LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 218 users in the forums

Kaep to Crab for the game the least clutch duo ever?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Kind of shows that Kap is a one read guy in crunch time.

Colin Panik? He should switch names with Joe.

LOL. But, is so true when he makes a potentially game-costing mistake late in the game. The guy just has a meltdown.

I am not saying he cannot be clutch, if he is having a good day, he can probably make all the throws even under crunch time. However, once adversity hits especially in a repeated fashion, I just don't think he has the mental fortitude to climb himself out of the hole and get it done.

But, to answer the question of the thread, I don't know nor can I say Kap and Crab are the least clutch duo, what I do know is this, Kap has a tendency to be immature when it comes to decision-making. Don't just tell me "I would take Crab over anyone" every single time just for the sake of saying it, but rather please filter it through your brain first and analyse whether it is indeed the right decision/play to execute for that particular moment.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
crab was open. he quit on the route and even then should have caught the pass. that was the right read the perfect throw and he didn't catch it

Agree. Don't think he quit the route, but should have worked his way back to the ball and sealed off the defender. Secure the 1st down at least, but I get why he trailed off into the EZ to try and score. It was the right read, but tough to execute.

he doesnt stutter step at the top of the route thats a td catch in stride
It has only worked 1 time, against the Falcons in the NFC championship game in our SB run year. And Kap does have some comeback ability, ask the Saints and Pats. But that Kap wasn't there yesterday..
Originally posted by BigTrez:
It has only worked 1 time, against the Falcons in the NFC championship game in our SB run year. And Kap does have some comeback ability, ask the Saints and Pats. But that Kap wasn't there yesterday..

And hasn't been there in a while
Kap's failure to connect w/Crabtree at the end wasn't the reason they lost...it was a game full of mistakes, failure to build on the 1st half lead (AKA killer instinct). Also, too much Kap running the ball, not enough Gore/Hyde. Even Boldin didn't have his usual stellar effort. The whole team just wasn't sharp and it cost 'em. Carrier was one of the few bright spots on offense. Let's hope AD comes back soon...Young was schoolin' Martin all 2nd half. Fangio will have to get more creative to get more pass rush. Lemonier seems to be a step short and they'll need to coach him up or give Lynch more PT. Bad as this was, it's one game and the players and coaches know they let one get away.
  • dmax
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rathmanator:
I don't know about everyone else, but on 4th down i just knew Kap would go to Crabtree. I knew it before the snap

while talking to my cousin during the end drive..I told her...WATCH THE PASS FROM KAEP TO CRABTREE
I WASNT DISSAPOINTED
crapernick to craptree never fails to disappoint
Originally posted by TheGoldMineSF:
Has Kaep hit Crabtree for the game winner at all? Trying really hard to think...

The New England game 2012?
Originally posted by niners94:
Colin Panik? He should switch names with Joe.

More like Colin KaPanic.
Originally posted by niners94510:
Well they certainty are not a clutch connection

BINGO!

• Hopper
  • Veteran
I certainly can't call them clutch.
Originally posted by znk916:
crapernick to craptree never fails to disappoint

I'm glad you made it a point to share those amazing nicknames more than once in this thread. Such creativity must be displayed every chance we get.

[/sarcasm]
  • fan49
  • Veteran
The game was not lost on that play. Crabtree messed up that play though. Kap nailed the throw. Couldn't have asked for a better pass. Crabs studded stepped and turned should have kept striding
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
KAP can not read the entire field.. on the last drive, instead of dumping the ball on Gore outside the right flat (wide open) for a minimal gain of 12 yards, he instead, went on a long corner route (and yet againnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn), to Stevie Johnson...

KAP is madly inlove of the idea of throwing a winning TD to Crabb.... WTF????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.... on the last play, he had Boldin running away from the defender inside the 5 yard line!!
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9moon:
KAP can not read the entire field.. on the last drive, instead of dumping the ball on Gore outside the right flat (wide open) for a minimal gain of 12 yards, he instead, went on a long corner route (and yet againnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn), to Stevie Johnson...

KAP is madly inlove of the idea of throwing a winning TD to Crabb.... WTF????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.... on the last play, he had Boldin running away from the defender inside the 5 yard line!!

Well it shouldn't have come down to this in the first place. Had Kaep been more accurate and made better decisions, they would have been in victory formation at that point in time. Clearly however, Kaep still does not see the whole field. By the time he gets to an open receiver, they are no longer open. Also the receivers, seems like, they have to reach up for most of his passes.
Share 49ersWebzone