh this franchise will regret it for 10+ years.

Um that's actually what I think is going to happen.

People saying Harbaugh is not going anywhere, when in actuality it might be our FO that does not bring him back.

Imo, it has more to do with Harbs sticking with Roman. (And maybe that's how Harbs gets to leave without looking bad )

I've always been against stubborn coaches. (John Harbaugh has shown he is willing to do anything to win, fired his OC mid season)

But I've been against Nolan, Sing, and any coach willing to hold the team back from reaching their potential based of stubbornness.

Yes, Harbs has won here like no coach in a long long time...but how many times have we wondered why do we still have the same issues every year?

Have we reached our potential? Can we not get any better? Or are we being held back with the talent on this team...and does that piss off the FO.

You know, I would have NO problem with Roman sticking around if he just lost his gameday play calling duties.

At least start there and see.

Good post.
Originally posted by Jcool:
.735 wining percentage in the NFL. With a .625 playoff win percentage. Time to lock this up.

HAHA. 2 NFC Championship games, and a Super Bowl....
Originally posted by 9erReign:
He has moved on to bigger and better things. What is bigger and better than the NFL and 49ers franchise?
Originally posted by sf_nicoya:
you just described the CURRENT Superbowl champions....

Ah but there is one big difference!!! The Hawks under Bevell have a much more polished offensive scheme and they are able to pull this off with a less than stellar offensive line. Yes much of the success can be attributed to Russell Wilson and his uncanny ability to stay alive in the pocket but let's give Bevell some credit. When the Hawks need to get away from the run game they can and do. I watched the end of the Hawks vs. Broncos game and the announcers were saying that Bill Walsh would be proud of the Hawks.

Bevell is able to draw up X's and O's and formulate a passing attack that augments their running game. We struggle in this area even tho we have a much better corp or receivers. It's like Roman is throwing spaghetti against the wall to see how many noodles stick. His offensive scheming is haphazard and unorganized.

Again, we had MONTHS to prepare for this because we KNEW our defense would not be as good as last years. But I don't see the results.
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:

Sure I'll give you that. But I'll counter with Harbaugh inherited a top 3 defense. Harbaugh did a great job of UNIFYING the team and he's done well. But now that our defense has taken a step back, does he and his staff have what it takes to bring our offense to the next level?

I have my doubts as does top management.
Want fun and productive football? Four easy steps:

1. Pay a billion dollars to hire Payton Manning as combo OC and QB coach.

2. Hire back Singletarry as "Player Control Coach". Players caught taunting, head-butting and other easily avoided infractions would have to wrestle him naked on his Hill of Doom thing that he had.

3. Hire whoever is considered the King of Blitzes for DC.

4. Whoever is the HC would be contractually prohibited from interfering in any way with these other coaches. His job would be to conduct himself in a professional manner.
This is a horrible thread
Harbs has done more in the NFL than he did at Stanford

Originally posted by Quest4six:

How many Superbowls has Jim won?! Any decent coach could have taken the Jim's roster (of the last 3 seasons) and get us into the playoffs.

We are basically the Buffalo Bills of the 90s, and Andy Reid's Eagles teams. Pretty good but never the best.
Originally posted by verb1der:

How many Superbowls has Jim won?! Any decent coach could have taken the Jim's roster (of the last 3 seasons) and get us into the playoffs.

We are basically the Buffalo Bills of the 90s, and Andy Reid's Eagles teams. Pretty good but never the best.

Your argument imploded on itself.
Trivia time, who is the only NFL head coach to make 3 straight NFC champ game appearances in his first three seasons?

Harbs has a winning percentage of over .700 in the reg season and over .600 in the playoffs

I'm done with this forums fair weather fans, absolutely horrible.

If any of you truly think that Harbs needs to go I invite you to reminisce about the Singletary days.
Amazes me how crappy this forum can be when we lose two games, we did the same thing last year and Harbs fixed that real quick.
I remember a poster claiming that it was really hard to keep being a niner fan, wtf kind of garbage is that. Pretty similar to the OP if you ask me.
Originally posted by pete98146:
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:

Sure I'll give you that. But I'll counter with Harbaugh inherited a top 3 defense. Harbaugh did a great job of UNIFYING the team and he's done well. But now that our defense has taken a step back, does he and his staff have what it takes to bring our offense to the next level?

I have my doubts as does top management.

Harbaugh inherited a top-three defense?

Link?

• MarkD
  • Veteran
Jesus... the Zone should have an IQ test to be able to get an account.
[ Edited by MarkD on Sep 22, 2014 at 2:15 PM ]
Your argument imploded on itself.
Trivia time, who is the only NFL head coach to make 3 straight NFC champ game appearances in his first three seasons?

Harbs has a winning percentage of over .700 in the reg season and over .600 in the playoffs

I'm done with this forums fair weather fans, absolutely horrible.

If any of you truly think that Harbs needs to go I invite you to reminisce about the Singletary days.
Amazes me how crappy this forum can be when we lose two games, we did the same thing last year and Harbs fixed that real quick.
I remember a poster claiming that it was really hard to keep being a niner fan, wtf kind of garbage is that. Pretty similar to the OP if you ask me.

I love how people keep saying that Harbaugh inherited a "stacked" team but fail to mention that this stacked team hadn't made the playoffs in the decade prior to his arrival.
The only way I see JH leaving is if Trent fires Roman and/or Fangio.

If that happened I feel JH would resign - I'm probably wrong but I can't see him leaving any other way.
Beat the Eagles and watch how the threads change.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Beat the Eagles and watch how the threads change.

This
Share 49ersWebzone