LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

PFF Player Grades for Week 2

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Ward got f**ked by the coaching staff...idk what genius on the sideline thought someone of Wards size was going to be able to stop Marshall in the redzone but that was idiotic

Agree.

I guess they were hoping the pass rush would emerge and help Ward out. NOT!
If Colin wasn't in the red yesterday there's something wrong the grading scale.
Ellington saw 4 snaps yesterday
Ward got f**ked by the coaching staff...idk what genius on the sideline thought someone of Wards size was going to be able to stop Marshall in the redzone but that was idiotic

exactly.

why the f**k did we have a ROOKIE SLOT CB covering BRANDON marshall?

Did we not learn from the FIRST 2 TD'S???? WTF OVER?
Worst game in the harbaugh era no doubt
4 turnovers and not in red for kaep?

Iupati highest grade on offense and gave up a sack as well as many qb pressures?

I give PFF a D-

I think it was their formation with Marshall in the slot that was forcing Ward on him. 49ers should have seen this and adjusted though...
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
Worst game in the harbaugh era no doubt

I dunno. To me the worst loss was when we got blown out in Seattle again in week 2 and again in primetime. The other Kaep 3-INT implosion game.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
I dunno. To me the worst loss was when we got blown out in Seattle again in week 2 and again in primetime. The other Kaep 3-INT implosion game.

This was a home game up 17
Ahmad Brooks should be embarrassed with his play. IMO he has be en the biggest disappointment. Without Aldon, we needed our other Pro Bowl OLB to step up. He has been terrible. Why can't he generate any pass rush? I remember reading that he came into camp heavy. Unacceptable for a pro athlete in my book. All he is good for this season is untimely penalties.

Ahmad looks like the Pillsbury Doughboy.
Every time I watch the Cardinals play it always seems like they have a very aggressive blitz package on critical downs.

They went 3 straight blitzes to force the Chargers turnover and win last week...crazy.

Fangio needs to come up with some blitzes, fancy stunts....something. I don't care if we get burnt from time to time.....gotta lay a QB on his a*** sometimes.
Originally posted by Dblj55:
Ahmad Brooks should be embarrassed with his play. IMO he has be en the biggest disappointment. Without Aldon, we needed our other Pro Bowl OLB to step up. He has been terrible. Why can't he generate any pass rush? I remember reading that he came into camp heavy. Unacceptable for a pro athlete in my book. All he is good for this season is untimely penalties.

He wasn't even on the field...Lynch and Lemonier was. When he was in there, he was in coverage and got a TFL, forced another and he blew up screen plays. This one's on Fangio...how many pressures does Lemonier have on 50 snaps? ZERO!

Put Lynch AND Brooks in at the same time. That's one poor personnel move...the other would have been to put Cook on Marshall/Jeffrey since he knows both well and play jamming press all game long (b/c they were hobbled) and slide Cox over to the slot.

Incorrect personnel + off coverage all day = loss.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Every time I watch the Cardinals play it always seems like they have a very aggressive blitz package on critical downs.

They went 3 straight blitzes to force the Chargers turnover and win last week...crazy.

Fangio needs to come up with some blitzes, fancy stunts....something. I don't care if we get burnt from time to time.....gotta lay a QB on his a*** sometimes.

I swear, they blitz 95% of the time...and on offense, they go for Hail Mary's on every down...it's exciting to watch and when it works, it works well; when it doesn't, they are exposed. If we could find the happy middle, it would be ideal. But basically, we're the polar opposite of their philosophy/scheme.
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
4 turnovers and not in red for kaep?

Iupati highest grade on offense and gave up a sack as well as many qb pressures?

I give PFF a D-

I feel this way about 50% of the time esp. after I do an analysis of our OL.
Share 49ersWebzone