LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 422 users in the forums

IT'S NOT JUST ROMAN..

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
.. it's the whole coaching staff!!!!

our Defense got toyed around by a 2nd stringer, a 2nd stringer who has not played much ...

our freakin future safeties in (Reid & Ward), both first rounders doesn't seem to know what the heck is going on..

our new safety (Bethea) doesn't have any idea how to read a simple post and a simple skinny post..

If Justin Smith at this age, is the best DL we have, then we are in trouble...
[ Edited by TheRickestRick on Sep 22, 2014 at 9:55 AM ]
I agree to an extent. Yesterday was by far the worst game i have seen Reid play. He is the last safety valve and a # of times he was caught flat footed. Ward i'll give him somewhat of the benefit of the doubt since he's a rookie, but it does sure seem like he's out of position a lot.

defiantly the lack of pass rush is an issue.

Our DB's have looked awful for the most part minus Cox & Culliver. Except Cully straight up lost his cool yesterday which hurt us.

Martin is a backup & plays like one. Right now I would rather have Looney back in because Boone can't pickup a blitz to save his life this yr. Maybe that's because he's not in football shape mentally yet.

But I have to put some blame on Roman. He seems to go away from a good thing.
Agreed, it's not just Roman...starts with Harbaugh and festers throughout. It's just that the offensive issues have been the same for 3+ years now, so, at this point, we have more than enough evidence to shake things up and get rid of this God-awful offensive philosophy before we throw our entire season in the tank with THE best roster in football.
Offensive line is terrible. Martin is terrible. Iupati is still injured, you can see it. Culliver either isn't good, or if my suspicions are correct, hasn't fully recovered from ACL injury(2yrs to fully recover.

Still no true deep threat WR.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Right now, the coaches need to really sit down and decide what team they would like from here on down..

We can't be a pretty team w/a Five Wide Set one week just to prove that Kap belongs to the elite, or a Power House Grindger the next week..

Sit down, and see what we have.. if Gore, Boone, Looney, Martin needs to sit, then sit them down..

If Culliver will continue to lose his cool, then sit him down.. If any of the starting DBs can not adjust to the new "no touch" rule, then sit them down!!!

Don't freakin stand there and look agitated each time we commit a dumb penalty, if they can't follow the rules, sit them down!! Heck, we gonna end up losin the game anyways, I may as well put in the players that will play w/ dignaty..

Whatever happened to the best player will play type of attitude????
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
the body language of jh after the last two games indicates he either does not know what to do or does not care. we have always said that if there are guys who do not want to be on the team any more, then dump em and f**k em... that logic can be equally applied to the coaches in my opinion, including the head of the rattlesnake which has been defanged in the last two games
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9moon:
Right now, the coaches need to really sit down and decide what team they would like from here on down..

We can't be a pretty team w/a Five Wide Set one week just to prove that Kap belongs to the elite, or a Power House Grindger the next week..

Sit down, and see what we have.. if Gore, Boone, Looney, Martin needs to sit, then sit them down..

If Culliver will continue to lose his cool, then sit him down.. If any of the starting DBs can not adjust to the new "no touch" rule, then sit them down!!!

Don't freakin stand there and look agitated each time we commit a dumb penalty, if they can't follow the rules, sit them down!! Heck, we gonna end up losin the game anyways, I may as well put in the players that will play w/ dignaty..

Whatever happened to the best player will play type of attitude????
set boldin and cully down in my opinion,, if the coaches act like they do not want to be here ship them out as well
Originally posted by NCommand:
Agreed, it's not just Roman...starts with Harbaugh and festers throughout. It's just that the offensive issues have been the same for 3+ years now, so, at this point, we have more than enough evidence to shake things up and get rid of this God-awful offensive philosophy before we throw our entire season in the tank with THE best roster in football.

Good call!

It's time for Trent to step in and lay the law down starting w/JH.

JH has to stop the infantile tantrums on the sideline - that's where the lack of disciple starts and all the players see it. The guy has to lead by example.

Fangio is also part of the problem. Any semblance of a pass rush would help our secondary from getting torched. We have guys riding the pine who can provide that, Tank & Dial. The guys he has in there Dobbs & Ray Mac aren't getting it done. And neither is Vic.

Our Oline is a mess. Iupati has regressed and Martin is not getting it done. Boone's lack of camp is showing. The only 2 guys worth a damn are Staley & Kilgore.

I know it's early in the season and we'll win more games and probably end up in the playoffs BUT those wins will only mask deeper issues.

If we don't make it into the playoffs heads will roll.

Coaching AGAIN! We have a guy, Looney, who played very well - get him back in there.

our Defense got toyed around by a 2nd stringer, a 2nd stringer who has not played much ...

our freakin future safeties in (Reid & Ward), both first rounders doesn't seem to know what the heck is going on..

our new safety (Bethea) doesn't have any idea how to read a simple post and a simple skinny post..

Believe it or not we really miss Donte Hitner. I think he had a lot to do with Reids season last year. As for jimmy ward, maybe Balkee shouldn't have taken a third round player with his first round pick

Originally posted by NinerFanInNewEngland:

Believe it or not we really miss Donte Hitner. I think he had a lot to do with Reids season last year. As for jimmy ward, maybe Balkee shouldn't have taken a third round player with his first round pick

man whitner would've been burned too yesterday. we do not miss whitner's pass coverage that's for sure
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Maybe, just maybe, it would be wiser to use a freakin nikel back and let Ward play FS when the opponent goes Four Wide??

or, why not just play 3 deep w/a cover 3 coverage..
  • Jiks

The Cowboy is still top 5 Dl regardless of what team he is on.
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Sep 22, 2014 at 12:51 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone