LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 318 users in the forums

Building Killer Instinct

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The final score most likely would have been something like 38 - 13 if it wasn't for those effin refs
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Watching Sunday's game felt like an old CLASSIC 49ers game. Pass a s**t ton in the first half, run the ball down their throats in the second. Either way, we converted key third downs that kept the D on the bench, when the officials made it an agenda TO keep our D on the f**king field.

Our offense was insane, we were quick strike, I knew this offense had that potential, and we're gonna see it continue to grow. I think this offense can win any shoot-out it goes up against once the o-line gets its ass in gear.

Very much agreed man! I'm loving the fact we left plays in the book, chi and the rest of nfl hasn't seen yet! Lol least from us so 1. Great team win.

Our run d I don't see as a prob. As to it appeared we blanketed dez and witten, and allowed Dallas to help us run out the clock! We may see a different approach every game. We have stacked skilled players in key areas. We will be able to dictate games.

Up next the rematch of kaeps first nfl start, da bears, gonna be a good one to open the stick.
Goniner
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
The only thing the 49ers have lacked is that killer instinct to put teams away we should have blown the Cowboys out and seemed like they let the foot off the pedal. I hope we can build a killer instinct throughout this season we have much to prove to win the Superbowl imo.

we were up by three scores and you have two weapons like gore and hyde, you run the ball, they can not stop the run and we win the game,, what would this place and your had done if we opted to come out throwing, we throw three quick incomplete passes, have a bunch of 30 second drives and the cowboys have alot of time to come back.. the niners gave up the short stuff underneath and made the cowboys run alot of time to even get a score,,, remember one of their scores was a total gift from the refs. if running the ball, playing smash mouth football and not turning it over is not killer instinct then i do not know what is... up by 3 scores, we throw, we have 30 second drives, the other team gets steam, gets hot, the crowd gets into it, the mo turns and we lose,,, yes that is lovely ,, had it not been for the refs, we would have won 35-10,, that is pretty good in my opinion

So, if we had thrown the ball, it would have been automatic 3-and-outs and 30 second drives with no possible positive outcome?
The only thing the 49ers have lacked is that killer instinct to put teams away we should have blown the Cowboys out and seemed like they let the foot off the pedal. I hope we can build a killer instinct throughout this season we have much to prove to win the Superbowl imo.

Im yes and no. I like to put the foot on the throat and dont let up, blow them out. But if one of our more elite players got injured, and we are 4 scores up going for 5 . . . I'd be pissed. I know theres a saying that no lead is safe. And I believe we've come close in the past to losing games playing it safe (I think we lost to Arizona cause we let them hang around). But im more happy with the

'we won but didnt blow them out and everyone got through the game'

then

'we won and blew them out but player X is out for the season'
we did just fine. this game was never close. it was a 3-4 score game for nearly the entire 2nd half. on top of that, save for the refs, we would have put even more points on the board and they would have put less points.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
The final score most likely would have been something like 38 - 13 if it wasn't for those effin refs

very true. The Lloyd one was by far one of the worst I have ever seen. That was a huge play.
Originally posted by ace49ers:
Im yes and no. I like to put the foot on the throat and dont let up, blow them out. But if one of our more elite players got injured, and we are 4 scores up going for 5 . . . I'd be pissed. I know theres a saying that no lead is safe. And I believe we've come close in the past to losing games playing it safe (I think we lost to Arizona cause we let them hang around). But im more happy with the

'we won but didnt blow them out and everyone got through the game'

then

'we won and blew them out but player X is out for the season'

Ummmm, we lost both our starting corners in the first qtr

Point: injuries can happen anytime bro, playing conservative or not

I agree with you man, I hate that we seem to take that foot off the pedal once we have a lead. Can't count how many times in the Harbaugh era where we allow teams to score and almost make a comeback and respond with run up da guts. Save the clock killing for the 4th qtr after stomping um for 3qtrs.

This game the refs fuc#ed us and that's unfortunately out of our control, like everyone said, easily 35-10 otherwise
I know this "killer instict" BS was brought up in here last season or the year before. It was a joke of a thread now and it remains one today.

• Rascal
  • Veteran
we were up by three scores and you have two weapons like gore and hyde, you run the ball, they can not stop the run and we win the game,, what would this place and your had done if we opted to come out throwing, we throw three quick incomplete passes, have a bunch of 30 second drives and the cowboys have alot of time to come back.. the niners gave up the short stuff underneath and made the cowboys run alot of time to even get a score,,, remember one of their scores was a total gift from the refs. if running the ball, playing smash mouth football and not turning it over is not killer instinct then i do not know what is... up by 3 scores, we throw, we have 30 second drives, the other team gets steam, gets hot, the crowd gets into it, the mo turns and we lose,,, yes that is lovely ,, had it not been for the refs, we would have won 35-10,, that is pretty good in my opinion

TOTALLY disagreed !!

Listen, we are trying to win a Super Bowl here. We are fighting with really tough teams such as the Seahawks. They can easily go 13-3 again. If we are trying to win the division, not only will we need to win as many games as possible, but we can't get complacent and just kill the clock, we need to blow out every single one of our opponents as far as possible. Why ? Simple, say even if we could tie the Seahawks for the regular season record, it could come down to the tiebreaker rules. Net points and net touchdowns can easily come into play. Last we want is to end up tying with the Seahawks and still ending up having to play at C-Link just because we couldn't be bothered to keep our foot on the pedal and scored more TDs.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran

Double post.
[ Edited by Rascal on Sep 10, 2014 at 1:45 AM ]
  • Rascal
  • Veteran

I absolutely agree !! In fact, I have been meaning to bring this up for a while.

I have just stated my rationale in my reply to cciowa, so I will be short here. In short, we are battling with tough teams like the Seahawks, not only does every win counts, but things like strength of victory, net points and net touchdowns could all come into play as part of the tiebreaker rules should we end up tying with the Seahawks. Bottomline, we should aim to blow out all of our opponents as far as possible and we need to win the division if we are serious about trying to win the Super Bowl.
Refs f**ked us over in the 2nd half
It has nothing to do with 'killer instinct'. We were up 25 pts into the 2nd half. You run the ball to grind clock, and play a softer D to prevent quick, big scoring plays. Make them run a bunch of clock on their drives.

If you lead 25 into the 3rd, theres no reason to step on the gas. You just risk having short, clock stopping drives and giving the other team plenty of time to get back in it.

The 49ers drained the clock to the point where the Cowboys didnt even have time to score 26 more pts.
Share 49ersWebzone