There are 140 users in the forums

Which injured player are you most excited to see on the field?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which injured player are you most excited to see on the field?

I tried to include everyone who is currently on the PUP or IR:

Lattimore: Once considered the best RB in college football, he is still trying to come back from one of the most devastating knee injuries I have ever seen. James' release and the fact that the team has Lattimore on the PUP rather than the IR inspires hope. It sounded like he was dealing with a hamstring issue, which is common for a player after such a massive injury. We all hope he is using this time to gain back muscle strength so he is 100% before he hits the field. A three-headed monster of Gore, Hyde, and a healthy Lattimore would be incredible!

Millard: Injured in college, Millard was known for his hard running style, and a blend of size and speed that made him dangerous. He is a FB, but has the chance to be a more effective runner than Miller. He could be what Delanie Walker was for this offense.

Reaser: Before his injury, Reaser was known for his speed and playmaking ability. His potential as a CB in this league is unknown, but his bloodlines are great. He is the late Sean Taylor's cousin.

Acker: He had one of the best preseasons of any of the team's rookies. He was physical, showed he had the speed to succeed in this league, and always seemed to be around the ball. I have a feeling his place on the IR was a stash move.

Hunter: He is the most known quantity on this list, but this is his second major injury in three years. Can he recover enough to regain the form that made us think he could be Gore's heir apparent? Will another team take a flyer on him next year or will we be able to resign him for cheap?

Ramsey: Ramsey's college career was marred by injury. He showed flashes of his potential at BC, but he will have to prove he can stay healthy in the league. With Justin Smith's age and Ray McDonald's issues, this position might be our biggest need next offseason.

Dorsey: After being a bit of a bust in KC, he came in last year and stepped up big after Ian Williams' injury. We tend to go without a NT when we are playing teams with dynamic passers, so the position doesn't get as much attention, but watching Murray have his way with our front last week had many wishing Dorsey had been available.

Thomas: Could his injury have come at a worse time? Or perhaps the timing was great for us. Thomas injured his knee at the beginning of the draft process. Because of that he fell at least a round down from where he might have gone. Thomas was an OT in college, but projects as an above average OG. With Iupati's inconsistency and Boone's contract demands, Thomas may be able to compete for a starting spot next year. He doesn't have Iupati's strength, but he is mobile, smart, and equally adept at run or pass blocking.

Tukuafu: I threw him in just to give you all the options. Tukuafu did a nice job replacing Miller last year, and his size is intimidating in the backfield.

Jacobs: He earned a great deal of praise for his work on the scout team. He is slight of build, but flashed great hands and an ability to get open.
Dorsey would probably make a bigger impact for our team compared to anyone but Bowman..whom you didn't list.
[ Edited by Jakemall on Sep 10, 2014 at 12:10 PM ]
1. Dorsey
2. Lattimore
3. Hunter
4. Millard
5. Acker
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Lattimore's gotta be the one..

I wanna see him and his future on this team.. he can only hope that he can be similar to Willis McGahee instead of Doug DuBoise.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Bowman because watching Whilhote's slow ass is frustrating. Can't believe Baalke didn't sign a vet ILB to cover for Bowman.
If Susweel is going to agree with me, can I change my answer?
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Dorsey would probably make a bigger impact for our team compared to anyone but Bowman..whom you didn't list.

Yeah, I forgot to put a note in before I posted it. I didn't include Bowman because that was too easy. I was focused on the more unknowns. Dorsey played well last year, but there was talk of him taking a big leap forward this year as a NT, especially with Ian back to spell him. Bowman is a known quantity, so i decided to keep him off the list.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

That was my master plan.

Yeah that's allowed. Latt?
[ Edited by English on Sep 10, 2014 at 12:18 PM ]
Bowman, Bowman, Bowman, Bowman...yeah, it was too easy!

For me it's all about position and need...so Dorsey is next man up. I'm also anxious to see Lattimore in action but with Hyde doing so well there would be few carries for him.

For next year I'm really excited about Millard and Thomas...who could upgrade while costing less than vets.

I want to see Lattimore. I loved watching him in college and if he can translate to the NFL, we will have a pretty beastly backfield with Hyde and Lattimore if Gore is no longer here next year.
Dorsey, was becoming a force. Lattimore? Can he come back from such a devastating injury? Acker was doing all the right things, if he can produce he'll see the field in short order once he hits the playing field.
I'd say, in order, I'm most excited about:

1. Lattimore: not holding my breath, but I'm exciting to see him get an opportunity to play again. My eyes welled up watching that "NFL Journey" draft video of him.

2. Millard: I think he's the perfect fit for this offense. He's never going to be a star, but I could see him be a valuable role player for us. I think he'll be a true swiss army knife -- I love the Delaine Walker comparison.

3. Acker: looked good in the preseason, and it's hard not to be excited about young defensive back with how good the early returns on Ward, Johnson and especially Reid have looked.
Originally posted by English:

Yeah that's allowed. Latt?

He agreed with me on Bowman...I don't know what he actually voted.
  • dj43
Lattimore is the sexy choice. I hope he can come back to something resembling his college form. Until I see it, though, I won't set my hopes too high.

As others have said, Dorsey is the obvious pick. The center of the defense did not look very good against the Cowgirls.
Share 49ersWebzone