LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 249 users in the forums

Shootin' Ourselves In The Foot: Week 1

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Great thread, look forward to your weekly tallies
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Hey, good thread if you keep it updated every week. Would love to see the wrap up at the end of the year. The sacks attributed and missed opportunities are good to look back on when discussing a player overall. Some of this is subjective, but another good category could be bone head coaching; dumb challenges, TOs, or play calls.

Yes, burned TOs is also a good category... And they was 1 last week. I will add that to the list.

My goal is to have a running total throughout the year, so it should shed some light in our miscues.
I agree this is a good thread but I think it nitpicks a bit. For example, the 3rd down and penalty stuff. Sure some of the penalties (specifically 2 of the 3 on Brooks) are bad, but in the week 1 game, the Niners were screwed by horrible calls several times. The team was 7-12 on 3rd downs, that's very good and at least twice, penalties, specifically BS penalties prevented us from converting.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Is that you Grant Cohn? Just asking.

Lol, I resent that sir! I don't get paid and am fairly objective, logical, and not trying to justify my job with sensationalistic journalism.
Originally posted by matt49er:
I agree this is a good thread but I think it nitpicks a bit. For example, the 3rd down and penalty stuff. Sure some of the penalties (specifically 2 of the 3 on Brooks) are bad, but in the week 1 game, the Niners were screwed by horrible calls several times. The team was 7-12 on 3rd downs, that's very good and at least twice, penalties, specifically BS penalties prevented us from converting.

The purpose isn't to nitpick, more of collecting all miscues in one place for reference and to spot trends going forward. For instance, not picking up a 1st on 3rd and 30 is expected, but it does technically fall in the category.
I think the Bears will try to establish the run early and often. We will get a better read on the D with this game. It won't matter as far as the result, the offense is giving the impression that it can do whatever it wants. It won't be long before the entire NFL puts Kap into elite status.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
I think the Bears will try to establish the run early and often. We will get a better read on the D with this game. It won't matter as far as the result, the offense is giving the impression that it can do whatever it wants. It won't be long before the entire NFL puts Kap into elite status.

Can't wait for more of those 3 WR sets. A team's third best CB having to cover Michael Crabtree, Anquan Boldin, or Stevie Johnson will be a thing of beauty.
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Also brooks first penalty for hands to the face was bogus.

and the second didnt lead to 3 points it was on 1st and 10. One can argue it didnt really. Matter

No, it wasn't. It was just the reply they showed on the TV coverage was after he had grabbed the mask. Somewhere on here they show a still shot of him with his hand right on the mask.
[ Edited by Bluesbro on Sep 13, 2014 at 9:43 AM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
The refs were paid to get the Cowboys back in the game. NFL is a dirty dishonest game.
Originally posted by susweel:
The refs were paid to get the Cowboys back in the game. NFL is a dirty dishonest game.

When you see the game as entertainment and keeping the people in the seats as long as possible it makes sense from the Mara, Rooney, Jerry Jones, CBS, and Fox point of view.

Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Hey, good thread if you keep it updated every week. Would love to see the wrap up at the end of the year. The sacks attributed and missed opportunities are good to look back on when discussing a player overall. Some of this is subjective, but another good category could be bone head coaching; dumb challenges, TOs, or play calls.

Agree BIG time. Thanks!

I'm also very interested in the Red Zone stats.

Please keep up the fine work.
Thorough post bro. My biggest concern is the illegal contact calls. I dont get why the NFL wants to emphasize on these. Pretty stupid to me.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Originally posted by susweel:

When you see the game as entertainment and keeping the people in the seats as long as possible it makes sense from the Mara, Rooney, Jerry Jones, CBS, and Fox point of view.
The NFL is kind of like a scripted reality show,.... only Goodell the ref's and Vegas know the outcome
  • Phil
  • Veteran
Officials were wearing Cowboys uniforms. The first call on Brooks was bogus. The call on Lloyd was bogus. The call on Ward was bogus. I'm close to thinking the NFL has some sort of officiating conspiracy going. That's how bad the calls have been against he 49ers. The sad thing is...I'm totally serious.
dudes our second half surge of incoming talent is gonna be so sick lol. bow, aldon and lattimore hopefully for starters
Share 49ersWebzone