There are 141 users in the forums

Repsonse to Kawakami and San Jose Merc News re: Mac and Rice

Shop Find 49ers gear online
San Luis Obispo Tribune had two editorials today, from San Jose Merc and Kawakami, both stating that 49ers showed no courage nor did they do the right thing by allowing Big mac to play on Sunday. They both made a case that "supposed" wife beating , even if just charges, were reasons to do the right thing and NOT let Mac play.

Well, here is my take: We did do the right thing last yr with Aldon on gun charges (only in CA, not AZ ), discharging firearms, and DUIs (plural). Also the fiasco in the LAX terminal, which NOBODY knows what the hell happened, except that a couple TSA agents got exercised over something aldon said. But he sure as hell didn't say "I Have a bomb"...or they would have carted him off to jail. You ever have a run in with TSA? Man I sure have, and I was just minding my own business. This charge was later found to have no merit.

Back up to last yr, when aldon hit a tree and had DUI, he or the team voluntarily placed him in rehab, on their own. He got counseling, hopefully wised up some, and voluntarily missed 5 games in rehab. Ok, fast forward to Ray rice incident, and he gets two weeks for a pretty obvious wife beating, except goodell either didn't see the elevator films or just said he didn't. Doesn't matter really, because if he missed them he is a fool, and if he saw them, he should have suspended rice. Well, he didn't and gave rice a 2 gamer. Aldon is next up and goodell brings down the hammer...9 GAME SUSPENSION...nobody hurt, just stupid immature stuff, nobody got beaten up, nothing. AND NINE GAMES. To most of us that was a make up call on screwing up on the Rice [/i]call. Then TMZ out of nowhere gets the same tape in NFL hands, and shows it as a wife beating. Rice expelled.

Meantime, the 49ers already have had a big dose of Goodell and fairness with the aldon 9 gamer. Aldon did penance, rehab and the team was there to ensure it. Result from goodell? Max penalty, 9 more games...with no credit for 5 games already served, including time in rehab. Well, tell you what Timbo and San Jose Merc...we have seen the "fairness of goodell" and [i]what happens if
you do the right thing with an errant child[i]. You get penalized for it. So to hell with keeping Ray Mac out until somebody produces a video or photo or whatever that proves he did whatever he was accused of. Until then, the 49ers handle their own guys, and screw Goodell and his imperfect sense of justice. IF the law says Mac is guilty, ok, he goes. But until then, we don't or shouldn't feel bad about keeping him playing...because the commish has proven his inability to get misbehavior or criminal actions right. In fact , he seemingly is one the wrong side of all the big cases...until the TMZ vid today(or last nite). Finally, he got that one right, but he sure didn't do it on his own. On his own he let Rice walk with a tiny two gamer.

So Tim and SJMerc, take your editorials and you know what you can do with them. Big Mac plays until such time that it is proven he has done wrong. You guys got way ahead of yourselves, and forgot about being innocent until proven guilty. As far as doing proactive stuff that will show good intent...forget it. Commish doesn't know have any sense of fairness and has proven it 3 times in 2 days. You know who should go? Why don't you start with goodell for starters. Let Big Mac's situation play out. The 49ers will take whatever action is necessary and need no help from the Merc nor Tim.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Sep 9, 2014 at 4:46 PM ]
Good call!

No good deed goes unpunished.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Like to see Goodell and Kawakami disappear
Yeah, they'd be good company.
Tim K had a tweet last nght directed at ted robinson without calling him out (in his normal cowardly fashion) saying
“@timkawakami: When you burn credibility, it never comes back. Hope he realizes this. RT @annkillion Paid shill being a paid shill.”

since when has tim ever had any more credibility then the shock jock who trapped cully in the interview before the super bowl?
Spot on, pasodoc.
  • barry
  • Veteran
I was flip flopping on ray for a while but after hearing legal experts on the level of his bail being so low that it suggests that they have nothing it seems like he should be able to play and earn his living. And so those 5 games Aldon missed last season have no bearing right? I feel like no one talked about the fact that he did try to do something right away.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Kawakami is just trolling, stop feeding him.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Tim K had a tweet last nght directed at ted robinson without calling him out (in his normal cowardly fashion) saying
��‚��"@timkawakami: When you burn credibility, it never comes back. Hope he realizes this. RT @annkillion Paid shill being a paid shill.��‚��

since when has tim ever had any more credibility then the shock jock who trapped cully in the interview before the super bowl?

TK is so terrible it comes to the point I just believe the opposite he writes. He has been playing this harbaugh is leaving card for at least 3 years now. Now with his whole McDonald crusade, he has been extremely vocal and outspoken.

I hope that it is found out that McDonald did not hit his Fiancé, well for obvious reason I hope a women was not assaulted because I can't stand DV. But secondly, I would love for TK to look like the holier-than-thou piece of s**t he is. I think it would be funny if the niners just started ignoring him at pressers. He has zero credible inside sources and his sole purpose is to cause problems.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Sep 9, 2014 at 5:45 PM ]
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Kawakami, Cohn and Killion..........I wouldn't let those 3 dip s**ts at 49er headquarters

Disagree that we handled Aldon Smith properly. Dude was in practice the same day he was found passed out burning rubber against a tree.

We also played him a few days later before sending him to rehab.
I don't like the way some local writers juxtapose Ray Rice's horrific behavior with Ray Mac's unspecified behavior. They talk about Rice and then switch to MacDonald without missing a beat or without noting that maybe Ray Mac is innocent, or maybe he did something trivial by comparison. I am not implying that any form of spousal abuse is trivial, but he is getting tarred with the Ray Rice brush.
Didn't Marshawn Lynch get nailed in the East Bay for a DUI? I never heard anything of a suspension for him... Hmmmm
who cares what Kawasaki thinks? this is still America, he hasn't been convicted of nothing yet. I don't know why people think women are these precious beings who need special protections, some can be pretty malicious and nasty.
For me, I was fine with any decision that the 49ers made regarding playing Macdonald or not. If they were not feeling comfortable about the facts, then fine, sit him and pay him. But if they felt from the facts presented that he may not have done anything wrong, then fine play him.

What I hate is how soo many people are furious over the 49ers playing him. They are more angry at the 49ers than the actual act of DV if true. If it came out that the facts showed that TM committed DV, then I would be angry if they still played him.

The thing about Kawakami and the other nuts, is that if the 49ers sat MacDonald, they would have spun the story to still make the 49ers look bad. Something about them thinking he is guilty without evidence or some other garbage would have been spouted out to make Harbaugh and the 49ers look bad. That is what they are trying to do, find anything to get website hits or twitter followers and to bring down Harbaugh since they have a grudge against him.

They would make excellent Seattle beat writers, which is basically what they want to be.
Share 49ersWebzone