LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 243 users in the forums

So can we talk realistically now?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I hate to say, "I told you so," but...

The injuries and suspensions have obviously hurt us, and our secondary matches how they look on paper: underwhelming. See, the thing is, our backups have never really been that great, and we've been relying on the defense put together by previous regimes. And our offense isn't keeping pace. Just like I said would happen. And we could have very easily have been 0-3 at this point, and we could very well be 1-5 through the first six weeks. Arizona is better than everyone thought, and destroyed us with a backup QB, Seattle is still doing it's thing, even the Rams put on a good showing against the Cowboys today, with a backup QB. And I was harassed when I said the Niners would finish third in the division.

BUT! Hyde is a beast and we're not going to lose our running game. And, I'm going to assume our defense issues will definitely be addressed next year. Which is why I have us winning the Superbowl at home next year. So chillax... Everything will be just fine.
[ Edited by DavidWGibson on Sep 21, 2014 at 7:30 PM ]
I wish I could be as optimistic as you are....
Didn't read your post, but our pass rush is the problem.. K bye.
Originally posted by DontSitOnTheHood:

That's it? Ha...it is across the board, pick any facet of the game and 49ers suck at it in the 2nd half.
you sound silly
we dominated every 1st half this season. that is what this team could be and should be doing.
arizona's backup is better than their starter.
we were missing several people as well and dominated them
we just don't do it in the 2nd half because we're never trying to kill teams
just win gracefully
and that graceful s**t is giving us LOSES
The fall of Harbaugh's regime has begun, whether you like it or not. Time to think about who else is out there. David Shaw?! Brian Billick?! Shanahan?! Gruden?!
Originally posted by verb1der:
The fall of Harbaugh's regime has begun, whether you like it or not. Time to think about who else is out there. David Shaw?! Brian Billick?! Shanahan?! Gruden?!

I think we'd hit up the college ranks again. Maybe Ault. There's just too much going on in college nowadays to stick with NFL coaches.
We winning the super bowl this year. If you don't believe you're not a real fan
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
you sound silly
we dominated every 1st half this season. that is what this team could be and should be doing.
arizona's backup is better than their starter.
we were missing several people as well and dominated them
we just don't do it in the 2nd half because we're never trying to kill teams
just win gracefully
and that graceful s**t is giving us LOSES

And what has happened? When we needed to move the ball and finish drives in the second half, we can't. Our offense can't keep up. Our offense has always been dictated by our defense holding the opponent to a low score... if our defense can't hold them, and we can't score more points, we lose...
[ Edited by DavidWGibson on Sep 21, 2014 at 7:37 PM ]

Bevelle would be an excellent fit

Originally posted by DavidWGibson:
BUT! Hyde is a beast and we're not going to lose our running game.

lol our run game is one of the worst in the league, I don't think there is any run game which gets shut down as hard as ours does on the road
Originally posted by DontSitOnTheHood:

meh...that can actually be fixed when aldon and bowman come back.

the main issue is with our offensive philosophy
Originally posted by linkboy:

what we need is a chip kelly type coach
Originally posted by znk916:
BUT! Hyde is a beast and we're not going to lose our running game.

lol our run game is one of the worst in the league, I don't think there is any run game which gets shut down as hard as ours does on the road

we're 13th...
Originally posted by linkboy:

I'd take him! But what are the chances he jumps ship to a division rival?! Probably slim to none.

I think we'd hit up the college ranks again. Maybe Ault. There's just too much going on in college nowadays to stick with NFL coaches.

No not another read option coach, no thanks!
Share 49ersWebzone