LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

Vernon Davis expected to miss some time. Nienrs sign TE

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Vernon is made of glass

How so? Guys missed 1 game in the last 7 years.
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Time to give Tony Gonzales a "RING"!!

That would be, pretty interesting. I wouldn't even be against it if he took the minimum, which is about all we could afford.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Vernon is made of glass

How so? Guys missed 1 game in the last 7 years.

If you say it enough times, it becomes true.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by susweel:
Vernon is made of glass

how would you like it if someone fell on your legs.

Someone over 200 lbs to be exact.

It does suck to see him get hurt in almost EVERY bad loss we take.
Originally posted by Ninerfan81:
Just saw over on Twitter that the 49ers just signed free agent TE Xavier Grimble who played his college days at USC. Dude was released by the Giants in August. I can only suspect that this is due to the injuries to both Vernon Davis and Vance MacDonald. Getting pretty thin at TE these days.
Next time, please tell the whole story, i.e. that he was signed to PS and that another PS-player was waived instead.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
in your bathroom.
with the lights switched off.
in front of the mirror.

what was the name of the movie again?
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Gotdammit! Mcdonald 2nd round pick and a BUST??? I HATED that pick too at that time. I gotta say, For all the "Hits" Balk has had in Drafts, he's had the same amount of misses too. Its funny how McDonald's Rice U TE teammate Luke Willson has done more as a LATE 5th round pick then High 2nd rounder MacDonald has done. Balk has been whiffing bad the last 3 Darfts 12-14 whether any of yous will admit it or NOT! We have ZERO depth I don't care whatcha say about that.

Walsh had a lot of fails too.
Originally posted by Niners99:
just great now our best receiver is out.

lol calling VD a "receiver" is pretty generous, considering his hands of stone.

He would be better off just hanging a laundry basket around his neck.
With 53 career touchdown receptions, Davis is now tied for sixth in NFL history for the most TDs by a tight end. Davis now has the most receiving yards by a tight end in 49ers history and moved into No. 7 all-time in the franchise's receiving list. Davis is the only tight end in NFL history with multiple 13-plus-touchdown seasons
I believe he only had 4 drops last year.
Your post is misleading correct it!!!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Vernon is made of glass

how would you like it if someone fell on your legs.

Someone over 200 lbs to be exact.

It does suck to see him get hurt in almost EVERY bad loss we take.
what the hell? even if this is true what are you saying? that he plans it that way? wow , oliver stone would be proud,, i know everyone is looking for someone to blame for sunday night but if you want to blame someone for his injury,, blame ck,, it was his interception and vernon was just reacting after another ck mistake,, sheesh

Originally posted by 9moon:
It's not Vernon, it's not Vernon at all..

It is Derek Carrier's destiny to be our starting TE for year's to come!! This is the break he's been looking for... this is the same break that Brent Jones got when John Frank suddenly retired to become a full time Doctor, and Ron Heller had a bad back...

I've told you guys last week, start buying #46!!!

Dude, you're either Carrier himself or his Mom or something, no other explanation for your love affair w/this guy.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
in your bathroom.
with the lights switched off.
in front of the mirror.

what was the name of the movie again?
if you say it three times in front of that mirror,, bloody mary will appear,, or mary worth will appear, one of them will anyway
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Gotdammit! Mcdonald 2nd round pick and a BUST??? I HATED that pick too at that time. I gotta say, For all the "Hits" Balk has had in Drafts, he's had the same amount of misses too. Its funny how McDonald's Rice U TE teammate Luke Willson has done more as a LATE 5th round pick then High 2nd rounder MacDonald has done. Balk has been whiffing bad the last 3 Darfts 12-14 whether any of yous will admit it or NOT! We have ZERO depth I don't care whatcha say about that.

terry donahue comes to mind
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by 9moon:
It's not Vernon, it's not Vernon at all..

It is Derek Carrier's destiny to be our starting TE for year's to come!! This is the break he's been looking for... this is the same break that Brent Jones got when John Frank suddenly retired to become a full time Doctor, and Ron Heller had a bad back...

I've told you guys last week, start buying #46!!!

Dude, you're either Carrier himself or his Mom or something, no other explanation for your love affair w/this guy.
god, i am shocked he does not break out the picture of jon gruden for the third time today. the word troll wants to leap off my keyboard but i will restrain myself
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by btthepunk:

terry donahue comes to mind

Druckenmiller.
Share 49ersWebzone