LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 229 users in the forums

Leon McFadden Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DeUh:

Him and Johnson I thought played stellar...Moody off the bench, etc.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Trent Baalke knows DBs.

Tank gotta a couple of sacks also....too late for 2014, but should be big contributors in 2015.
Trent knows DB and Donatell is probably the 2nd best DB coach in the league next to whoever coaches seattle. We continue to throw in late round picks, UDFAs and guys off the street and they still hold their own. I wish the o could develop players like the d does. That's why I'd probably wait on CB even though sure we could use an early pick but we have too many other bigger needs and we can't develop guys in those areas. Will be interesting to see Acker, Reaser, Johnson next yearh and then maybe McFadden at least in pre-season. You know those guys and Brock and possibly 1-2 vets like Cullver/Cox/Cook we might be able to go cheap and still hang in there. Use the money to pay other areas.
Originally posted by Niners816:

Tank gotta a couple of sacks also....too late for 2014, but should be big contributors in 2015.

Very good point. I try to remind fans, this was just one of those years were everything, and I mean everything went wrong. The defense countered with AMAZING resolve and ended the season as a top 3-5 defense in every category and are climbing the points total as well (10th prior to the game). The offense has regressed despite more talent than we've ever had here.

The FO knows exactly where the issues are and will take care of our immediate and long term future soon. But we are NOT devoid of talent...not at all! And the additional talent we'll add in the off season and through the draft will be even more epic!
[ Edited by NCommand on Dec 15, 2014 at 8:04 AM ]
we don't need to draft any db's.
we literally went 8 deep this season already
Originally posted by Niners816:

Very good point. I try to remind fans, this was just one of those years were everything, and I mean everything went wrong. The defense countered with AMAZING resolve and ended the season as a top 3-5 defense in every category and are climbing the points total as well (10th prior to the game). The offense has regressed despite more talent than we've ever had here.

The FO knows exactly where the issues are and will take care of our immediate and long term future soon. But we are NOT devoid of talent...not at all! And the additional talent we'll add in the off season and through the draft will be even more epic!

This.

We also have other guys coming off IR who I'm really looking forward to seeing on the field like Millard.

I'd like to see him get a shot at TE.
Originally posted by jonesadrian:

Yea. We just need to resign Cully
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Trent knows DB and Donatell is probably the 2nd best DB coach in the league next to whoever coaches seattle. We continue to throw in late round picks, UDFAs and guys off the street and they still hold their own. I wish the o could develop players like the d does. That's why I'd probably wait on CB even though sure we could use an early pick but we have too many other bigger needs and we can't develop guys in those areas. Will be interesting to see Acker, Reaser, Johnson next yearh and then maybe McFadden at least in pre-season. You know those guys and Brock and possibly 1-2 vets like Cullver/Cox/Cook we might be able to go cheap and still hang in there. Use the money to pay other areas.

If Harbaugh goes, I'm expecting Donatell to go with him to be his DC wherever he ends up. That's why I hope Greg Jackson stays, he's the assistant secondary coach, has been working with Donatell for a few years now, hoping he's picked up a few things and can continue coaching up the DB's.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
lol one pass break up against mediocre WRs and you guys are ready to crown him.

Whatever dude! This team lacked a shutdown Cb all year, Perrish Cox had a GREAT first 8 games then has plateaued since and Cully is beatup and too inconsistent. This team needs a lock down CB so Fangio can blitz more. Anyone else notice when the 49ers blitzed Seadderall yesterday that Russell Wilson looked and got flustered? That cheap ass chicken schit call on Moody.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Whatever dude! This team lacked a shutdown Cb all year, Perrish Cox had a GREAT first 8 games then has plateaued since and Cully is beatup and too inconsistent. This team needs a lock down CB so Fangio can blitz more. Anyone else notice when the 49ers blitzed Seadderall yesterday that Russell Wilson looked and got flustered? That cheap ass chicken schit call on Moody.

The CB's are fine when healthy. The biggest issue was the lack of a pass rush. Bring back Culliver and Cox, continue developing Johnson and the rest, this secondary is looking pretty good for the future.

That's just not true. Cully was shut down the entire 2nd half of the season when he's played.
Cox regressed some but we still haven't been destroyed out there by passers
The only person that destroyed us this year was Manning and that was more because we had no pressure on him to speak of and we played nothing but zone.

We have 2 very good corners that we missed the entire year basically. we were out there with rookies and practice squad players and no pass rush for the first 9 games of the season and still got it done.

not to mention having key people like cook and ward go in injured reserve
and corners we drafted that didn't even get to play this year.
we showed how we were the deepest team in the nfl this year. any other team loses as much as we did especially on the defense and what we lost on the offensive line? they're looking at 3 wins.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

The CB's are fine when healthy. The biggest issue was the lack of a pass rush. Bring back Culliver and Cox, continue developing Johnson and the rest, this secondary is looking pretty good for the future.

Better than good.. don't forget How cook looked before he got injured in only 1 off season with us.

defense is good
offense we need to realign the offensive line and everything else will fall into place.
we're really not far away from being elite once again. the amount of injuries just did us in.
Share 49ersWebzone