LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 421 users in the forums

Why the 49ers will NEVER win another SB as long as Goodell is commissioner

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Today, there is an article on ESPN's Outside the Lines detailing accounts of the Ray Rice scandal. But in a much broader sense it paints a very clear picture of how Goodell runs the NFL. The article describes that there are a handful of owners that Goodell is extremely close friends with (It is implied that he is closer with these owners than the other owners in the NFL). There is also some evidence and allegations that Goodell has done special favors for these owners, including burning the Spygate Tapes, giving the Giants preferential treatment over the Jets (who share a stadium) and bowing to Ravens owner Biscotti's pressure to initially give Rice a 2 game suspension.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/11551518/how-ray-rice-scandal-unfolded-baltimore-ravens-roger-goodell-nfl

Is it out of the question that Goodell used his influence on the refs to make sure his good friend Biscotti won another Superbowl 2 years ago??

When I combine this information with the overwhelming evidence of bad officiating in key circumstances, I am led to believe that an influenced outcome is more than possible, but likely. Consider the officiating of key games (or not so key games this season). Many can argue that it is easy for a referree to miss something by not seeing it or not wanting to micro-manage a game. But when officials call penalties for seeing things that the rest of the world agrees did not happen, that is beyond bad officiating, that is experiencing hallucinations.

It has become widespread knowledge that Goodell is just a puppet for the owners, but it sure seems like he is working much harder for some owners than others.

Based on Goodell's choice to renege on his promise to attend the first football game at Levi's stadium, I can guess that the York's are not as close friends with Goodell as other owners are. Therefore, Goodell will never favor the 49ers over certain other teams and the 49ers will always be behind the proverbial 8 ball when it comes to winning another championship.
cool, but no.
Originally posted by SFFanSince72:
Today, there is an article on ESPN's Outside the Lines detailing accounts of the Ray Rice scandal. But in a much broader sense it paints a very clear picture of how Goodell runs the NFL. The article describes that there are a handful of owners that Goodell is extremely close friends with (It is implied that he is closer with these owners than the other owners in the NFL). There is also some evidence and allegations that Goodell has done special favors for these owners, including burning the Spygate Tapes, giving the Giants preferential treatment over the Jets (who share a stadium) and bowing to Ravens owner Biscotti's pressure to initially give Rice a 2 game suspension.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/11551518/how-ray-rice-scandal-unfolded-baltimore-ravens-roger-goodell-nfl

Is it out of the question that Goodell used his influence on the refs to make sure his good friend Biscotti won another Superbowl 2 years ago??

When I combine this information with the overwhelming evidence of bad officiating in key circumstances, I am led to believe that an influenced outcome is more than possible, but likely. Consider the officiating of key games (or not so key games this season). Many can argue that it is easy for a referree to miss something by not seeing it or not wanting to micro-manage a game. But when officials call penalties for seeing things that the rest of the world agrees did not happen, that is beyond bad officiating, that is experiencing hallucinations.

It has become widespread knowledge that Goodell is just a puppet for the owners, but it sure seems like he is working much harder for some owners than others.

Based on Goodell's choice to renege on his promise to attend the first football game at Levi's stadium, I can guess that the York's are not as close friends with Goodell as other owners are. Therefore, Goodell will never favor the 49ers over certain other teams and the 49ers will always be behind the proverbial 8 ball when it comes to winning another championship.

I hope this is not true but on CSN Bay Area it was stated that Jed York and his family are not amongst the in crowd of NFL owner hierarchy. I sincerely hope this has not ever impacted any of the games that I have spent countless years and hours watching consumed with the 49ers winning. I would be pissed! I am fine with being an outsider but I definitely don't want to support a rigged game. This much hasn't been proven yet so I will tie the NFL the benefit of the doubt
Hate Goodell with a passion we deft got robbed. Goodell made sure his buddy Bisciotti & The Murderer went out on top. I still see Jacoby Jones running down the middle while Bruce is being mugged.

No. Don't start on the "everybody hates us" stuff.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Hate Goodell with a passion we deft got robbed. Goodell made sure his buddy Bisciotti & The Murderer went out on top. I still see Jacoby Jones running down the middle while Bruce is being mugged.

That was the game changing play of the game IMO. That play was what put the nail in the coffin in all probability but yet we battled back and nearly pulled it off anyway
Originally posted by English:
No. Don't start on the "everybody hates us" stuff.

I don't care if everyone hates us. A lot of folk hated Kobe too yet he still won 2 more chips after Shaq left. Mostly I just want a clean league I can support win or lose. I hope this is the case because if it ain't I've wasted a lot of my life. I give the league the benefit of the doubt but this latest snafu is really pissing me off right now. I will believe the league is fair but I don't want to hear anymore of this mess with Rice cover ups going on. I haven't read into it yet but I hope it is false
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Sep 20, 2014 at 10:49 AM ]
Oh lord.
The real reason is because our team falls apart when things go wrong. Instead of picking themselves up, this team just sinks further and further when things go wrong.

Originally posted by smithgdwg:
The real reason is because our team falls apart when things go wrong. Instead of picking themselves up, this team just sinks further and further when things go wrong.

I suspect you will be proved wrong tomorrow
On the surface it may appear to be so. Some things just aren't right.

In addition to the Ravens game you mentioned the holding in the Seahawks game and a few other thongs may support your idea.

BUT - there would be WAY too many loose ends to cover up and way too many ways it could come out for even the stupidest of people to try.

NAH - I don't buy it.
The only thing preventing the Niners from winning their sixth title is GREG ROMAN...
Originally posted by kezarvet49:
The only thing preventing the Niners from winning their sixth title is GREG ROMAN...

Boom!! Case closed right there!!
There's definitely a smear campaign out there to oust Goodell. If he showed up Sunday he would have been taking spotlight away from what was supposed to be our day, I'm glad the NFL recognized it wasn't good timing for him to be there. Don't trip, #6 is a coming.
Share 49ersWebzone