LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 164 users in the forums

The Sky is Falling!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
We suck this year. No heart. OLine and dline sucks
Originally posted by Paulhofer:
Niners are an undisciplined mess , the refs suck ass and we just play right into their hands.

Agree
This years team does suck. We're falling apart on so many levels!
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
I'll bring this thread back up when we make the playoffs

you'll be waiting a while
Agreed, NO DISCIPLINE at all. 3rd and a mile, we will find a way to blow it and keep the other teams drive alive. Wow, I can't believe how things have turned on us so fast.
It makes me sick to watch niner games. Are time is up.
Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for barrymartin.
Duplicate....see below post
[ Edited by barrymartin on Sep 21, 2014 at 4:32 PM ]
  • CMIO
Gonna need a lot of help to make the playoffs. Put it this way, in order to get to 12-4, we need to win 2/3 against NO, SEA, DENVER and win out the rest of our games.

Thats 12-4 which may NOT win the division and force our hand to go on the road again all 3 games to get to the SB.

I don't think it'll work, boys. The sky is indeed falling.
I remember this thread last year when we were 1-2 too. It sucks but the season is far from over.
Im not one to ever make knee jerk reactions but this season is over. Too many things going on.

• Rascal
  • Veteran
Regression time folks. Our run is finally over, it was good while it lasted. Had a few close chances in the past 3 years.

Looks like we will have to start from a clean slate.
I have been feeling that since the beginning of the preseason. We built high expectations and never quite got there. Then we lost a lot of players to injury this year. Things run in cycles. The story of the NFL is that those excessive expectations must be released. Some players and coaches will have to go. New blood will have to be brought into starting positions. We may have to go through a difficult season or two and recharge, without the burden of Superbowl or Bust wearing on everyone.

I am personally celebrating all that we did the last three years and looking forward to seeing how this team evolves through the hardships that may be coming. Most of all I'm hoping that Harbaugh matures through this and goes to a new level. He pushed this team hard with Rah Rah, emotion. That's only a short term strategy and when it fails there can be a big deflation and crash. We may be watching that in process.

There's another way... Look at Belichek. Always even, but always has a playoff caliber team, and they don't have to go to a Superbowl every year to celebrate the year they had and feel good about themselves. They know if they keep doing it right every year there will be ups and downs as part of the natural cycles of life and on some of the ups they will wind up in the Big One.

Realize this might seem a bit negative and premature for many on the Zone...and it may be..and still this is my sense of things now.....
Originally posted by tjd808185:
I remember this thread last year when we were 1-2 too. It sucks but the season is far from over.

While I agree with this, its hard to be positive when we are making the same mistakes game after game and you get the feeling that our players and their coaches don't care.
8-8 football at it's finest!
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
While I agree with this, its hard to be positive when we are making the same mistakes game after game and you get the feeling that our players and their coaches don't care.

Harbaugh doesn't want to be here....
Share 49ersWebzone