LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

GREG ROMAN - A COORDINATOR FOR HIRE

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Oscar ‏@BetterRivals

For everyone that is complaining about Roman: email me why the PLAYCALLS are an issue. Not the executions. ThE PLAYCALLS Betterrivs @ gmail
Originally posted by Jcool:
Oscar ‏@BetterRivals

For everyone that is complaining about Roman: email me why the PLAYCALLS are an issue. Not the executions. ThE PLAYCALLS Betterrivs @ gmail

Is this idiot serious… play calls affect execution and execution is affected by coaching. /idiotictweet
[ Edited by TheRickestRick on Nov 23, 2014 at 4:26 PM ]
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
This. I like Jim Harbaugh a lot. He wins. He has raised the expectations of this franchise. We've been in Super Bowl or bust mode for 3 years. However if he won't make the call to finally get rid of Greg Roman at the end of the year, then I hope Baalke lets Harbaugh and Roman go. Bring in Darrell Bevel, keep the 49ers defensive staff and Tom Rathman.

Considering the type of coaching hires we were making before Harbaugh and where we were as a team, I can't bring myself to want to change HC's under any circumstance.

Trust in Trent. Plus if they retain the defensive staff as I said, this team is set for an offensive minded coach to really run wild. No one can deny that this team should be scoring 24-28 easily with the talent on offense if we even had an average OC. Give us an above average one and we go over 30.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
Oscar ‏@BetterRivals

Is this idiot serious… play calls affect execution and execution is affected by coaching. /idiotictweet

I hope you sent him an e-mail.
Oscar ‏@BetterRivals

Ok, how about on third down and 7, everyone is running 15+ yards downfield (no short routes)?
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
Oscar ‏@BetterRivals

Also, for the players to poorly execute week in and week out speaks volumes about the preparation. This is not a one or two game thing. Contrast this with the defense who can get hit by injuries at every level and guys come in and "execute" their duties. You see some mistakes made by guys, but all in all, the defensive players are VERY well prepared. It makes me take back everything I said in disagreeing with Fangio for being unwilling to play Tank Carradine earlier this season. I was wrong. Fangio has his guys ready. Just about every week.
no offensive rhythm we just don't have it we never have it and that's on everyone

when we run the defense knows what we're running and where we're running it that's a problem.

but i still believe we can get ti corrected

and he engineered a touchdown drive when we absolutely had to have it so roman gets points for that
Oscar ‏@BetterRivals

I will be sure to email him immediately.

i will mention the most important thing is he never gets us in a rhythm execution be damned. our play calls, especially our runs are predictable which is why they get stuffed with linebackers shooting the gaps.

and our passing game has no identity. we aren't west coast we aren't spread we aren't pistol we are a tween. when we pick an identity our offense is wonderful.
Originally posted by Buchy:
The play calling, scheme and coaching is just awful.

I've given Roman as long as I can but time to sack him. If it is execution then that goes back to coaching but I am also coming to believe that very few of our offensive veterans buy into Roman's scheme or philosophy.

Time to learn from John Harbaugh and fire the O co-ordinator.

Its just execution guys.....all 1,000 times...just bad player execution.
figures jcool and his twitter feed are here to defend roman

I can only hope HaRo have been holding back. Makes no sense that they would considering how nerve racking our games have been this season.

Sometimes the playcalling is terrible. QB sneak on 3rd & 1 around our 30. Why not use or RB's? That's just weird.

I believe most of it is execution by the players which comes back to the O coaches not preparing/working with them enough IMO. I'm looking at Solari, Morton & Mangini mostly - throw Chryst in there too. Harbaugh needs to coach this team because he is a terrible politician to the refs.

Rathman has his guys going but it all falls apart when the other units aren't producing.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

Mind blown! Commenting on me and not the topic. Way to go... Already not enjoying the win?
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

Mind blown! Commenting on me and not the topic. Way to go... Already not enjoying the win?

Ive commented plenty on the topic...all you do is post tweets to defend this horrid offense
If the players can't execute the plays called, call plays they can execute.
Originally posted by mkeniner:
If the players can't execute the plays called, call plays they can execute.
This.

Its been about 4 seasons now......if guys are having trouble executing, its probably because the coaching staff is trying to put a square peg into a round hole. If the players aren't executing for whole seasons, that falls on the coaching staff.
Share 49ersWebzone