LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 189 users in the forums

What we learned after Game 1 with Dallas

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Our run defense needs to improve, or more specifically, get healthy. Our pass defense looked great to me. Murray did some damage against our front seven but we effectively took Bryant and Witten out of the game. The major concern going in was how would our new look secondary would perform, and they rocked it. Props to Fangio.

Regarding the run defense, I really don't know what can be done until we can get some guys back from injury. I'm sure some tweaking could be done to the scheme, but that's only going to do but so much. Thankfully for us, there aren't a whole lot of stud running backs on the schedule this year. We have Shady McCoy in two weeks, Jamaal Charles the week after, and then it gets considerably easier until we face Lynch and the Seahawks.

If the run defense can hold up until then, I think we'll be fine.
Originally posted by jays9ers:
Secondary looked good.. The d line for pushed around all game long. Offense still needs to sustain and finish drives. We have the weapons to score just gotta do it. Run game needs some work

no the play-calling needs some work. Read option and sweeps to the outside?
The secondary looks better than last year

Kaepernick looked elite

Hyde looks like a future star

Boldin still has it

Justin Smith still has it

Rookie class was amazing

Iupati is a liability and is playing exceptionally bad in a contract year
Originally posted by Fanofthegame:
I would say 49ers and Saints are about equal and both are a step behind Seattle atm. Its just the first game of the year so it really doesn't matter for now. It is also hard to evaluate the offense against what most consider one of the worse defense in the league this year. I do expect the team to notch another W against the Bears next Sunday.

I smell a troll
I would say 49ers and Saints are about equal and both are a step behind Seattle atm. Its just the first game of the year so it really doesn't matter for now. It is also hard to evaluate the offense against what most consider one of the worse defense in the league this year. I do expect the team to notch another W against the Bears next Sunday.

The Falcons did utterly unspeakable things to that Saints defense today, pretty sure they could have been charged with multiple felonies in several states. I'm a lot less worried about New Orleans after seeing their hapless defense get wrecked like that.
Originally posted by niner4ever12:
that cowboys troll didnt come back

I doubt he comes back. Not after he spent all week defending Romo. We all saw what happened lol. Vintage Romo.
Does anybody have an answer to why we didnt score the last 30 minutes of the game
Originally posted by susweel:
We lost the battle in the trenches on both sides of the ball.

You remind me of the old grandpa on Chevy Chases Christmas Vacation that just sits back and complains about everything..

"The little lights arent twinkling'...
Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:
The secondary looks better than last year

Kaepernick looked elite

Hyde looks like a future star

Boldin still has it

Justin Smith still has it

Rookie class was amazing

Iupati is a liability and is playing exceptionally bad in a contract year

Agree on all points.
Originally posted by teylo31:
Does anybody have an answer to why we didnt score the last 30 minutes of the game

Because we didn't have to, and Dawson sucks.

We were up by 25 and running clock

oh, and Phil missed a 37 yarder
[ Edited by RabidNiner on Sep 7, 2014 at 7:42 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

The Falcons did utterly unspeakable things to that Saints defense today, pretty sure they could have been charged with multiple felonies in several states. I'm a lot less worried about New Orleans after seeing their hapless defense get wrecked like that.

Always knew tht saints d was all hype, once again they're the drew Bree's show. The NFC once again is seattle and us battling again
Our young secondary looks incredibly promising.

Refs and Dawson f**ked up

The 3 R's... Refs, Roman and Ruhtardation. Definitely left allot of points on the field today.
Share 49ersWebzone