LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

Draw play on 3rd and goal? I turned the Tv!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
When they ran that draw play on 3rd and goal I knew JH was not trying to win this game. Who would run that play on third and goal. That was all politics.
I turned the tv too!
I did as well. That was frustrating as hell. It would be different if the ball was inside the 2 or something.
Is this thread worthy tho? Not much to add.
This play pissed me off to no end. My initial reaction was to blame the coaches for the playcall, but it turns out the 49ers had a pass/run option for Kap to choose from pre-snap. He chose run option based on the defensive alignment, and it went nowhere. I don't know what the pass option was, or if it had any chance of success on the play, I just know that was poor situational football. In that situation you put the ball in the air and go for the TD.
Why even give kap that option on 3rd and goal. Why give him a run play option it should have been two passing plays!
Originally posted by Thirstyfor49ers14:
Why even give kap that option on 3rd and goal. Why give him a run play option it should have been two passing plays!

Good point.
  • Phil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:

Good point.

Good excuse.
It shouldn't suprise anyone, they been doing this for years. We play conservative after a 10 point lead

Originally posted by Phil:

Good point.

Good excuse.

Excuse for whom? Looks like a collective f**k up to me.
  • Phil
  • Veteran

Good point.

Good excuse.

Looks like Kaepernick made the wrong call to me.
  • Phil
  • Veteran
This is so frustrating. It's right in your face and you choose to not see it.
[ Edited by Phil on Sep 19, 2014 at 12:09 AM ]

Good point.

Good excuse.

Clearly he did, but it's a legitimate question to ask why a run option was even built in to the playcall to begin with. Poor situational football. 3rd & 6 from the 7 is a pure passing down. Go to the line with 2 pass play options and choose pre-snap. Go for the 7.
  • Phil
  • Veteran

Good point.

Good excuse.

Clearly he did, but it's a legitimate question to ask why a run option was even built in to the playcall to begin with. Poor situational football. 3rd & 6 from the 7 is a pure passing down. Go to the line with 2 pass play options and choose pre-snap. Go for the 7.

What does it tell you that Kap read the D and then chose to run into what, a ten man front? People were calling for Roman's blood before they learned Kap actually audibled into that. They call the plays in before the D is lined up. A run could have very well been proper depending on what the D was showing. It clearly wasn't. There's a dynamic here that makes it look like I'm Kap bashing, I'm not. I'm Kap excuse bashing. He made a mistake on the last play of the game as well. Boldin was open down the side. Saw the game film on it. Easy TD.
Share 49ersWebzone