There are 156 users in the forums

What is wrong with the 49ers?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I am getting real sick of the way this team is playing the last two games.

The penalties are outrageous and have been a main reason for their defeat these last two weeks. Without the Cook penalty the 49ers may have gotten back the ball in decent field position with lots of time remaining. At least they would have had a chance.

The problem here is the defense. Kap had a 103+ QB rating today, but the defense gave up numerous big passing plays (and one huge running play at the end of the game). We have no pass rush! What happened to our "talented backups"?

At this point I will be surprised if we win even one more game before the bye week.

I am disgusted!
No discipline is the first thing and the second is the same that was mentioned last week. There is no killer instinct in this team. Its going to be a long season. POOR decision from top to bottom of this organization this year. VERY POOR!
We can't score in the 2nd half.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
When all the offense has to do is kneel on first and second down and wait for the flag on third you're gonna lose games.

And f**k what ya heard..the refs got it out for us. I've seen plenty of s**t called on us that haven't been called on other teams.
Offense that's not consistent .......QB that makes bad decisions......players that can't be disciplined ......coaching staff that doesn't learn from their mistakes.....players suspend and hurt.....
Coaching.

It is not lack of talent. We are elite in terms of talent. There is nothing a GM or anyone else can do to upgrade the roster.

The offensive coordinator should have been fired after he cost us the super bowl.

Penalties have made us go from first to worst. No discipline.

Lack of pass rush? Yes, but not because of talent. Aldon Smith was keeping it real. No discipline. Tank Carradine? Why isn't he playing?

We are not losing because we are getting outplayed. We are losing because we are getting out coached and penalized. Thats on the coaches.
That they didn't conform and bench McDonald.
The mental toll that losing the Super Bowl and last years NFC Championship wears you thin. Adding insult to injury you have Jim Harbaugh as a lame duck coach. Both show their ugly heads.
  • TyCore
  • Veteran
Swiss cheese o-line.

Discipline.

Hobbled defense.

Predictable offense.
Offence in the second half.
The O line can not pass block that well.
The Penalties I think have a bunch to do with the coaching.

Time for a "players only" meeting.. sorry, inside joke. Everytime the Packers suck they just have a players only meeting and suddenly they get it together. It also coincides with the refs stepping in and helping them the way the 49ers opponents are being helped.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
i'll tell you what, did you watch kirk cousins play? he's got mediocre physicals but that's a qb. he has instincts and sees things how a qb should. kaep doesn't do that but part-time.
Honeymoon is over
Agreed..there was lot's of passion with a new coach in 2011. Magic happened. They believed in themselves and the high that generated and the emotion of the coach drove them to the championship game three times in three years. Teams can only maintain that intensity for so long and then the downside comes....This may be what we are seeing...
Originally posted by pete98146:
The mental toll that losing the Super Bowl and last years NFC Championship wears you thin. Adding insult to injury you have Jim Harbaugh as a lame duck coach. Both show their ugly heads.
1. Penalties. You cannot win if you keep giving the team the ball and field position with dumb penalties. Boldin, Culliver fkn stupid penalties. Willis was probably unlucky but still, they know the refs are going to crack down hard. f**kING WELL ADJUST!

2. Coaching/Play calling. If I never see the read option again I would not give a flying f**k! Roman just fkn loses it at crucial times. Fangio isn't much better IMO. Blitzing at the worng time. No Pass rush... WTF IS CARRADINE ON THE BENCH! If theres one thing he can do it's PASS RUSH!

3. Harbaugh is the man responsible for everything. That's why he's head coach. He needs to lift his game. I know he wants to be a players coach but tough f**king s**t! You have tough calls to make and they need to be done. NOW. Also, clock control is BAD.
Share 49ersWebzone