There are 176 users in the forums

Penalties and 49er Perception

Shop Find 49ers gear online
An interesting read and possiblly relevant in today's NFL from a 24-year old article.

http://articles.philly.com/1990-11-15/sports/25925925_1_buddy-ryan-s-eagles-andre-waters-flag
  • buck
  • Veteran

Fast forward to the present. Cawks get benefit of doubt from refs
My point is that our defense in the Harbaugh era has gotten many penalties that are questionable at best. This article sheds light that it could be the perception of the 49er players or Harbaugh by the referees when they make these snap judgement calls.

These things are cyclical and the pendulum has swung away from the 49ers...and I cannot stand it.
There are three constants in life: death, taxes, and fans/players accusing refs of being biased.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ArmchairQB:
My point is that our defense in the Harbaugh era has gotten many penalties that are questionable at best. This article sheds light that it could be the perception of the 49er players or Harbaugh by the referees when they make these snap judgement calls.

These things are cyclical and the pendulum has swung away from the 49ers...and I cannot stand it.

My point is that this does not merit its own thread.

Originally posted by 16to87:
So, basically, every time we as 49ers fans complain about the Seahawks' Super Bowl being tainted because of penalties (or lack thereof), we should concede that our dynasty in the 80's/90's is equally-tainted since, as the article explains, the refs let the 49ers "get away with murder".

Oh wait, that would require objectivity. Nevermind.
[ Edited by theduke85 on Sep 13, 2014 at 8:31 AM ]
Pretty cool article to read. I don't see it as being critical of the 49ers - just calling it like it was.
Originally posted by 16to87:

Do you mean cawk soakers?
Originally posted by theduke85:
There are three constants in life: death, taxes, and fans/players accusing refs of being biased.

and in this case, being absolutely correct in those accusations...

Cheers!

Originally posted by theduke85:

Good call!
Share 49ersWebzone