There are 165 users in the forums

Building Killer Instinct

Shop Find 49ers gear online
jim has to have it. not the players. jim. he has to have it he has to say we're going to kill the opponent this week
he has yet to say this at any point i am 100% positive
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Had to bump this. Not trying to be negative, but Harbaugh should've at least tried to put Philly away with a TD rather then settling for a field goal late in the 4th quarter. Almost bit him in the ass big time. Noway we would've came back with less than 2 minutes left and no timeouts. Kap hasn't proved that he's a "clutch" comeback QB yet and in all probability it would've ended with a Kap pick and I'm a huge Kap backer.
I saw some nice, bold moves today. The fake punt is an obvious one. Harbaugh contemplated going for it on 4th and 1 after the Boldin catch with around 5 minutes left in the game too. Is it just me, or did he seem a little more aggressive today?
Originally posted by theduke85:
I saw some nice, bold moves today. The fake punt is an obvious one. Harbaugh contemplated going for it on 4th and 1 after the Boldin catch with around 5 minutes left in the game too. Is it just me, or did he seem a little more aggressive today?

Agree. We took steps in the right direction today to become more aggressive & build more killer instinct.
Again, credit to Harbaugh where it's due: he went for the jugular last night. Went for it on 4th and goal, and then again on 4th and 1 with about 5-6 minutes left in the game. The second time a questionable decision, but it's hard not appreciate the aggression. We've been pretty conservative the last few years.
Originally posted by theduke85:
Again, credit to Harbaugh where it's due: he went for the jugular last night. Went for it on 4th and goal, and then again on 4th and 1 with about 5-6 minutes left in the game. The second time a questionable decision, but it's hard not appreciate the aggression. We've been pretty conservative the last few years.

I said the same thing last night. I personally wanted us to take the FG but do love that coach had us playing for the kill shot.
I've decided that the Niners have an uncanny ability to play down to their opponent. They can beat any team in the NFL, but it's always a close game and is decided in the last minutes of the 4th quarter. This has to end. Please just put the bad teams away in the 3rd so all of your fans don't suffer minor heart attacks each week.
Start cracking skulls and step on their throats!!!
Seems to me our coaching staff has a problem with knowing WHEN to bring out the "Killer Instinct" & WHO to bring it upon. Its like playing Poker... ya gotta know WHEN to HOLD em & WHEN to FOLD em!! When you go up by 10, 14 or more pts on a team like, say Jacksonville... you can then afford to ease up off the gas pedal & start going conservative. But when you're playing a team like Denver, Seattle, New England & you go up by 10, 14 or more pts... YOU KEEP YOUR FOOT ON THE GAS... PEDAL TO THE F*ING MEDAL WITHOUT LETUP!!
  • CMIO
Originally posted by JE4931:
Seems to me our coaching staff has a problem with knowing WHEN to bring out the "Killer Instinct" & WHO to bring it upon. Its like playing Poker... ya gotta know WHEN to HOLD em & WHEN to FOLD em!! When you go up by 10, 14 or more pts on a team like, say Jacksonville... you can then afford to ease up off the gas pedal & start going conservative. But when you're playing a team like Denver, Seattle, New England & you go up by 10, 14 or more pts... YOU KEEP YOUR FOOT ON THE GAS... PEDAL TO THE F*ING MEDAL WITHOUT LETUP!!

Prime example....what Peyton Manning did to us last week. Up 14-0 still airing it out and making the big plays. Continued the slaughter until we folded and benched Kap, then the Broncos started burning clock.

I can appreciate an aggressive mindset...

Originally posted by CMIO:
Originally posted by JE4931:

Prime example....what Peyton Manning did to us last week. Up 14-0 still airing it out and making the big plays. Continued the slaughter until we folded and benched Kap, then the Broncos started burning clock.

I can appreciate an aggressive mindset...

This.

The coaching staff should take a lesson from Denver on how to finish a team off.
Still haven't got it.. what the f**k is it going to take to wake this offense up?
Just the way we play and have played since the Singletary and Nolan days. Run the ball, play good defense, be conservative, play the field position battle, etc. I know it sucks because it cost us a SB or 2 but who knows if we were more aggressive we might have not got to the NFCCG and SB those years. It goes both ways... more picks, more turnovers, more tired defense but better chance to bury teams vs keeping teams around, playing it safe, less likely to be blown out but less likely to blow someone out. Good things happen with those high flying gun slinging offenses but a lot of bad things too.
You need a killer scheme to have a killer instinct. And we don't even have that
Same old song.
Share 49ersWebzone