There are 280 users in the forums

Most disappointing thing....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Baldie:
Wait....they serve alcohol at games?

You're one cheeky c^&t mate I swear.
Originally posted by CWin4949:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
9ers have been classy guys from 2004-2010, the best the classy guys could do was 8-8, bad boys 0f 2011 to present are 37-13.....just saying.

I agree though, the 49ers stood for class and even dominated with it, blame Roger Goodell he brings out the worst in you.

Actually the best Classy guys could do was 5 Super Bowls and Division dominance for almost 20 consecutive years...

Yes Charles Haley and Bill Romanowski were some of the classiest people from that era.
more importantly, did we win or what?
Boldin needs to let his play do the talking...there were a couple of crappy calls, but you can't blame the loss on just that. He and the other vets need to set the example, and so far, they're falling short. They need to police the locker room and insure everyone's on board with cutting out the stupid plays. They should be 3-0, but because of just dumb plays and lack of discipline, they're 1-2. Unacceptable. Time to rise up and show everyone what they're made of.
Originally posted by saj4423:
Yes Charles Haley and Bill Romanowski were some of the classiest people from that era.

Actually, Romanowski was a doucebag when he left, never as a Niner and Haley was NEVER anywhere near the face of the franchise.

Is love to hear to say this BS to Eddie DeBartolo and get his reaction....
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/parking-lot/179687-thread-aka-sfw-post-whore-amp-wolves/page11/

Where has our Class as an organization gone....???

I can handle the losing, but all the off the field police blog, the arrest's the players not being professional and the head coach acting like a kicking and screaming 4 year old every play....

It's just disappointing that losing has brought out these antics....

At least back when we lost every week, there was still integrity and class left at the end of the day, now we have to sit through the losses and all the antics that have come with them....

We need to bring back the Class that the franchise was built on, whether we're winning or losing....

Class...give me a break, these guys ain't doing anything all that different than they did in the 80s and 90s, it's just that back then there was no TMZ, social media, and everyone on earth walking around with a video-enabled phone. Not saying I want to root for a team with a bunch of rapists, murderers, and kiddie-touchers on it, but "class" is about the last thing I care about...I'll take some "antics" along with a healthy dose of winning.

Lol.....WOW....

I'd like to hear Jerry Rice and players like Bryant Youngs take on that....

Man....

I'm sure you would...I on the other hand couldn't care less what their opinion is, whether it's on Ray McDonald or anything else. They were great players during a great 49ers era. But that's it. I'm someone who used to WORSHIP Joe Montana, lugged his 'Golden Great' poster to every duty station I served, and then through things I learned about him from media and first/second-hand knowledge, I came to see how much of a red-a** that dude is.

The point is, yeah great football players, but still just people. I don't genuflect for them and treat every word out of their mouth as some golden nugget of truth and wisdom, I can make up my own mind and form my own opinions. And on my list of things to worry about, whether the 49ers are perceived as "classy" doesn't even register.
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/parking-lot/179687-thread-aka-sfw-post-whore-amp-wolves/page11/

Where has our Class as an organization gone....???

I can handle the losing, but all the off the field police blog, the arrest's the players not being professional and the head coach acting like a kicking and screaming 4 year old every play....

It's just disappointing that losing has brought out these antics....

At least back when we lost every week, there was still integrity and class left at the end of the day, now we have to sit through the losses and all the antics that have come with them....

We need to bring back the Class that the franchise was built on, whether we're winning or losing....

Class...give me a break, these guys ain't doing anything all that different than they did in the 80s and 90s, it's just that back then there was no TMZ, social media, and everyone on earth walking around with a video-enabled phone. Not saying I want to root for a team with a bunch of rapists, murderers, and kiddie-touchers on it, but "class" is about the last thing I care about...I'll take some "antics" along with a healthy dose of winning.

Lol.....WOW....

I'd like to hear Jerry Rice and players like Bryant Youngs take on that....

Man....

I'm sure you would...I on the other hand couldn't care less what their opinion is, whether it's on Ray McDonald or anything else. They were great players during a great 49ers era. But that's it. I'm someone who used to WORSHIP Joe Montana, lugged his 'Golden Great' poster to every duty station I served, and then through things I learned about him from media and first/second-hand knowledge, I came to see how much of a red-a** that dude is.

The point is, yeah great football players, but still just people. I don't genuflect for them and treat every word out of their mouth as some golden nugget of truth and wisdom, I can make up my own mind and form my own opinions. And on my list of things to worry about, whether the 49ers are perceived as "classy" doesn't even register.

Hmmm, I guess unless every example or display is specifically mentioned or illustrated, some people just can't understand...

No one is talking about taking anyone's "word" as gospel or "golden nuggets"...

That's being over dramatic and needs to stay in the Friday night Rocky Horror Picture Show theaters....

A person that carries themselves with class doesn't need to be rewarded or recognized as such, they just are because it's in their DNA, it's not coached or taught....

If you're disgusted with someone when you see them in public, it doesn't mean you need to announce to the room how repulsed and disgusted you are.... You can simply walk the room and handle your business and not interact with them.....

If you possess class you might even tell that person how nice their shirt is and walk away...

I guess class may be defined differently to everyone, but when you see a person or group with it, it's not refutable or mistaken...

The same is true with classless people as well....
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by cciowa:
9ers have been classy guys from 2004-2010, the best the classy guys could do was 8-8, bad boys 0f 2011 to present are 37-13.....just saying.

I agree though, the 49ers stood for class and even dominated with it, blame Roger Goodell he brings out the worst in you.
b******t,,, then you rise above it,, blaming a nfl commish because you are the most undisciplined team in the nfl is more pathetic that the pathetic excuse for the second half of the last two games this team has played....... it used to be we brought out the worse in other teams,, now we just do it to ourselves

Goodell is that you??
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:

b******t,,, then you rise above it,, blaming a nfl commish because you are the most undisciplined team in the nfl is more pathetic that the pathetic excuse for the second half of the last two games this team has played....... it used to be we brought out the worse in other teams,, now we just do it to ourselves

Goodell is that you??
i actually want him gone and have condi step in
The likes of Haley Romanowski etc were fortunate to play before this 24 hour news and social media era. Otherwise the reputation of the team in that era would be somewhat tarnished.

Originally posted by English:
The likes of Haley Romanowski etc were fortunate to play before this 24 hour news and social media era. Otherwise the reputation of the team in that era would be somewhat tarnished.

You're not kidding. Those late 70s / early 80s Niner teams LOVED to party, and who can remember the white powdery substance that was a "party favorite" back then? There were plenty of rumors about it, but again no 24/7 info overload we have now so it just remained as wild stories. But then a few years back, a buddy of mine was neighbors with a guy who was a TE on those teams, got to know him a bit and he said half the team (including himself and some VERY famous teammates) were "partying"...a lot.

My wife's best friend growing up moved up to Tahoe in the late-80s and ended up becoming a stripper, and in the late-80s/early-90s every summer she would head to Rocklin because she was one of the "official" team party girls during TC, and some people might not find it too "classy" on the part of a couple very well-known and very married players that they routinely hooked up with her.

I've talked with Brent Jones on a few occasions, including at his house (in his awesome man cave, btw), and he also talks about some of the stuff that used to go on that they could never get away with today.

I've got another friend, was a Giants farmhand, and his dad played for the A's for 10+ years from mid-70s to mid-80s...he grew up in Danville where a lot of players and former players live, and their family was good friends with a couple 49ers players back then, he said he heard lots of stories about hookers, coke, guys getting pulled over drunk off their a** but back in the day when cops would let you go with a warning or even drive you home.

Another good friend of ours, his dad was one of the old-time 49ers from the 60s, got to know him pretty well and he still lived in the Bay Area so he stayed connected with the team over the years, attending functions, going to games, etc. He said same thing as Jones, there were a lot of things that went on with the 80s teams that just didn't get into the media like it would today. He did love Eddie D, said it was always first-class whenever he'd go to a game...VIP parking, hang out for a bit in the locker room, then him and his guests would go up to a suite. But then they p***ed him off just a few years back on a reunion day, they weren't allowing spouses or guests up in the suite so he left and didn't go to another game after that. And speaking of Eddie D, he's admitted his mistake and I'm grateful for what he did for this franchise, but nothing says "class" like bribing a sitting governor with a briefcase full of cash.

Anyway, back to pretending those teams were idyllic and "beyond reproach".
[ Edited by DelCed2486 on Sep 23, 2014 at 12:07 PM ]
Originally posted by English:

tarnished? no way, the LAST NAKED WARRIOR would be a fricking legend amongst legends and instant hall of famer

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2008/08/charles-haley-would-like-you-to-watch-him-masturbate.html

Damn TMZ.
  • Disp
  • Veteran

Actually, Romanowski was a doucebag when he left, never as a Niner and Haley was NEVER anywhere near the face of the franchise.

And ray McDonald, Chris Culliver, and Ahmad Brooks are the faces of the franchise? No, the faces of the franchise are Gore, Willis, Bowman, Justin, and Kaep. All upstanding players on and off the field.
Originally posted by Disp:

And ray McDonald, Chris Culliver, and Ahmad Brooks are the faces of the franchise? No, the faces of the franchise are Gore, Willis, Bowman, Justin, and Kaep. All upstanding players on and off the field.

and i dont see any of them as the undisciplined type but Willis has accounted for a few penalties, along with Justin, and Kap.
Share 49ersWebzone