LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 305 users in the forums

When will Tank & Dial play?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

When will Tank & Dial play?

ASAP!

We need to #Fillthetank and #turnupthedial
I am little irritated that neither of these guys suited up. I really thought they these guys were going to get some valuable PT and i was really hoping it would help prevent running our starting DE's into the ground like in years past.
Tank needs to play. He's a pass rusher and was a HIGH DRAFT Pick #40 overall and now at a position of need. WTH??? They need to play him asn an edge rusher WTH??
Maybe after a few games when everyone on the d-line (other than J. Smith) struggles to generate a pass rush. At one point I saw Ian Williams in a 2-point stance trying to generate pressure. That's not his game. Get Carradine on the field to rush from the interior on passing downs.

Dial also proved to be our staunchest run defender among the backups. TJE and Dobbs are nice for depth, and Fangio loves his vets, but Dial is the superior player.
The only reason I can imagine Tank not being activated is to help the running game. But since the Cowboys ran all over us anyway, obviously it didn't work.
Fangio needs to adjust his philosophy. Sometimes the young, talented kid, who makes mistakes, is better than the less talented veteran, who does his job right every time.

We need Borland in the middle, and Carradine rushing the passer. I don't want Cutler sitting back there in the pocket, and I sure as heck don't want to see any more missed tackles and poor pursuit angles from our linebackers.

Play the young TALENTS.
Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:
ASAP!

Lol, I like it
Originally posted by BrianGO:
The only reason I can imagine Tank not being activated is to help the running game. But since the Cowboys ran all over us anyway, obviously it didn't work.
Fangio needs to adjust his philosophy. Sometimes the young, talented kid, who makes mistakes, is better than the less talented veteran, who does his job right every time.

We need Borland in the middle, and Carradine rushing the passer. I don't want Cutler sitting back there in the pocket, and I sure as heck don't want to see any more missed tackles and poor pursuit angles from our linebackers.

Play the young TALENTS.
Borland is way more instinctive than Whilhote and I am not sure what Fangio's love for Dobbs comes from. Tank and Dial I think are better than Dobbs and Williams.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
All I know is this, we sure could use some pass rush and we need to stop the run. So, that probably means this coming Sunday.
I was really surprised. Thought at least one of the two would be active.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Sep 9, 2014 at 9:21 PM ]
Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:
ASAP!

#WankForTank

when we trade them to KC for like 7 second rounders
This is a no brainer. Tank and Dial need to be in there. Dobbs and Jerod Eddie are not very good.
Need to get them actual game experience incase we do have injuries on the D-Line.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
pretty sure one of them suits up this week.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Man, our depth is good. However, sooner or later, we will need to get a serious beast to replace Justin Smith.

I completely agree, the thing is, I think we actually more than likely have our replacements for both Cowboy and Ray Mac already on the roster in Dial and Tank. We just need to get them on the field. Both only have 3 years left on their deals including this one, would be a huge disappointment if we didn't play them at all or barley and went into next year still not knowing if they are in fact the eventual replacements for those guys.

I can see dial replacing RayMac and I can see Tank replacing Justin. I don't think you can really replace a talent and his production like Justin smith, he was a first round almost first pick in the draft - kind of guy. Considering our constantly low draft position because of our success - most likely you will need to trade for a guy like that.
Share 49ersWebzone