LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 276 users in the forums

What do we do if Ray Mac has to miss some time?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What do we do if Ray Mac has to miss some time?

Ray mac is a vital part of our defense , if he is disciplined , do you feel we have the depth to withstand losing him for some time ...or do we need to make some kind of move to stay competitive ...any thoughts?
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
You have Carradine and Dial who have yet to be active. I don't anticipate Ray missing any games, at least through the 1st half of the season. If we can have Ray at least until Aldon, Bowman, and/or Dorsey comes back...we're fine.
Originally posted by Baldie:
You have Carradine and Dial who have yet to be active. I don't anticipate Ray missing any games, at least through the 1st half of the season. If we can have Ray at least until Aldon, Bowman, and/or Dorsey comes back...we're fine.

wut he sed ^

I cant wait until Dorsey comes back ...he was seriously developing into a FORCE
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:

Honestly I think the pass rush is going to suffer a bit until Aldon comes back. The Smith duo on the line is unstoppable but with only one of them, its not as fierce. Fangio is going to have to blitz more often then before. But the great thing is, Aldon will be FRESH.
[ Edited by Baldie on Sep 10, 2014 at 7:47 AM ]
I for one am not going to assume that Aldon Smith is at home during this 9 week suspension working out, studying film etc. If history tells us anything, he will likely get into some sort of trouble during this span. I hope Harbaugh has him locked in his basement until he is eligable to play.

I am also going to predict that Bowman comes back and in one of the Seattle games, breaks some guys leg/knee/ankle and we will all be very happy. Lets hope its Wilson.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Score a lot of MoFing points!!!
If he has to face time, the first thing we have to do is face facts-he's guilty of domestic violence. So we have to worry about some of this team's mentality. More arrests than any other nfl team in the off-season. Sounds like the old Raiders not our Niners.
I think we have many quality pieces in this puzzle, so then next man in line gets to step up on and off field and fill the shoes.
I took my young boy to his first game at the stick to see 9ers stick it to Detroit (2005 I believe). We bought him a little Jeff Garcia jersey to wear to the game. After the game, Garcia got a DUI, and I thought with the money they make, he couldn't have paid for a cab? Rented a limo or driver? Not to mention all the people that look up to them. They are role models no matter what they may think. So now I buy shirts that say niners on them but not individual players names.
I think it is important for Ray Mac to know he is valuable to the team, but not invaluable. You can always be replaced by someone waiting in the wings. Waiting to get better. We just have to show some patience in that process though that's not what the nfl has gotten us accustomed to.
Move Tukuafu back to the DL
There's no question Ray is an important part to our defense. But if we lose him for an extend period of time we'll be fine. We NEED to get Tank and Dial on the field.

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Move Tukuafu back to the DL

He is on IR.
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:

even if he comes back this year he won't be much of a force. Hell even justin smith was no force in the SB
  • Chico
  • Veteran
NEXT MAN UP!
I don't know who we'd sign or trade for at this point. I think its clear they'll put Dobbs/TJE out there with Dial or Tank possibly making the actives as a backup.

I'd rather sit Dobbs & TJE, put Dial out in the base D and insert Tank in passing situations.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I just think that we start thinking for the future NOW... Not only because of RayMac's situation, you also have to think of life after Justin Smith.. We need to find out now who will be here for the next 3 to 6 years playing DL.. we need to let Dial; Dobbs; Tank; and the rest of the young DL play or at least, gain some playing time experience.
Share 49ersWebzone