LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

Crab: "We need that killer instinct. We gave this game away."

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Thank you, Crabtree. I'm glad it's not just the fans who think we lack killer instinct.

The draw play on 3rd & 6 inside the 10 was a total chicken s**t call by the coaching staff. You never throw away a chance to score a TD like that.

This. So much this.
unfortunately we've never had the killer instinct under harbaugh.i personally think its romans shi@#y play calling.always letting teams back in games.instead of playing to win he plays to not lose.and these bull$hit runs on 3rd down and long and not even trying to get a first down is pathetic.you cant win championships like that.you think they would of learned by now
Very depressing loss to a team that lost 5 defensive starters to injury. The loss is on Kap, throwing across the body will get you burned more often than not. What hurt most was the lack of poise. Why doesn't Tank see the field more, I didn't see Dial after the hit on Cutler. I was watching Lemonier most of the second half, he only has the outside rush as a tool. I'm saying to myself spin and go to the inside, I guess he's not strong enough. Jay f...............Cutler stands untouched and throws to his big receivers against our small D-backs. A makeshift Bear o-line keeps Cutler clean the last quarter. Is the team not focused enough? Is Harbaugh looking for the pot of gold over the rainbow? Is it going to be good Kap, bad Kap week in and out. Stay tuned in to find out the answers.
They be half stepin'.
Cox should of been in the slot after the second Marshall td and the lack of pass rush is disturbing. So are the penalties, the gore td holding call was complete b******t. This is two weeks in a row with quite a few bad calls against the niners and it also caught up to us. At least Seattle lost and Peyton manning better go to work against them next week
Well he told the truth.
While Kap deserves as much blame as anyone, my God the freaking play calling sucked.
How many times doo we need to run that damn read option unsuccessfully?
And all the turnovers and penalties were too much to overcome.

Disappointing, but Arizona must pay.
Originally posted by elguapo:
Cox should of been in the slot after the second Marshall td and the lack of pass rush is disturbing. So are the penalties, the gore td holding call was complete b******t. This is two weeks in a row with quite a few bad calls against the niners and it also caught up to us. At least Seattle lost and Peyton manning better go to work against them next week

Thers also that team over in AZ who's pretty Damn good too. Oh yeah they are 2-0 and we have to play them next week. Us and Sea. Ould be looking at 1-2 while AZ is 3-0
  • Phil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Very depressing loss to a team that lost 5 defensive starters to injury. The loss is on Kap, throwing across the body will get you burned more often than not. What hurt most was the lack of poise. Why doesn't Tank see the field more, I didn't see Dial after the hit on Cutler. I was watching Lemonier most of the second half, he only has the outside rush as a tool. I'm saying to myself spin and go to the inside, I guess he's not strong enough. Jay f...............Cutler stands untouched and throws to his big receivers against our small D-backs. A makeshift Bear o-line keeps Cutler clean the last quarter. Is the team not focused enough? Is Harbaugh looking for the pot of gold over the rainbow? Is it going to be good Kap, bad Kap week in and out. Stay tuned in to find out the answers.

Yep. The killer instinct was muffed in bad throws and bad decisions from the pocket. The run on third in the redzone was lame, yes, the penalties lame but you simply cant stare down receivers all day and be indecisive in the pocket and overthrow people and throw ints and fumble the ball and expect to win games. Our formations early in the game showed run (but we passed), and some were gimmicky but they were working when Kap was on - the goal was to open up the field for the run. When we cant hit in the passing game teams will stack the box on us all day and dare us to throw. When their best CB and other starters are out and we cant throw on them there's a problem. Overall it was an ugly game but we should have expected struggles with pass rush with Bowman/Aldon out and our secondary is playing as unit for the first time. It's going to take our secondary a few games to fuse as a unit. To get on the same page. To figure out who needs help, when, how, who;s going to lead the secondary etc.

Coming into the season it should have been common knowledge that our passing game would have to improve for us to win games and until that happens we're going to lose when not playing Dallas.
[ Edited by Phil on Sep 14, 2014 at 10:45 PM ]
I hate to say this but I think the rift between player and coaching staff may be true. Our coaches calm games like they have no faith in the players, which leads to the players trying to ad lib and make big plays on the fly. A run on third and 6???? Sorry if I was Kap I would have audible out of that s**t.This coaching staff needs to make things more player friendly and right the ship.

Funny how all the posters who disagreed with those of us who stated that they lacked killer ,instinct in another thread, are conspicuously silent now. Even crabs and gore agree with us! Yet another game where we seem unable to put 4 quarters together and lose a game we should have won. Too many times we've let teams get back into a game we should have won handily. And kap's inconsistency is starting to worry me. Bad day all around.
Threw away a perfectly good opportunity to get a game up on the Seahawks
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
Funny how all the posters who disagreed with those of us who stated that they lacked killer ,instinct in another thread, are conspicuously silent now. Even crabs and gore agree with us! Yet another game where we seem unable to put 4 quarters together and lose a game we should have won. Too many times we've let teams get back into a game we should have won handily. And kap's inconsistency is starting to worry me. Bad day all around.

he's not inconsistent if the plays make sense.

when the coordinator is happy with 17 points instead of trying to put up 40 we have a problem

when a defense gets up a score and immediately goes into prevent defense we have a problem

that is the problem these dudes ain't trying to win.

not at all.
Not really killer instinct, penalties and turnovers were the story.....

You will never win -4 in turnovers
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Not really killer instinct, penalties and turnovers were the story.....

You will never win -4 in turnovers

yeah...but if we jump to a bigger lead before the end of the half.....maybe we force the Bears to play a different way...heck we might have had our backups in there.

if you watch the game again, everything in the first half was pointing for us to have a much bigger lead.

it has happened many times in the past. we keep the game close, and that is where many mental mistakes can happen...there is more pressure on all the players. Every ref call or non call is important.

you jump out to big leads and you don't have to worry about all those things. You run the ball straight 3 times and settle for a FG...and well....you lose alittle momentum and give alittle momentum....and that is all it can take sometimes.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Sep 14, 2014 at 11:56 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone