There are 199 users in the forums

After 2 games were 1-1. What needs to change and built upon?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Kaepernick needs competition next year. Gabbert can't provide that fire needed.
  • thl408
Change: Less turnovers.

Build on: more playaction rollout plays.
Couple times bears were right in Kaps grill upon the roll out.
Move Boone to right tackle and move looney into RG until Davis comes back.

TURNOVERS TURNOVERS TURNOVERS NEED TO STOP!!!
  • thl408
Originally posted by Seeno1:
Couple times bears were right in Kaps grill upon the roll out.

That's true, CHI did eventually sniff it out. 49ers can still move the pocket while not going with a naked rollout. If Kap wasn't feeling comfortable in the pocket, then put him into his element - on the move. I remember one play where he had plenty of time in the pocket and flinched twice because he thought there was pressure. It was like he wanted to get on the move.
[ Edited by thl408 on Sep 14, 2014 at 11:28 PM ]
Kap needs to quit thinking and just sling it.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
crabs
boldin
stevie
vernon
ellington
etc

should be making plays at will.
what gives?
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dwy621:
Move Boone to right tackle and move looney into RG until Davis comes back.

TURNOVERS TURNOVERS TURNOVERS NEED TO STOP!!!

i like your thinking
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Seeno1:
Kaepernick needs competition next year. Gabbert can't provide that fire needed.

I would say more than simply competition. At some point, we really will have to decide whether Kap is THE man who is going to take us to promiseland.
Relax everyone it's ONE game. We knew it would be tough with the injuries we're dealing with. Yes it was a horrible game, especially by Kap, but all QBs have rough days and all teams drop the ball in games they should win sometimes

Originally posted by 49ers808:
Relax everyone it's ONE game. We knew it would be tough with the injuries we're dealing with. Yes it was a horrible game, especially by Kap, but all QBs have rough days and all teams drop the ball in games they should win sometimes

Lost
Not the end of the season, but VERY disappointing. The injuries we have are a problem, but not the reason we lost the game.

Turnovers, turnovers, turnovers. Our QB gave away the game, and that's a problem. If we can't scheme a dynamic passing attack, FINE, just don't turn the f**king ball over.

Stats from the game:

Total Yards
49ers -- 361
Bears -- 216

Passing
49ers -- 232
Bears -- 170

Rushing
49ers -- 129
Bears -- 46

Yards-per-play
49ers -- 5.6
Bears -- 4.2

Dominating the game at this point, until we get to this.......

Turnovers
49ers -- 4
Bears -- 0

Penalties
49ers -- 16-118
Bears -- 10-58

Turnovers and penalties destroyed us. The most painful type of loss, because we were the more talented team, but failed to execute.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Sep 15, 2014 at 1:11 AM ]
100% agree with sofaking. Turnovers and 16 freakin penalties killed us
I've said it over and over and over and over again.. my biggest fear this year is the refs.
Kap reminded me of.....do I dare say it....sure why not; JT O'sullivan last night. Maybe Harbaugh should take a page from Singletary: "This is not a charity". No doubt we gave that one away. The defense was the worst I've ever seen on a discipline stand point. They couldn't get off the field. Two scoring drives for the Bears were basically given to them because of our penalties. I'm about tired of that "illegal hands to the face call". It was either that or illegal contact. Kap REALLY needs to get himself together. I hope he doesn't become a turnover machine. This was a bad loss. Bears had injuries on both sides of the ball and we still got spanked. REALLY bad loss.
Share 49ersWebzone