There are 280 users in the forums

White Jerseys at Home

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I live on the east coast and I am not a meteorologist but correct me if I am wrong in believing that Levi's Stadium is going to be alot hotter earlier in the season than Candlestick was. With that being said I wonder if there has been any thought to the 49ers wearing their white Jerseys at Home when the weather is supposed to get into the 80's? We've seen teams like the Dolphins do this in the past. I know tomorrow's game is a late start but if it was an afternoon game then forcing the Bears to wear black might give us the smallest of advantages.
Originally posted by NinerFanInNewEngland:
I live on the east coast and I am not a meteorologist but correct me if I am wrong in believing that Levi's Stadium is going to be alot hotter earlier in the season than Candlestick was. With that being said I wonder if there has been any thought to the 49ers wearing their white Jerseys at Home when the weather is supposed to get into the 80's? We've seen teams like the Dolphins do this in the past. I know tomorrow's game is a late start but if it was an afternoon game then forcing the Bears to wear black might give us the smallest of advantages.

Uh no...still not hot enough..and I don't think it's much of an advantage as people like to think it is
I always want to see red jersey for home games. We don't need gimmick advantages like the phins or the pokes.
I never even gave it a thought.

Interesting though.

Frankly, I'm more concerned about the state of the field.
Red
Only the cowboys are gay enough to wear white at home
[ Edited by CityKing415 on Sep 13, 2014 at 12:16 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerFanInNewEngland:

Good call. I was planning to dress in a black 49ers berka.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Sep 13, 2014 at 12:26 PM ]
Originally posted by CityKing415:
Only the cowboys are gay enough to wear white at home

Hence the Michael Sam signing ?
I personally hope they stick with red for home games. I remember the Raiders broke their tradition of black at home a few years ago, and it didn't look right.

I think the team should go back to white during the preseason though.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
what are you? some kind of meteorologist or somthing?

Sun will set by halftime. They're not real concerned with that.
I think the 49ers should have a special jersey for special occasions ... like the SF Giants orange Friday jerseys. On a nationally televised game like Sunday or Monday night at home, break them out. How about a gold jersey, or maybe gold numbers?
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Need to stop being p***y's and deal with the heat........people in Green Bay not wearing clothes in sub zero temps
No

/thread
  • Jiks
OMG it's supposed to be 79 tomorrow ! There's absolutely no way I could handle those temperatures.
Share 49ersWebzone